22%
Emiliano Insua
3%

Total votes : 65

Postby we all dream... » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:54 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
we all dream... wrote:
stmichael wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:Alvaro Arbeloa very soild player and has grow with the time he had at club.

And you have to consider that everyone was saying "who" when we signed him, and most were convinced he'd be a flop as we'd seen a lot of player come to us from Spain and not make the grade.

Not only that, his first game for us was away in the Nou Camp when he was asked to play out of position at left back and given the job of marking Messi. I don't remember Messi getting a kick that night. This season he's improved no end aswell, although his final ball could be better at times.

credit to the guy, at the begining of the season people were calling our fullbacks into question, now it's, in most instances, just left back that is causing debate.

Dossena looks woeful but I think he will come good, He cant be that bad, Raf bought him for 7mill, even if that was over price it can only be by 2mill or so.... i hope he is given a little more time before he is shipped out.

the leftback is causing debate coz its really sh!t. if we had a better leftback, im unsure of how Arbeloa would be regarded.

true...

But he is quite solid.

The way our team it set up is brilliant... the full backs have the freedon to get forward at every oportunity because of the cover from central midfield in masch... but this doesnt happen, either tactically or because they have not got the quality to do so, well it doesnt happen enough anyway.

Sometimes.... Arbeloa links up well with Kuyt down the left and even in burst Dossena has done well with Reira.

But not often enough... I wana see them over lapping and putting balls into and around the box for the opposite winger, CF Am to get on the end of on a regular basis.

Thats how I see the DM role anyway, gioves freedon down the flanks becasue their is cover for the back four in the form of Masch. Maybe I am wrong... just a fan... not a coach. There are a lot of coaches on here someone will tell me where im going wrong...  :D
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rorschach26 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:54 pm

I voted Mascherano

Agger woulda just shaded for me but im not sure whther he will be off next season
Rorschach26

Postby Zidane » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:57 pm

Arbeloa has been excellent this season, done everything we have asked of him.  I think he would be doing even better if Kuyt wasn't our RM, he isn't world class or anything but very reliable this season.
Zidane

Postby GYBS » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:04 pm

Is that Arebloa has being doing well because kuyt playing in front of him or could be doing better but isnt cause of kuyt ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:13 pm

:laugh: Kuyt , his name is everywhere :laugh:

For me rafa's best jan signing would have the skrtel . Was a little unsure when he first came to lfc but he filled in agger's shoe's after a shaky debut . :censored: drogba could not outmuscle skrtel thats how solid he is , part of the reason why we lost to chelsea was losing skrtel to injury . Masch is a fantastic player as well , i could not believe how he did not manage to get games at west ham , their loss our gain
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:18 pm

This is a great poll and clearly highlights the rose tinted people who went for Fowler.

Now don't get me wrong, Fowler was a really fun signing and did lift the crowd but it was depressing seeing Fowler as a shadow of his former glory, he did score a "few" goals though so was a good January signing.

I voted for Mascha as I think he has been inspirational to the team although I'm not sure he qualifies as a Jan signing really.
heimdall

Postby Almighty Red » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:36 pm

I voted Masch but he really wasn't a January signing. The best January signing, in my opinion, is between Agger and Skrtel. I really can't choose between them. I guess Agger has a better overall game...
Almighty Red

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion