Izaguirre
No votes
Cissokho
2%
Zapata
2%

Total votes : 56

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:48 pm

I think first choice has to be an experienced world class CB. Carra is on his way out, Aggregate is always injured and Skrttl is not good enough
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:49 pm

Bloody predictive text
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:42 pm

Mata - players like NZogbia and Adam shouldnt be near the club - nowhere near good enough .
Benny The Noon

Postby ethanr » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:03 pm

Mata can play left wing, attacking cm or ls.  He's very versatile and would fit into either a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby aCe' » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:30 pm

No exaggeration, i think signing Mata, Zapata and Cissokho/Clichy (in order of importance) would tranform us from the top6 or top5 club we are today to a top3 side.

All 3 are top players who would get into most top sides and would be massive improvements on what we have and on the other names on that list.

No offense to anyone who rates the likes of Adam, Nzgobia, Dann and Enrique but the difference in class is pretty substantial imo. Sure, they're probably slightly better than what we have atm but if we are going to go out there and spend big money then we might as well get players who represent value for our money... No way is Adam a 15mill player, no way is Dann a 15mill player, no way is Downing a 20mill player... We already took  huge gambles with Carroll & Henderson, paying over the odds simply because they are English and young. Personally, i dont think its smart business buying from the English league at this point in time unless a players contract is about to expire. Look at Man City.. Paying big money for Lescott (22mill) Toure (16mill) Adebayor (25mill) SantaCruz (17.5mill) Bridge (12mill) Barry (12.5mill with one year remaining) Milner (26mill) 

More than 130sumthing million on players that they now realize arent good enough to make the starting 11 or even the bench at times... Its an overhyped, overpriced market with low chances of getting value for money...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:34 pm

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:19 am

Redman in wales wrote:I think kenny will opt for a 4-3-3 with 4-4-2 as an option. Mata doesn’t really fit in to these but what would work extremely well for mata (and suarez) is this:

Reina

Carra     Kelly     Agger

Johnson                    Lucas                      LWB

Gerrard
                  Mata                     Suraez
                                Carroll

With Johnson and a new LB given licence (and encouraged) to get down the flanks as much as possible to provide width. As well as Suarez and Mata drifting out when they need to

I don’t think we’ll see 3 at the back very often, but that’s a great way to accommodate and get the best out of Suarez and Mata

What if more players arrive like, downing, Adam, perhaps a Gago, what formation would you use then?
killerp

Postby desmdlow » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:23 am

Enrique for me.. I think we should settle the lb problem first and foremost. And he looks like a consistent player with bags of skill for a defender. His early cross are delicious. Caroll will love those and Suarez will be eager to get on any knock down from those early balls, making our play up field faster.
desmdlow

Postby killerp » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:13 am

desmdlow wrote:Enrique for me.. I think we should settle the lb problem first and foremost. And he looks like a consistent player with bags of skill for a defender. His early cross are delicious. Caroll will love those and Suarez will be eager to get on any knock down from those early balls, making our play up field faster.

Good point, if the formation will have Carroll as the frontman. With his price it would be hard to not see that happening.

I hope we are not going to resort to long balls though :glare:
...that would be......painful to watch.
killerp

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:40 am

killerp wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:I think kenny will opt for a 4-3-3 with 4-4-2 as an option. Mata doesn’t really fit in to these but what would work extremely well for mata (and suarez) is this:

Reina

Carra     Kelly     Agger

Johnson                    Lucas                      LWB

Gerrard
                  Mata                     Suraez
                                Carroll

With Johnson and a new LB given licence (and encouraged) to get down the flanks as much as possible to provide width. As well as Suarez and Mata drifting out when they need to

I don’t think we’ll see 3 at the back very often, but that’s a great way to accommodate and get the best out of Suarez and Mata

What if more players arrive like, downing, Adam, perhaps a Gago, what formation would you use then?

Just like I said in the first line of my post, I think we'll play 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, depending on what players we bring in and have available at the time. The formation above was simply trying to accommodate Mata's talents, but I dont think we;ll see it often. Downing would play on the wing in a 4-4-2. There is no space for Gago what-so-ever if we buy Adam as surely he'd be behind Gerrard, Lucas, Meireles, Adam, Henderson and that's assuming we'll sell Aquilani
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Calum » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:22 am

I'm still hoping we buy Charlie Adam. Weren't we supposed to be in talks with Blackpool about him? What's happened there? I also think he would start in most of the important matches if we bought him. N'Zogbia is also a good call... an inventive midfielder we could do with.

As for left back, I would love to see Leighton Baines fill that position, but also like Enrique as well. We definitely need another striker, but I can't think of any names for that position at the moment.
Calum

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:13 pm

Calum wrote:We definitely need another striker, but I can't think of any names for that position at the moment.

Connor Wickham  :nod
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:27 pm

I'm afraid, we might have to make do with what we have now... I believe this is it; Henderson, Carroll and Suarez. I think what's happening is, for English players, the other clubs are asking too much, and for foreign players we can't match the wages offered by Chelsea, man city, united... Etc...

This is it guys... Stop dreaming...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:12 pm

maguskwt wrote:I'm afraid, we might have to make do with what we have now... I believe this is it; Henderson, Carroll and Suarez. I think what's happening is, for English players, the other clubs are asking too much, and for foreign players we can't match the wages offered by Chelsea, man city, united... Etc...

This is it guys... Stop dreaming...

I wouldn't agree on that. Sure, we might not sign players such as Aguero, but players like Adam, Downing, Clichy etc. are definitely a possibility. As for Mata, he'll be a bit harder to sign, but IMO I don't think that we need him, doubt that he is the right one to play in the position that we need him to play in and I think that he'll find it hard to get use to the Prem.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby crim cram » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:27 pm

Pretty much a consensus pick then: Mata :D
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion