Benitez in for a shock....... - When he arrives at melwood

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby robbohuyton » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:17 am

ICE-MAN wrote:GONE: heskey houllier

GOING: traore (wba),  cheyrou (marseilles),  diao (st etienne)

i was afraid that these players would not be linked with anyone cos they are pure shyte, but im delighted the clubs mentioned have all been strongly linked with them, get rid of them now! :cool:

PLAYERS WHO WILL SHINE:
kirkland (no injury worries long run in team),
finnan (same as kirky)
kewell (wil get over his ankle problems and rafa will release the shackles on him)
partridge (could be a darkhorse, rafa likes speedy wingers according to gulliem balague, and richies is faster than owen and had great season with coventry two years agoo until his injury, definitely worth a look if he stays injury free)
owen and cisse (they will get plenty more service as rafa loves attacking football, valencia scored 70 goals last year, this will be ideal for these lads and baros as well!)

all in all im delighted at the appointment of rafa and he has the good qualities of houller (attitude commitment and loves technology) plus he has more attacking qualities and can raise our game to a whole new level! :cool:

Partridge will have a job shining at LFC, he's been released...
robbohuyton

Postby Dalglish » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:50 am

I thought they gave him another season Robbo ?

Suffice to say there wil be a big clear out and only Gerrard, Hyppia, Owen, Kirky and Finnon are safe. i'm not suggesting for aminute he gets rid of theise not mentioned but he wil want to stamp his mark on HIS team so expect big changes come August window .........
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:35 am

I'd be surprised if there were no significant changes, if at all not really big changes, as a new man will have his own philosophy and working methods which will not be to the liking/suitabilitu of some of the players and these players will either leave or fall by the wayside.

I hope some of them can leave for some returns to LFC, no matter how small as it is not a desireable thing to have a reserve player on hing wages who csn't move to another club because they can't afford him and he is happily sitting in the reserves to see out his contract. A Chelski player called Winston Bograde who is reportedly on some 40,000 pounds per week springs to mind. Looking at the Liverpool squad, there are far too many of these players who I'd expect not to fit into Benitez's plans.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:02 am

I've posted Murphy's stats in two latest EPL sessions in previous threads-which his goal per game are respectively 0.8 and 2.0, that's over gerrard's rate and definitely not bad for a midfielder.
Murphy is a good player but has a relatively low wage, meaning he's kinda player every manager looking for.

But of course, The Hustler, as himself once said, is a better player than Murphy.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:31 am

robbohuyton wrote:Partridge will have a job shining at LFC, he's been released...

They've just given him a new one year contract Robbo
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:49 pm

Partridge is a fantastic little player.Hopefully Benitez wont be blind to his talent the way Houllier was.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion