Big mistake selling baros ! - If you ask me...rafa shame on you!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:29 am

Baros is NOWHERE NEAR the required standard. End of arguement.
115-1073096938

Postby laza » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:57 am

Situation looks pretty much terminal with Baros recent attitude so best for all parties if he does go
If he does go least it will be nice to see a transfer fee for out going player rather then just another cult hero who cost a packet performed a few times and is now leaving on a free
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Galactico » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:02 am

So i guess you all feel baros(7 mil) is worse than crouch(7 mil)......OK???
Galactico

Postby slavia » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:02 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
slavia wrote:.
So what you are eloquently attempting to infer is that Liverpool F.C. should, for the benefit of Mr Baros, totally alter the ethos and infastructure to accomodate his somewhat debatable attributes? I regretably inform you that this is an untenable juncture, ergo you should refrain from conversing from your anus. One cannot comprehend the notion that the residing Champions of Europe should retire the system which has offered obvious dividends, in order that a third-rate striker can prevail. I jest ye not, fellow LFC fans - this homosapian is an ar*e. :p  :suspect:

much like I already said above, you should really learn to read before you make any inferences. I have actually suggested that people structure their arguments like arguments and stop grinding opinions into generalizations, (like Stu for example), maybe the threads would then be worth reading. But people see what they want to see and read what they want to read. That's the end of the story for me.
slavia

Postby A.B. » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:05 am

Funny how nobody is mentioning that we're linked with the likes of Kuyt,Luque,Torres.

Rafa had to "fight" off other clubs for Morientes for six million, and to think that we'll play seven million for Crouch is utter pure speculation bullsh1t.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Galactico » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:13 am

I hope A.B.! i cant begin to comprehend having crouch upfront

and i havent forgotten about the others in fact the other players noted above is what i was expecting after we dumped milan but recently torres and co appear to speculation and crouch a f*ckin witch hunt.
Galactico

Postby hobbes » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:49 am

never mind, let baros go. It is not a mistake at all. He can be with Gerrard Houlier.
hobbes

Postby AussieKopite » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:30 am

I'm a little sketchy on the detail but I THINK that God to the ancient Pharoah in the time of Moses said "Let Baros Go."

Do you wanna argue with the Big Guy?
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:50 am

it doesn't really have to come down to why baros is failing in the team this season or previous seasons. he knows he's had his chances and as a decent professional he's had a crack at taking them, his work rate proves that. we've seen some lovely team build up play arrive at baros and we've mostly failed to see goals come from it. we could spend days discussing whose fault it is -baros, the system, the midfield, the manager, the pitch, the weather, the time of the month - but the end result is that it is not working. LFC and baros just doesn't gel. therefore we have two options; keep baros and change the whole team and infrastructure or sell baros. and the best of luck to him wherever he goes.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:20 am

A.B. wrote:Yes I read what you wrote, and I drew a conclusion that you think that  the reason Baros can't put away a sitter for instance is because of the system that we use or did I miss comprehend?

Couldn't it be  that he simply can't produce the goods in the same way he does for his beloved country?

He did 2 improtant things that got us the Champions league trophy and neither of them were goals.

1) he broke through the so called famous Chelsea defence at Anfield and would have had a penalty if Garcia hadnt scored.

2) his flick with the back of the foot put in Gerrard to win us the penalty in the final and equalise

He is very difficult to defend against, not just for the top international sides, but the best defences at club level as well.

He may have underachieved in scoring goals, but he contributed to that cup that stays in our trophy cabiner forever without scoring.

He is on his way because he lacks maturity. I'm sure Rafa was more upset he got sent off against Everton when we had no strikers left, than because he missed the 2 chances.
tel

Postby tel » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:25 am

I'm not worried about losing Baros. I'm worried about signing a retard like Crouch.

If Baros goes but Dirk Kyut comes in, great. If we're stuck with Crouch, I'm going to stick it to everyone that hated Baros every game he plays next season.

Crouch is the worst striker in the premiership. Beattie, that reject that cant score a goal across the street, kept him out of a side that got relegated
tel

Postby bedlovedays » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:09 pm

A striker's job is not to make the defense tired, it is to put the ball in the net.
He was ineffective two years ago, he's ineffective now and will be next year, no sense in keeping a striker who might one day decide to learn how to kick the ball into the net, we want the premiership title next year!

The boy has not scored since Feb.  Go figure, even Sammi chipped in with a couple of CL goals!  Great ones to boot!

We're better off with Cisse, Nando, even Le Tallec or Mellor, but Baros,,,, see ya mate, i'
ve been waiting two years for your departure, raise a glass to ya, now get out! :blues:
bedlovedays

Postby azriahmad » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:33 am

I don't agree with the topic.

Regardless of what has been contributed in the past, we need to improve the team if we want to move forward. Rafael Benithez is an intelligent manager and he has tried to solder on last season with the available personnel given Liverpool's then financial position. Now that we are the European Champions with the promise of the financial spoils coming in due to the CL victory, there is a real need to buy new players and move out the excess so that we can rebuild for a better future. Rafa has done his bit with working for 1 season with the players he does not really want, now he must be given the chance to build his squad, the extent of which is limited to the funds available.

This is a fact of life. We achieve something and we move on. We need to improve the squad or risk stagnating or worse, deteriorating.

Baros is seen as a possible casualty of the rebuilding because he does not seem to fit into the manager's plans. A football club is not like a business with capital assets because of the human side of things. If you don't like your manager and your manager in turn don't like you, you should move on, otherwise it would not be conducive for both parties as a lot of negative things will arise to the detriment of the club.

Baros has certain strengths but these strengths does not fit the requirements of the manager or could not be maximised at Liverpool. Let him go, while he is still young and wanted by other clubs. At least we will get some monetary returns and not end up with a player who will sulk and make comments which will rock the boat.

IMHO, I agree with most here that Baros is simply not good enough to make any kind of a lasting impact at Liverpool that we will be genuinely challenge for the top spot with him as the lead striker. Perhaps he could flourish at a slower and less phisical league where he has more time to make his telling shots at goal, not in the EPL. We need a 20+ to 30 goals a season striker, not one who can only muster 13 goals unless he compensates with loads of goal assists.

Statistics do not lie and Baros has neither of these qualities.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1114725958 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:15 pm

stu_the_red wrote:van Persie
Smith
Defoe
Keane
Angel
Gudjonsson
Crouch
Morientes
Cisse
Ashton
Johnson
Fowler
Shearer
Kluivert

Don't question my knowledge on the sport little boy. You'll get made to look like an idiot. Run along. :D

I've counted 14 on your list who are not better than Baros by a long shot.

Dean Ashton? Defoe? Keane? Crouch? ALAN SMITH!

Is this the Comedy Hour?

Hands up all those who think that most of the above are better than Baros?

This is poetic! Stu sit down, you look silly
65-1114725958

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:18 pm

Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
van Persie
Smith
Defoe
Keane
Angel
Gudjonsson
Crouch
Morientes
Cisse
Ashton
Johnson
Fowler
Shearer
Kluivert

Is this the Comedy Hour?

Hands up all those who think that most of the above are better than Baros?

over here :buttrock
Last edited by stmichael on Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion