Big mistake selling baros ! - If you ask me...rafa shame on you!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 116-1104673748 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:52 pm

Any fool can stand in a 6 yard box.I'm a 17 year old defender.Read further down before you post.I said "chase,stand in the right position and help your teammates to score."I have a broad definition of the "getting the ball in the net".I don't mind repeating it."I have a broad definition of "getting the ball in the net".

I may joke in the general chat forum but I'm serious about football.
116-1104673748

Postby banana » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:55 am

thomas88 wrote:Any fool can stand in a 6 yard box.I'm a 17 year old defender.Read further down before you post.I said "chase,stand in the right position and help your teammates to score."I have a broad definition of the "getting the ball in the net".I don't mind repeating it."I have a broad definition of "getting the ball in the net".

I may joke in the general chat forum but I'm serious about football.

I do feel sorry for you Thomas. You sound a bit young, and if I daresay naive. Modern football is more complex than you think sonny. Basically a team attack with 11 men and defend with 11 men. The luxury of having one or two players up front with no defensive responsibilities are long gone. Football is a team sport, a strikers main responsibility lies in making the team as a whole stronger. That is a lot more than scoring goals.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:19 am

I don't wanna get involved in this baros debate becos baros will not even be a liverpool player in a month's time.

I guess u just have to accept it. If a manager does not like (i am not using the word rate) a player..then it is good bye....

I like baros. I want him to stay (as in that case, we would have 3 strikers each with different quality ..

ie..Morientas - classy finisher. will score loads of goals, if given the service.
....Cisse - explosive striker who will shoot at sight. shoot at evey opportunity.
....Baros - skillful striker who can take on defenders and score goals on his own.)

But the jury has already spoken in baros case.

If we are to replace baros, we have to get someone who is at least as good as him.... Have been reading comments like Angel better than baros ? Crouch better than baros ? Give me a break.... Not sure if those morons are secretly BS supports or what .....

Sell baros - i am ok with it if we are to get a good replacement. If not, stick with him.
Last edited by The_Rock on Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ciccioweb » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:26 am

I think Liverpool must buy Luca Toni , forward of the Palermo... Italian Serie A!!!
He doesnt cost too much'and is the future of Italian national team... and i think his qualities could be good for Premiership...
:D
ciccioweb

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:15 pm

He's a simply amazin target man on football manager 2005.... unfortunately my knowledge of the player ends there :( :D
115-1073096938

Postby desperado0831 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:15 pm

I feel sad because Baros is leaving us. Please let him stay. We need him
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:49 pm

Get lost!
115-1073096938

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:01 pm

stu_the_red wrote:He's a simply amazin target man on football manager 2005.... unfortunately my knowledge of the player ends there :( :D

trust me thats the reason he said it  :laugh:
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neilE » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:02 pm

Thomas isn't that far wrong, guys - oversimplified perhaps, but the strikers job is to score - most of the criticism about Baros has said he only scored 13 this season as a main striker - sure he has his qualities, but a lone striker has got to get 20 a season AND set up the midfield for a few. Baros had a chance to show his worth this season and didn't quite do it - the only question is whether he should have another chance, and it looks like Rafa doesn't think so...................
neilE

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:09 pm

LFC #1 wrote:So apparently a striker should make no runs whatsoever, have no involvement in link up play, just stand in the 6 yard box and wait for the ball to come so they can tap it in ay thomas???

Maybe in under 8's this is what a striker does, but their is a little bit more to football than you might think.  :D

LOL LFC where do you come from, its definately Under 10's that love the challenge of standing in the 6 yrd box and popping them in  :D
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:12 pm

neilE wrote:Thomas isn't that far wrong, guys - oversimplified perhaps, but the strikers job is to score - most of the criticism about Baros has said he only scored 13 this season as a main striker - sure he has his qualities, but a lone striker has got to get 20 a season AND set up the midfield for a few. Baros had a chance to show his worth this season and didn't quite do it - the only question is whether he should have another chance, and it looks like Rafa doesn't think so...................

Name me one lone striker that has scored 20 goals this season in any top league.  (excluding johnson at palace coz half of them were pens)

I think you'll struggle.

I agree Baros should have scored more, but 20 is a big ask playing up top on your own, especially when you're the only available striker for chunks of the season and can't be rested
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neilE » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:48 pm

john craig wrote:
neilE wrote:Thomas isn't that far wrong, guys - oversimplified perhaps, but the strikers job is to score - most of the criticism about Baros has said he only scored 13 this season as a main striker - sure he has his qualities, but a lone striker has got to get 20 a season AND set up the midfield for a few. Baros had a chance to show his worth this season and didn't quite do it - the only question is whether he should have another chance, and it looks like Rafa doesn't think so...................

Name me one lone striker that has scored 20 goals this season in any top league.  (excluding johnson at palace coz half of them were pens)

I think you'll struggle.

I agree Baros should have scored more, but 20 is a big ask playing up top on your own, especially when you're the only available striker for chunks of the season and can't be rested

fair comment, but I wasn't just thinking about the league - if a 1st choice striker plays 40 - 50 games in a season, a good one should get 20 goals. Baros got 13 from 44 according to lfctv. That isn't enough - unless you are creating loads, and that isn't Baros' game
neilE

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:48 pm

neilE wrote:
john craig wrote:

I think you'll struggle.

fair comment, but I wasn't just thinking about the league - if a 1st choice striker plays 40 - 50 games in a season, a good one should get 20 goals. Baros got 13 from 44 according to lfctv. That isn't enough - unless you are creating loads, and that isn't Baros' game

Yeah fair enough, maybe he could have scored 20 in all competitions, and i agree he doesn't create enough for team mates.

However I think you have to look at the team as a whole here.  Apart from a few sitters against everton, I can't remember too many glaring misses by baros (although i'm sure a few of you will manage to remember some!).  I just think that we were pretty uncreative as a team going forward, lacked width and that its not as if baros was getting that many chances laid on for him every week.  Having said that he's not the best striker ive seen for LFC and if we replace him in the summer then I'll be happy enough
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1114725958 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:28 pm

It seems strange a lot of you are against Milan. just over a year ago, under the final season of Houllier, all of you were sitting in the stands at the match, creaming your pants when Milan came off the bench to warm up, chanting "Milan, Milan" and now you want him out, after only his first full season playing, when Heskey had at least FOUR!

I don't know if you all know how the game of football is played, but a lot to do with how many goals you score in a season, depends on the midfield's supply of decent balls, although I don't see many of you slating hamann, Gerrard,garcia and Alonso in some poor performances this season.Ie; after xmas when gerrard went through a poor patch.

I've seen a couple of posts over the season in here, questioning Morientes. But if you give him the ball in the right place at the right time, he can do the damage.

Hypocrites if you ask me.

MILAN, MILAN, MILAN, MILAN!
65-1114725958

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:55 pm

Yeah i mean, totally, its not like Baros misses sitters and the supply from Gerrard, Garcia, Riise, Alonso and Morientes has been really poor as none of them have an ounce of intelligence.

Baros is :censored: lad. End of arguement.
115-1073096938

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion