Best goals

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Red @ Heart » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:17 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:I'm guessing the goal in question was the much-disputed goalmouth scramble.

More important symbolically than artistically, definitely. :D

OMFG that goal :oops:  LMAO i feel so stupid now, i was expecting someone to say it was a scorcher (not saying that the symbolically than artistically, definitely goal was :censored:) :p

:rasp
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:17 pm

Red wrote:BTW, is there a clip of the goal Garcia scored against chelae i cannot for the life of me remember that goal. :down:

that was never a goal. infact chelsea never lost that game and actually went on to lift the champions league trophy :D

special one? more like special needs one. :kungfu:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:18 pm

stmichael wrote:robbie fowler vs aston villa 1997/98. cruyff turned staunton and then hit a left foot rocket from about 30 yards. summed up everything fowler was about at that time. :cool:

more recently, gerrard vs boro at anfield last season has to be up there.

Oh man - I'd completely forgotten about that one. If anyone has a clip of that one, I'll be massively grateful.

Another one that springs to mind is back in the late 80s/early 90s - Ronnie Whelan chipped Steve Ogrizovic from about 20 yards. Particularly remarkable because Ogrizovic was on his line at the time - it was just so delicately and perfectly placed that he couldn't get to it. I think the club nominated it as their goal of the season that year as part of a competition Saint & Greavsie were running.  :D
ivor_the_injun

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:56 am

Most people have already named the ones running through my head (plus a few I'd forgotten/not seen) so, for the sake of originality, I'll add...

1) Xabi scoring from his own half against Luton (worth it for Stevie's reaction alone  :D )

2) Didi's penalty against Milan...not because it was a spectacular strike but because, feck me, the man had a broken foot! :buttrock
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:06 am

Oh, and let's not forget Carra's goal against FBK Kaunas back in July!

A vital away goal in the first leg of a Champions League qualifier...

The match-winning goal...

And Carra's first in 7 years!  :buttrock  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby AwiLas » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:16 am

I should go with Kewell's strike against Spurs.. Totally awesome.. And his strike again against Everton, where Stevie G was sent off.. Where's the money.?. Ahakz..
AwiLas

Postby Aaron » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:19 am

Stevie Gerrards a few years ago against southampton. 35 yards he just cracked it in off the underside of the bar or else his goal agains boro last season. :bowdown
City 'till I Die
Aaron

Postby Dalglish » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:38 pm

I'm giving away my age but two that were pure class were Terry McDermott's against Sopurs in 78 completinga  7-0 drubbing and one he scored around the same time which was Goal Of The Season when he chipped the keeper from the edge of the box after a flowing passing move......

Recent ones are Jar's free kick against the Mancs and Stevie G's screamer against the same .......

I was at brum last week and the 4th goal was a work of art followed by another Riise thunderbolt :p

No one has mentioned Mellors last minute winner against the Gooners either last season.......:p

The one that sent me crazy above all others was Macca's last minute free kick in Dortmund 2001. For pure drama and exhiliration that has to be up there ....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:50 pm

Dalglish wrote:I'm giving away my age but two that were pure class were Terry McDermott's against Sopurs in 78 completinga  7-0 drubbing and one he scored around the same time which was Goal Of The Season when he chipped the keeper from the edge of the box after a flowing passing move......

Recent ones are Jar's free kick against the Mancs and Stevie G's screamer against the same .......

I was at brum last week and the 4th goal was a work of art followed by another Riise thunderbolt :p

No one has mentioned Mellors last minute winner against the Gooners either last season.......:p

The one that sent me crazy above all others was Macca's last minute free kick in Dortmund 2001. For pure drama and exhiliration that has to be up there ....

funny enough Terry Macs goals were ones i was thinking of too.I also remember him rounding off a great move that started in our penalty area and 3 passes later finished with him heading a great goal......
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:53 pm

Most emotional goal - Traore against Burnley (but I'm not saying which emotion)
Goal I most enjoyed at the time - all three against AC Milan.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:42 pm

I've just been skimming through this thread again and have enjoyed following the posted links and seeing some of these goals for the first time (Fowler !!!)

Is there someone out there, more techno-savvy than I, who could dig up some links to some of the other great goals mentioned?

Any excuse to avoid work would be welcomed!  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red @ Heart » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:53 pm

there was a goal scored by Steve Mcmanaman in the uefa cup about 6 or 7 years ago, i can remember which club it was against, anyway Macca was clean through on goal and i think it was the keeper who forced Macca out wide  towards the corner flag, the keeper moved back towards his goal and Macca from the bye line near the corner flag Parallel with the goal, the angle was as tight as a german virgin :Oo:  , and he managed to lift the ball over the retreating keeper and curled it in to the goal, i thought that was quite amazing. anyone remember that one?
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby NiftyNeil » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:15 pm

Bad Bob wrote:I've just been skimming through this thread again and have enjoyed following the posted links and seeing some of these goals for the first time (Fowler !!!)

Is there someone out there, more techno-savvy than I, who could dig up some links to some of the other great goals mentioned?

Any excuse to avoid work would be welcomed!  :D

Here you go Big Bob:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A2HHWMGzYU&search=LFC
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:32 pm

NiftyNeil,

Cheers mate!!!

That made the hairs on my neck stand up...

I have a meeting with my boss in 2 minutes - I'm going to walk in grinning like an idiot after that!  :laugh:

Great moments all, but I loved Rafa's reaction to being hugged by the steward after Gerrard's goal against Olympiakos...total deadpan!  :D  :D  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:03 pm

All those mentioned were great goals....

Keegan v St Etienne in the game supersub scored the winner.

Jamie Redknap also scored some absolute screamers in his time- a player for me who would have been awesome had injuries not spoiled his career.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion