Best lfc debut

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:50 am

so ok cisse has arrived and we can look forward to his full debut with optimism. this brought me to a question. what was the best debut you ever saw by a liverpool player?

being of the newer generation, i can remember a few. i can remember rob jones having a stormer at old trafford on his first team debut. i also remember nigel clough scoring twice on his debut at home to sheffield wednesday. if i'm not mistaken, didn't patrik berger also score twice on his debut against leicester?

what was the best liverpool debut you can remember?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby taff » Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:52 am

Ray Parlour getting sent off  :D  :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:53 am

i can't remember many debuts but if memory serves, did kewell give a class display at home to chelsea?
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:56 am

if memory serves me correct, i think baros scored twice against bolton on his first team debut. ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Gareth G » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:51 pm

I thought Patrik Berger scored twice on his debut against Chelsea, or maybe that was his second game. You could be right though, but he scored four goals in his first two appearances i think.

Stan Collymore had a good debut too, but IMO Milan Baros top's it with his two crackers against Bolton.
Last edited by Gareth G on Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:55 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:I thought Patrik Berger scored twice on his debut against Chelsea, or maybe that was his second game. You could be right though, but he scored four goals in his first two appearances i think.

yeah, i think it was the second match and we won 4-1 at anfield.
Phil Babb also slammed his balls into the post i believe :laugh:
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:05 pm

thought the debuts of Barnes, Beardsley and Aldridge was pretty special. It was at Highbury and all three played a part in a goal. Beardsley played the ball to Barnes who crossed onto the head of Aldridge who buried the header at the North Bank End. Signalled the start of three very special players to wear the red shirt.

Stevie Nichol scored the winner with a header from just out side the box! we played in silver, we had thousands on the clock end, was a lovely hot day, many beers and an away win 2-1.

memories

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby stapo1000 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:08 pm

what were u wearing that day st.mike
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:13 pm

stapo1000 wrote:what were u wearing that day st.mike

that's a bit of a personal question. :p  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Scottbot » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:23 pm

I remember that Stevie Nichol header, an absolute blinder from just outside the box. Happy days :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:25 pm

what about owen's goal after coming on against wibledon
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:32 pm

Robbie Fowler was given his professional debut for Liverpool by Greame Souness against Fulham in the League Cup in September 1993. Fowler scored in a 3-1 win and in the second leg two weeks later scored all five of Liverpool's goals in a 5-0 win, becoming only the fourth player in Liverpool's history to score five goals in a senior fixture.

In only his fifth league game Fowler scored his first Premiership hat-trick against Southampton. 12 goals in his first 13 games for Liverpool led to Fowler making his England Under-21 debut against San Marino in November 1993, and he scored the opening goal after 3 minutes. By the end of the 1993/94 season Fowler had scored 18 goals in a brilliant debut season, finishing as Liverpool's leading goalscorer despite missing two months with a hairline fracture on his ankle.

some goalscorer.  :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:37 pm

Not a LFC debut but,

I remember Bill Shankly making his debut for Preston N.E.
December 9th 1933 against Hull City, what a player, what an atmosphere.

Remember it like it was yesterday.....
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecrackernuts » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:41 pm

Steve McManaman is Cool, he's dish, but i haven't got his phone number yet. This lad It was not until December that year that 18-year old McManaman made his Liverpool debut, but in that match he clearly showing his potential, and why he has been selected by England U21.

Steve making his debut as an substitute against Sheffield United ten days later, he has thrown in at the deep end by Graeme Souness at the beginning at the 1991-92 seasons, scoring at Manchester City in only just about his second full appearances.

In December 1994 Steve receiving her first England call-ups for the game Nigeria and caming in as a 25th minutes substituting for the injured Cassius Clay. His full debut coming against Colombia in September 1995. Arguably his finest performance thus far was his Man of the Match displaying against Bolton in Liverpool's 2-1 victory in the 1995 Coca-Cola Cup final where he scoring both Liverpool goals.

When the 1991/92 season beginning, he became a first-team regular. Continuing to developing and becoming the most important players on the teams. He does one of the best players in Euro 96 for the England squad team and getting picked in most people Euro 96 all star teams. Unfortunately under Glenn Hoddle he is not enjoying such successfully  :(  . He has failing to even coming at as the sub at France 98. Never-the-less on the Premiership his abilities are apparently by the tactics that visiting teams to Anfield are using on him. It is a really really great tribute for his abilities tho that oppositions managers is having him man-marked, often by more than one players. Now i need to wash my new rabbit... He's laying ****** in her bad, naughty! :D
cheesecrackernuts

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:18 pm

riise also had a great debut for liverpool. i think it was against bayern munich in the super cup. he scored and we won 3-2. he went on to be superb for that entire season. :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion