Big sam for the hotsaet

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:18 pm

ant gornall wrote:We cant go foreign again, they haven't a clue

I think a few people would disagree there. Wenger has achieved plenty in his time at Arsenal and I believe he hasn't spent as much as Houllier. Ranieri hasn't done too badly although he has had a massive cash injection recently. He was doing ok even before then. Sure, there have been a few duff foreign managers but, by and large there have been a few quality ones as well. Gullit also did well at Chelsea before failing at Newcastle, Vialli too.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Coley » Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:05 pm

Foreign Managers doing well though seems to be the exeption rather than the rule.  I'm gutted the games off today, i bet if e'd lost he would have gone.
Coley

Postby azriahmad » Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:58 am

Foreign managers tend to bring in too many foreign players, and more often than not, they tend to struggle in the Premiership. Arsenal is the exception but now, Chelsea is also doing well but they have bought top foreigners for top money. Liverpool needs a British manager who will generally build a British-core team supplemented by good foreigners, not foreigners with "potential" and foreign nobodys like Houllier did. Big Sam has done well at Bolton, they managed to get a result against Arsenal yesterday but I think Martin O'Neill has the edge in terms of managing a bigger club and definitely if you factor European experience.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion