Benitez resigns...... - (misleading topic title)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 82-1074641017 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:25 pm

That would have been my first bit of good news all day :(

Legend Roberts
82-1074641017

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:34 pm

Who would you want to be the manager? Martin O 'Neil? He's a bloody joke. In the SPL the only competion he has is Rangers. He would get crushed and spit on in this league.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 82-1074641017 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:35 pm

A.B. wrote:Who would you want to be the manager? Martin O 'Neil? He's a bloody joke. In the SPL the only competion he has is Rangers. He would get crushed and spit on in this league.

He didnt last time he was at Leicester, he took a average team into the top half of the table every season and won the Mickey Mouse Cup twice, where are they now without him?

Legend Roberts
82-1074641017

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:39 pm

So you want us to win the Mickey Cup twice with Martin O Neil?

Currently at this point of time O'Neil wouldn't last in the Premiership.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 82-1074641017 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:40 pm

A.B. wrote:So you want us to win the Mickey Cup twice with Martin O Neil?

Currently at this point of time O'Neil wouldn't last in the Premiership.

I just think that if he was at a bigger club in the Premiership he would do a excellent job, Manchester United were touting him at one time when Fergie was meant to be going

Legend Roberts
82-1074641017

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:44 pm

Not good enough, couldn't even get Celtic to the last 16 in the Champions League. SPL is a joke, it's laughable as theres only two teams that compete every year, Celtic and the Rangers.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Redrider » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:53 pm

A.B. wrote:RedRider you must be bored.

If Benitez wanted to leave he would had left the first time we had half of our squad injured. In fact he knew what was waiting for him when he got here.

Try finding some common sense. Never seen somebody overreact so quickly without thinking it througly.

No just concerned !!
I am not sure that I would advocate the resignation of Benitez, but I am worried by the fragility of our position both on and off the pitch. Sacking Benitez, is not an option, but if the going gets tougher, then he might feel like bailing out, particularly if he can not get the Financial support to re-validate the team. Worse still if the sale of SG is the catylist to obtaining finance, I fear a lot of unrest accross the board.
As I said this is not a time for faint hearts, I hope Rafa has a strong one !
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby liamac » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:15 pm

Redryder you really need to get a life !!!! :D  :D  :D  :D
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby L-type » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:43 pm

Redrider wrote:The loss of L4 finance is a big blow !!

When/how did we lose the option of an L4 takeover?
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:43 pm

liamac wrote:Redryder you really need to get a life !!!! :D  :D  :D  :D

Brilliant, it could have been me except for the beard !!
I have never had an Avatar, I might take this one up if I can find a way of shrinking it down.
Has Roberts got this one in his Photo Library ?

But just noticed, what's that enema gun hanging on the wall ?
It's actually a photo of Granny in the Mod's control seat, the gun is the one Granny uses for colonic irragation of Turdinator!!  :D   :D
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:47 pm

Redrider wrote:
liamac wrote:Redryder you really need to get a life !!!!

Brilliant, it could have been me except for the beard !!
I have never had an Avatar, I might take this one up if I can find a way of shrinking it down.
Has Roberts got this one in his Photo Library ?

But just noticed, what's that enema gun hanging on the wall ?
It's actually a photo of Granny in the Mod's control seat, the gun is the one Granny uses for colonic irragation of Turdinator!! 

You finished your book yet?  Hows it comin along and whos in it :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:49 pm

Redrider wrote:
A.B. wrote:RedRider you must be bored.

If Benitez wanted to leave he would had left the first time we had half of our squad injured. In fact he knew what was waiting for him when he got here.

Try finding some common sense. Never seen somebody overreact so quickly without thinking it througly.

No just concerned !!
I am not sure that I would advocate the resignation of Benitez, but I am worried by the fragility of our position both on and off the pitch. Sacking Benitez, is not an option, but if the going gets tougher, then he might feel like bailing out, particularly if he can not get the Financial support to re-validate the team. Worse still if the sale of SG is the catylist to obtaining finance, I fear a lot of unrest accross the board.
As I said this is not a time for faint hearts, I hope Rafa has a strong one !

What you lack is common sense and the ability to "see".

Take a look through what our squad has went through this season. Injury after injury, inconsistancy,etc..... any other manager would had packed his stuff and go but not Rafa.

Also Rafa, his wife and kids are all in Liverpool, Rafa has even said that he was going to stay at the club as long as possible. Now you don't stay up to 5 am in the morning thinking how you're going to beat Arsenal the next day if you plan about quiting.

Rafa knew that his task wasn't going to be easy and he wouldn't walk out on the club like you think he will.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Redrider » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:50 pm

L-type wrote:
Redrider wrote:The loss of L4 finance is a big blow !!

When/how did we lose the option of an L4 takeover?

Sunday Telegraph article, now in the Echo:

US bid for stake in Liverpool abandoned Jan 24 2005

By Kirsti Adair, Daily Post

THE L4 consortium, headed by the US-based billionaire Kraft family, has abandoned its attempt to buy a stake in Liverpool Football Club.

Interest was withdrawn after the group claimed chairman David Moores was asking too high a price for a minority stake in the club.

An executive close to the family said: "David Moores wanted a price that, for a minority stake in the club, was unrealistic."

They believe Moores was looking for more than £50m from L4, a deal which would have valued Liverpool at close to £200m.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liv....ge.html
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby 116-1105728556 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:06 pm

liamac

Thats me ......on a good day!
116-1105728556

Postby Redrider » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:29 pm

A.B. wrote:Rafa knew that his task wasn't going to be easy and he wouldn't walk out on the club like you think he will.

I don't think he will and I hope he dosn't.
But I do have a concern that things could get pretty rough, if results go the wrong way over the rest of the season. The almost inevitable sale of SG will cause unrest, there will be a lot of back biting and blame shouting. Rafa and the Spanish squad will be a prime target for abuse.
The honeymoon is now over and the real work begining, I just hope Rafa can stand the pace if the press get on his back. Having said that he comes accross on the TV etc as fairly non-controversial.
Anyway the real point is I don't like the way things are shaping up for us, but as I also said it could turn on a sixpence, we could be 4th, in the semi's of the Cl and at Cardiff with dozen good results, let's see !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion