Benitez' attitude - Man-management

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:13 am

i gaurentee riise just something along the lines of 'i disagree with reina, i think we can still win it' and the wonderful press in all their wisdom changes this to 'riise calls darra an reina cowards and quiters'.

more people should start suing the press for their false comments, its not as though the players cant afford it
112-1077774096

Postby red37 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:17 am

peewee wrote:i gaurentee riise just something along the lines of 'i disagree with reina, i think we can still win it' and the wonderful press in all their wisdom changes this to 'riise calls darra an reina cowards and quiters'.

your probably right Peewee. though the last thing we need is another 'Noel White' on the pitch.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby babu » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:59 am

peewee wrote:more people should start suing the press for their false comments, its not as though the players cant afford it

wouldn't make a lick of difference. Its not like its major defamation or anything, even if the players sued, it would take years before the paper admitted it was wrong and settled, by then most people have forgotten about it.

Can't see anything that can be done about it. Maybe they should follow holland's example (i think its holland), where the courts clear cases such as this inside of 21 days.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:10 am

peewee wrote:i gaurentee riise just something along the lines of 'i disagree with reina, i think we can still win it' and the wonderful press in all their wisdom changes this to 'riise calls darra an reina cowards and quiters'.

more people should start suing the press for their false comments, its not as though the players cant afford it

I agree mate, if you read the article all Riise is quoted as saying is "We never give up. Cowards give up."
he makes no reference to Carra or Reina.

The media smell a good headline ....Riise Blasts Liverpool 'Cowards' and then write a story to fit!
account deleted by request

Postby azriahmad » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:14 am

Typical media b@ll@cks to hype up the news and protray Liverpool as a team at loggerheads.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:15 am

the press are a fucking disgrace mate, a simple way to deal with it i to make no comments to them at all until they get their house in order then there can be no misquotes.

they will soon learn if they are denied access to the players, but knowing the gutter press they will find a way to sensationalise everything.

luckily the playes know what the press are like so probably take it with a pinch of salt, but your dumb s*n reader laps it all up and thinks its the twufe cor blimey guvnor
Last edited by 112-1077774096 on Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

Postby Dalglish » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:21 am

Misquotes and mis reporting aside I happen to think the Times article is excellent
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:43 am

Dalglish wrote:Misquotes and mis reporting aside I happen to think the Times article is excellent

To me it sounds like Mark Antony's speech in Julius Caesar " I come to bury Caesar not to praise him" only in reverse. 

Every paragraph starts off saying something positive then finishes by sticking the knife in.
Benítez had built an excellent CV at Valencia and taking the European Cup and FA Cup to Anfield is a decent yield, considering, as the Spaniard is not shy of pointing out in private, that his transfer budget is more Tottenham Hotspur than Chelsea.

I.E Rafa moans about lack of money.

We strongly suspect that one of Europe’s more astute managers is in our midst, which makes it all the more baffling when we see some of his team selections. Stranger still when we learn that he has the respect of his players but little else. Certainly nothing that could be mistaken for warmth.

The players respect him but dont like him.

Benítez is unstinting in his praise, but there is a thin line between driving your players to prove themselves and making them resentful. Particularly when some are perplexed by a rotation policy and his habit of preparing one team and making eleventh-hour changes

He praises theplayers but they resent him and are confused.

Perhaps, coming from a background as a failed footballer, Benítez worries that he would surrender authority if he was to go soft on his players, or perhaps he is simply aloof as a person. The Spaniard is not about to open up to tell us, so the Anfield mystery deepens. Given that he has never spent more than three years in any job, we will probably be none the wiser on the day he departs.

He failed as a footballer, is worried about his authority and cant keep a job for more than 3 years.  :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Effes » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:48 am

S@int - do you ever sleep?

You seem to post around the clock - ya duracell bunny!
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:51 am

Effes wrote:S@int - do you ever sleep?

You seem to post around the clock - ya duracell bunny!

I sleep but only for short spells due to health probs. So I read watch TV and come on here at irregular times.

Postby red37 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:57 am

Saint- i disagree with a couple of the 'slants' you have added to those quotes above such as: (my words here) how can the players chop and change from Respecting him one minute to the next finding themselves bewildered and embittered by his policies and supposed lack of empathy?  its contradictory m8..

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:07 am

red37 wrote:Saint- i disagree with a couple of the 'slants' you have added to those quotes above such as: (my words here) how can the players chop and change from Respecting him one minute to the next finding themselves bewildered and embittered by his policies and supposed lack of empathy?  its contradictory m8..

these are the quotes :-
he has the respect of his players but little else.

Thats the respect
Particularly when some are perplexed by a rotation policy and his habit of preparing one team and making eleventh-hour changes

thats the bewildered

Its not me being contradictory mate  :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby red37 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:15 am

s@int wrote:
red37 wrote:Saint- i disagree with a couple of the 'slants' you have added to those quotes above such as: (my words here) how can the players chop and change from Respecting him one minute to the next finding themselves bewildered and embittered by his policies and supposed lack of empathy?  its contradictory m8..

these are the quotes :-
he has the respect of his players but little else.

Thats the respect
Particularly when some are perplexed by a rotation policy and his habit of preparing one team and making eleventh-hour changes

thats the bewildered

Its not me being contradictory mate  :D

i know m8 i realise the point you were trying to get over now. the bit that did my head in is where i thought previously you'd said the Times article was reasonable similar to Dalglish- ive then raised my eyebrows when you then went on to dissect it. although clearly through the use of sarcasm. i apologise.  :rasp

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:20 am

Benítez carries too much authority, and has too many medals, for rebellion to break out in the Liverpool dressing-room, but the grumbles have been growing louder. Friends of the Spaniard say that it has never been his way to indulge his players. Those methods have brought him success, but there has been evidence that he needs to reconsider the cold-freezer approach to man-management.

Then there is this "gem" He has too much power for the players to do much but they dont like the way he is. He wins trophies with his methods but he should change so his players can be happier.

Postby red37 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:29 am

s@int wrote:
Benítez carries too much authority, and has too many medals, for rebellion to break out in the Liverpool dressing-room, but the grumbles have been growing louder. Friends of the Spaniard say that it has never been his way to indulge his players. Those methods have brought him success, but there has been evidence that he needs to reconsider the cold-freezer approach to man-management.

Then there is this "gem" He has too much power for the players to do much but they dont like the way he is. He wins trophies with his methods but he should change so his players can be happier.

its similar to the point Babu raised with me in reference to the quote of mine in the original post. and i can only suggest the author of that article was perhaps trying to allude to the same thing i had difficulty in pointing out. not so much about 'authority' but maybe better phrased as 'experience'.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion