Better since his return?!?!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby morientes_gerrard » Sat May 07, 2005 10:04 am

Djibril Cisse HAS been better than ever since returning from his injury. He found it hard to settle before his injury but this seemed to help him, the lads love him, the gaffer prefers him to all our strikers, the fans love him.

When sharp and match fit(hopefully in time for the Champ League final) he will become great and show us his true worth. I can't wait to see him in action next season, I hav a feeling he is going to be class.

Any opinions on him and his return?
morientes_gerrard

Postby Santa » Sat May 07, 2005 10:09 am

a month or so back, there was a discussion and one point that we touch on is that Alonso and Cisse will return and help us to the CL Final, with Cisse to score the winning goal in the final to top it all.

What odds for that to happen in 3 weeks time?  :nod
Last edited by Santa on Sat May 07, 2005 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby morientes_gerrard » Sat May 07, 2005 10:16 am

That would be amazing!!!!!

Another point I want to add is since returning from injury he has been more willing to close the oppositions defence down, and he has proved his passion for the club
morientes_gerrard

Postby xd3vilx » Sat May 07, 2005 10:22 am

Alonso Is The Best Signing For Liverpool...
I Can Sense Cisse Scoring Trm...
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Sat May 07, 2005 11:02 am

great to see cisse back,but he allways seems more effective playing as a winger than a striker to me.
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat May 07, 2005 11:52 am

I hope he's going to be more prolific than he was against sh*tski!!!! Up the 'pool! :laugh:

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joependo » Sat May 07, 2005 12:32 pm

Cisse has got alot better he has been into it more,but there is a problem Cisse sed that the broken leg might of ruined his futre so i think raffa should rest him like he is bring him on as a sub the last 30 to 15 mins and then sub him at half time and if he get through taht play him from the start.To the question yes he has improved,but were will raffa play him on the wing or a striker:)
joependo

Postby Woollyback » Sat May 07, 2005 12:47 pm

I think the jury still has to be out on Cisse, purely cos nobody's really had the chance to see him feature in a sustained run of games

One major positive however, is his attitude. I know a lot of people (myself included) had reservations that he may have been a bit of a spice boy and so on, but the way he has bludgeoned his way back to fitness after such a horrific injury is truly heart-warming and to me it looks as if his attitude is in fact spot-on. Still early days I know, but I'm pretty optimistic that we've got a top striker just waiting to fire on all cylinders
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wee_boi888 » Sat May 07, 2005 12:49 pm

kenco wrote:great to see cisse back,but he allways seems more effective playing as a winger than a striker to me.

That reminds me of the Diouff treatment....
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sat May 07, 2005 8:47 pm

Yea, Cisse back is good for his and team morale, but i wud disagree but the closing down, for me he wasnt closing down enough in the semi against chelski.....but dont get me wrong he did nick it in midfield a couple of times, but he wasnt working as hard as Baros does on the closing down......But i think that may be because he is still a bit wary bout his leg(obviously its ok(physically) otherwise Rafa wudnt play him) but i think we have to give him a bit more time, because he probably thinks about it a lot, as can be understood considering there was the possiblity of Amputation.

On the scoring front obviously we all havent seen the best yet, but the goals he has scored have been tasty!!!(was just watching the one against Monaco(his 2nd goal for LFC(in competitive games, i think, feel free to put me right!)) his movement for that goal was great and one of our best passing moves of the season, probably just behind the Alonso goal v Arsenal.
But next season, im hoping he terrorises opposition defences.....

Cisse Cisse Cisse Cisse
YNWA

PS his attitude is excellent, just what i want to see from LFC players!!!
76-1115222408

Postby kopite » Sat May 07, 2005 10:37 pm

TOP CLASS ! enough said .
kopite

Postby mrcool2003 » Sat May 07, 2005 11:05 pm

i find it strange why hes always played on the wing? surely he should be stuck up front with morienties, abit of pace with abit of guile from morienties
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion