Big name signing? - Remember what hicks said yesterday.....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:29 pm

The_Rock wrote:Guys...(and gals)....

Like i said before, if the worst happens (ie...we don't get anyone)...we still have a good squad of players. Hopefully rafa doesn't sell bellamy and kewell though as i still think these are two of our most technically gifted players.....

:censored: that :censored:. The whole idea of this takeover was so we can compete with the other teams financially. Otherwise what the :censored: good is it having the yanks? Just for a stadium? Get a clue :censored: moron.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:37 pm

bavlondon wrote:

Like i said before, if the worst happens (ie...we don't get anyone)...we still have a good squad of players. Hopefully rafa doesn't sell bellamy and kewell though as i still think these are two of our most technically gifted players.....

:censored: that :censored:. The whole idea of this takeover was so we can compete with the other teams financially. Otherwise what the :censored: good is it having the yanks? Just for a stadium? Get a clue :censored: moron.

WTF .............

U wanna start a flame war with me ?

I am just stating my opinion that we have a strong squad.....If u ain't happy with that...u can print this out and stick it up your a$$......B1tch.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:42 pm

Listen mate if your happpy with a side that is out of the championship race after only a few months then thats your way of thinking. But dont make such silly claims that we have a good squad.

We have a :censored: squad overall. Its only a handful of good players that is keeping us where we are.

So please answer my question. What good is it having the yanks on board if we cant sign any new players. If that were the case I would have rather Moores stay on as boss.

We need to spend big and give out squad depth. Its only getting to the final of Europe that made the season not look a total :censored: up.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:44 pm

If that happens then it would be a fucking disaster. How embarressing would that be? a club of our stature, history and legend could not buy any decent players after reaching a CL final. Whats the point of the New owners if they can't bring in more money.

I am still confident they will make good on their promises, its in their own interest.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:46 pm

redtrader74 wrote:

If that happens then it would be a fucking disaster. How embarressing would that be a club of our stature, history and legend could not buy any decent players after reaching a CL final. Whats the point of the New owners if they can't bring in more money.

I am still confident they will make good on their promises, its in their own interest.

Thankyou. Honestly Rock I wouldnt have expected such dumb comments from someone like you.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:53 pm

bavlondon wrote:Listen mate if your happpy with a side that is out of the championship race after only a few months then thats your way of thinking. But dont make such silly claims that we have a good squad.

We have a :censored: squad overall. Its only a handful of good players that is keeping us where we are.

So please answer my question. What good is it having the yanks on board if we cant sign any new players. If that were the case I would have rather Moores stay on as boss.

We need to spend big and give out squad depth. Its only getting to the final of Europe that made the season not look a total :censored: up.

I know u are as upset as millions of LFC fans.....All i can say is at least wait until the La Liga finishes....If by this time next week, there is still no news....than you guys can start a riot here...

I know u might think i am crazy for thinking that we have a good squad....but that's how i feel. Don't ask me why...its a gut feeling. If we just make 1 or 2 world class signings, i am sure we will win the premier and champions league. If we don't, i still think we can win either one of them..... Cohesion is the key.

But just wanna add a few points

1)We have signed up our best players on long term deals
2)We have signed one of brazil's top youngster (isn't that better than signing portugal's best youngster or 2)
3)Arsenal and Chelsea (our premiership table neighbours) haven't really done anything have they ?
Last edited by The_Rock on Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:08 pm

If these latest rumours are true then quite a few lads on this forum need to eat humble pie because Parry has been simply doing his job keeping hold of the purse strings. Lets hope its just another smokescreen however.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Simari » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:15 pm

Can we not accept that there is something so wrong with the way that LFC has conducted itself as a business, that it would take a bit longer than next year to actually challenge for the EPL title?

Personally, I hate the consequences of that idea, but if means that we need to sort out the financial disaster that our club *might* be in, I am resigned to waiting.

For what it's worth, the first time I watched football in all seriousness was in the era of Barnes and Beardsley in 89/90. Living abroad and not being able to attend games at Anfield means that  I do not truely understand the frustration of fans who did attend all those games up until recent times.

But believe me, it is through adversity that I believe this club will regain its stature and in my lifetime, I will see our great club dominate the EPL. I am resigned to waiting only because I know it will happen as long as us fans give Rafa the chance. I could not say that about the managers prior to him as I did watch every game in it's entirety from abroad.

It hurts now, but we will come through.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby The K0P » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:18 pm

The Rock  agree with you lets wait untill next week    .... Guess Rafa the Gaffer is as well  ... If Madrid do not win the La Liga and Rafa feels he has been misled by the new owners who would blame him for moving on     come on barca ...
The K0P

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:29 pm

Listen it makes no sense whatsoever that the yanks won't invest in players .

1) It was part of the takeover deal that the yanks made funds available to invest in the squad .

2) It is in there own interest that we are successful , because they are building a brand new feckin stadium that they want to fill every week.

3)They are business men who know you have to invest long term to reap the benefits of that investment . They are not stupid , they want to make a profit from there business , so they will put the money up to buy players .

4) Don't believe any rumour until it's official and comes from Rafa himself, and for gods sake calm down. :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Simari wrote:Can we not accept that there is something so wrong with the way that LFC has conducted itself as a business, that it would take a bit longer than next year to actually challenge for the EPL title?

Personally, I hate the consequences of that idea, but if means that we need to sort out the financial disaster that our club *might* be in, I am resigned to waiting.

For what it's worth, the first time I watched football in all seriousness was in the era of Barnes and Beardsley in 89/90. Living abroad and not being able to attend games at Anfield means that  I do not truely understand the frustration of fans who did attend all those games up until recent times.

But believe me, it is through adversity that I believe this club will regain its stature and in my lifetime, I will see our great club dominate the EPL. I am resigned to waiting only because I know it will happen as long as us fans give Rafa the chance. I could not say that about the managers prior to him as I did watch every game in it's entirety from abroad.

It hurts now, but we will come through.

agreed. but how long? its been 19 years. even arsenal won the EPL. so did blackburn.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:33 pm

Lets rewind a few months to when Mr Moores sold his shares. The yanks presented a business plan he felt was in the best interest of thh club. That included financing the new stadium (if we cant go to 68,000 because of traffic considerations or local objections is that the yanks fault?), providing sufficient working capital to run the club (including transfers) and buying out the shareholders.

The yanks stepped up to the plate and Moores backed them. Menwhile Mooores is as quiet as a mouse for a man who loves the club as much as he does, if there was malpractise he would whisper etc..

The new bosses have not put a foot wrong in public thus far in fact they've made all the right noises so apart from 3rd hand hearsay and the press trying to create a story we have zippo to work on. Have we???

See that little sh!te Etoó is now saying he wants to stay at Barca and play with Henry? He's letting his mouth do himself out of a move to Anfield. Seems a little gobsh!te if you ask me and like El Hadji W@nker, these people only cause trouble.

Lets splash the cash on Tevez and get it over and done with.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flamingpoe » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:49 pm

we should be looking elsewhere i dont think tevez is that good a player he is good granted but hey hes not exactly 20-30 goals a season which is what we really need!!!!, as to liverpools budget i think that these 2 will cough up the cash because financially put together it works out that they are roughly about 6bn making them richer than the glazer brothers!!!, if united on the back of there what only premiership win can afford 55million, im sure that they could start contending, seeing as the glazer brothers had to loan some money for manure united!!!!
flamingpoe

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:51 pm

flamingpoe wrote:they are roughly about 6bn making them richer than the glazer brothers!!!

???  Maybe in Yen.
LFC2007

Postby flamingpoe » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:00 pm

no in pounds look it up on wikipedia git
flamingpoe

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion