Benitez receives welcome boost

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:45 pm

Rafa Benitez has received the complete backing of the Liverpool board with chief executive Rick Parry saying he has every faith in the Spaniard and that he is the man to bring the title back to Anfield.

Parry says that Benitez has taken on a tough job in trying to bring the glory days back to Anfield and does not have the massive resources that Chelsea have at their disposal, but  he still thinks he can win The Premiership without spending huge sums of money.

Parry told the club website: "We have to be realistic. We don't have the resources of Chelsea, but we have a top class coach in Rafa. He's the best at getting the best out of the resources at his disposal,

"We never saw him as a gamble. It was about appointing a good manager and the prime target was winning the championship. I suppose you always take a gamble with someone who's not won one.

"But the prime criteria was having a proven track record and they don't come any tougher than winning La Liga. For someone to do that twice against the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona is very impressive.

"There was no shortage of people interested. But we wanted someone young and ambitious, not someone looking for a pension plan.

"Rafa ticked every box but how lucky were we that he was available and looking for a new challenge."

Here is the complete interview with Rick Parry
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:38 pm

I have no doubt that Rafa will bring back the good times at Anfield, the guy has pedigree and goes about his business like some of the great managers of the past, yeah at first I backed Houllier but never had the feeling that he will make the club great again like I do with rafa :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:02 pm

While some say that Morientes is the best Liverpool-signing in years, I consider signing Rafa as manager has been just as good :)  After all, I really doubt that both Morientes and Alonso would have Anfield as their homeground if it wasn`t for Rafa  :)  He`s the man who`s gonna bring silverware to Anfield again  :love:
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:24 pm

:D lol is it the dreaded vote of confidence :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:44 pm

good thing we dont have deadly Doug as Chairman !! :p :O :D