Best lfc goals - Since the premiership started

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:34 pm

mynameisred wrote:Not sure about individual goal but the greatest hat trick in the prem has to be Owen's against the toon at St James. The little scamp brings a tear to my eye even now. He absolutley destroyed them and I remember thinking at the time how special this kid really is. Most enjoyable has to be each of  Danny's at Old Trafford.

what about fowler's 4 minute hatrick against arsenal? talk about arriving on the big stage! :p

that owen hatrick was gullit's first game as newcastle boss. he promised sexy football and we saw some alright- from owen, who scored a 15 minute hatrick. we were 4-1 up at half-time. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mynameisred » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:43 pm

Yeah I know how could I have forgotten. I will make sure I recieve a good spanking to make up for it. Its doubly worse coz I still cant let go of him whenever I see him I have to tell everyone that he doesnt play like he did for us because he doesnt have Anfield anymore. And when he scored against us , well what can I say it was probably the worst scored against us. Im off to sulk.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:05 pm

Owen's hat trick against Newcastle was fantastic.  He just attacked defenders without fear.  I wonder will we see him play like that again ?
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:16 pm

Sean wrote:Owen's hat trick against Newcastle was fantastic.  He just attacked defenders without fear.  I wonder will we see him play like that again ?

It was fanfkingtastic. Pass me that box of tissues I have to wipe something off.  :D   :D   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:10 pm

mcmanaman vs celtic was pretty special aswell. :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Gareth G » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:00 pm

stmichael wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:The one that makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up all the time is the "Collymore's closing in" for Sky on the 4-3 game versus the toon army.

Edge of the box, picture it, Rush, to Barnes, Rush Collymores closing in .............................. Bang bottom left corner.

Amazing.

that was the best game i've ever seen live, mainly because both teams were just completely intent on attacking. newcastle were in their pomp and we showed great resilience to come back from 2-1 and 3-2 down. keegan slumped over the advertising boards was one of the images that will stick with me for ever.

Yep, that's the one that does it for me too.

McAllister's goal will never be forgotten also.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:07 pm

Another two i just remebered was Fowler's two cracker's against United. Him and Gary Nevile were chasing a lose ball heading toward's the by line, they were both level but Fowler hit him with the best shoulder charge ive ever seen, it knocked him flying and Fowler did a cheeky chip over Peter Schmeichel. His other goal in that game was a blinder too, if i remember correctly he hit an absolute blaster with his weaker foot, it shot up into the top corner and smashed the goal camera into sh*te.
Last edited by Gareth G on Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ROBtheRED » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:57 pm

A few crackers i recall:
Riise v mancs 01/02
Gerrard v mancs 00/01
Barnes overhead kick v Blackburn 94/95
Gerrard v Sheff Wed 99/00 (his 1st goal for the 1st team)
Fowler v Villa 95/96
Collymore v Newcastle 95/96
Hamann v Portsmouth 03/04
Fowler v Brann Bergen 96/97
Owen v Arsenal 00/01 (cup final winner)
McMananaman v Celtic 97/98
Redknapp v Blackburn 98/99
"The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the kop make you feel great. . .yet humble."   Mr B.Shankly
ROBtheRED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:03 am

I just can't pick one, David Fairclough scored some important ones which of course were from him coming off the bench, that St Etiene european game was special too, it's a case of the best goal as a spectical (Riise Vs Man U, etc) or the best goal goal which makes you the most excited (Collymore Vs N'Castle, etc)  ???

We have scored some screemers against the mancs over the last few seasons (Gerrard, Riise, Berger, Fowler (bust the camera), etc)
Last edited by Paul C on Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:38 am

Oh god - where to begin...some off the top of my head:

Not sure of the year, but I assume early 90s - Ronnie Whelan lobbing Steve Ogrizovic from just outside the box when Oggie was only about a yard off his line. Inch perfect.

Litmanen's screamer against Spurs in 2001.

ThatRiise's free-kick against Man U.

Fowler's volley for his third in his hat-trick against Leicester in 2001.

Stan's debut goal.
ivor_the_injun

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion