Benitez v mourinho - Do you think we got right guy?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby fivecups » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:42 pm

Agreed Steven Gerrard is flavour of the month at the moment with every man and his dog rushing to heap praise on him. But we have known for a long time that he is absolute class, I think everyone else has just started to realise that. How can we progress if we sell the heart of our club. He stays no matter what the price.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ojnats » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:48 pm

The one thing I don't like about SG is those horrid 2 footed tackles that he does when things aren't going well.  He does seem to have gotten over his injury problems, and that is probably the reason he is playing his best football just now. If it is Benitez he will have to sell a few players because GH bought some amount of dross
ojnats

Postby cheesecakery » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:54 pm

Are Benitez's footballing principles really what we need ? as ive been reading certain quotes he's made in the past and i cant help having reservations ,basically the gist is this' Benitez has stated more than once in the Spanish media that his philosophy is the least number of passes that lead to a goal are in his view the most pleasing ,and he has often been lambasted by the press for his less adventurous style of football. It is also true Valencia's current brand of football would be more suited to Serie A ,but i will reserve judgement until ive witnessed them when the season gets under way,there is no doubt Benitez's teams play to win and defensively they are rigid but have never been popular with the press and sports analysts ,anyone else share my views ?
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby fivecups » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:07 pm

Broken

Record
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:45 pm

cheesecakery wrote:Are Benitez's footballing principles really what we need ? as ive been reading certain quotes he's made in the past and i cant help having reservations ,basically the gist is this' Benitez has stated more than once in the Spanish media that his philosophy is the least number of passes that lead to a goal are in his view the most pleasing ,and he has often been lambasted by the press for his less adventurous style of football. It is also true Valencia's current brand of football would be more suited to Serie A ,but i will reserve judgement until ive witnessed them when the season gets under way,there is no doubt Benitez's teams play to win and defensively they are rigid but have never been popular with the press and sports analysts ,anyone else share my views ?

Not you again!!!!! Is there something wrong with your brain? :laugh:
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:53 pm

OKAY MOURIHNO MIGHT HAVE WON THE CHAMPS LEAGE BUT RAFA WAS UP AGAINST BARCA AND REAL AND STILL MANAGE TO WIN THE SPANISH TITLE- TO ME, THAT WAS MUCH MORE IMPRESSIVE...
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:25 pm

Cant help but feel that Mourinho is being over hyped. If he hadnt have won the champions league would he be Chelsea's new manager?? I hate to say it but Man Ure should have gone through against them had it not been for a bad offside decision and a terrible goalkeeping error! I know he is a better manager than Topmoller but do you remember the hype over him and he was one game away from winning the champions league and where is he now?
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:27 pm

Good post

Excellent point
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:30 am

Same could be said for Benitez.As Leonmc0708 said,Real had their worst season in history,would he have won La Liga if he had any serious competition?
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:35 am

He won it TWICE in last 3 seasons hasn't he ?? Benitiz that is ? :) Plus his Valencia team taught us a football lesson on 3 occasions in the last 2 seasons ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:46 am

That wasnt Benitez team though,Hector Cuper assembled that team.Nobody knows how a Benitez assembled team would perform at the top level.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:02 am

Greenred , your making me nervous !!!! :D  STOP panicing , He is a fine manager and will be  a successful manager at lFC :p
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:11 am

Ok Dalglish,everything will be just fine.....just go to bed now and dream sweet dreams :D  Im off to bed anyway,night mate.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:12 am

Mourinho controversy follows the man but if he can back up them boasts he made at the press conference then Chelsea have landed a top man ,but personally i think a man who regulary quotes Paisley and the attributes of Shanks has made the wrong descision in joining Chelsea he would have been awarded more time at Liverpool to hone a team of champions,but time will tell :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:12 am

Whats Football if you can't DREAM !!!!!!!!! :p  Night Mate :)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion