Benitez has to play cisse and baros! - With owen on the bench for a change!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby begintoend » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:22 am

I am afraid that his value has already depreciated.

Worst, he is still demanding a better package. Ain't he getting loads already? :angry:
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Voices from Yates » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:04 am

If we needed the cash, Baros would have probably generated the most, but  only after Euro 2004. We will have to see if he'll still be worth that by Xmas..

I wonder if we really are short of the $$. A couple of days ago, we were going to challenge for the title this season.
Today we are told ,we will have success within  three .That's almost Houllier-like. Also the buying of players now seems possible, not probable.
Has somebody told RB that Cisse is all he's going to get??
I hope it's his choice, and not the pressure of no $$$.
Go Red or go home
Voices from Yates

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:14 am

Voices from Yates wrote:A couple of days ago, we were going to challenge for the title this season.
Today we are told ,we will have success within  three .That's almost Houllier-like.

yes, challenging for the tilte is different to success. To challenge for the title thois season would be great considereing how far off we wer this year.

Every manager has to have a plan on where they want to be, in a certain amount of time, so to say that's houllier like is naive. I bet every manger in the world has a plan of what they want to achiev and in waht timeframe, like a Business does with a Business plan.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desperado0831 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:29 am

Owen should dump into bench and it's time to wake baros up following by his scoring form in euro04.Cisse will always be the 1st choice for me and owen also should get his opportunity before his find his boot back.
Baros is a more talent and work hard player compare with owen but everyone wasn't the perfect player although u can found all the best thing of football from owen.

Owen is still the best but u will say i m crazy.
YES I AM CRAZY FOR YOU. OWEN
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:52 am

Unusual accent Desperado , where are you from ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby garry hadley » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:32 am

I am a fan of Owen but he's not god, and i do agree its not doing him any good been guarenteed a game no matter what his forms like. If he's playing ****** he should have to work to get into the team like everyone else. Hopefully a change in manager will bring him back to his best but if Baros cisse or Pongolle are on better form they should be in. But its alright having these good strikers if they get good service there not going to be deadly at all. In my opinion theres still to many dodgie Houllier sisnings in and around the team. So im sorry benitez pal are you taking the ****** saying we can win the title within three years with some of these donkeys? Some of them would'nt get in my Sunday team!
garry hadley

Postby akumaface » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:30 am

I think its still early to say who to start but I guess starting Owen and Cisse would be safer. Don't get me wrong, I like Baros too but Owen would be devastated if he is not the starting forward when the season starts. I think when the season is getting underway, the issue would become a lessor concern as long as we win. Anyway, I just want to say we are lucky to have this problem.:D
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Redtribe » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:16 pm

garry hadley wrote:I am a fan of Owen but he's not god, and i do agree its not doing him any good been guarenteed a game no matter what his forms like. If he's playing ****** he should have to work to get into the team like everyone else. Hopefully a change in manager will bring him back to his best but if Baros cisse or Pongolle are on better form they should be in. But its alright having these good strikers if they get good service there not going to be deadly at all. In my opinion theres still to many dodgie Houllier sisnings in and around the team. So im sorry benitez pal are you taking the ****** saying we can win the title within three years with some of these donkeys? Some of them would'nt get in my Sunday team!

Maybe thats why he is a great coach and manager and your not!!!!!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:22 pm

No player is bigger than the club, but benching your star striker whilst negotiating an extension to his contract is certainly one way to see him leave. :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby whylongball? » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:48 pm

Owen being "best player" doesnt mean he can start 1st! He has to lead by example, got to fight hard to win his place and if he's really the best then he will win it. Competition is essential. And having a rest will do him good.
whylongball?

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:51 pm

Hey, you never know, he might get injured pre-season.

problem solved.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Voices from Yates » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:08 pm

LFC you missed it altogether.
The point was the lowering of expectations, not a business plan . ...anyway I don't want a business plan or any three piece suits. This is not Everton.So let’s have no more naiveté
Go Red or go home
Voices from Yates

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:29 pm

Lee J wrote:Hey, you never know, he might get injured pre-season.

problem solved.

And if Cisse gets injured the following week ????
What a dikhed  :angry:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Santa » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:16 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Lee J wrote:Hey, you never know, he might get injured pre-season.

problem solved.

And if Cisse gets injured the following week ????
What a dikhed  :angry:

All doom and gloom...hell you fans (or should I call spectators...sorry can't resist the dig  :devil:  ) All these before the first match started ?

You never know what privilege it is to have 3 (looks like it will be 4~5 soon with FSP & ALT playing well) top strikers at the club. Let's not wish for bad things, never know it might just be granted.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:21 pm

Coming from someone who gets their pan of scouse mailed out to Malaysia you of all people using "spectator" even as a friendly jibe is a bit rich. :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion