Benitez agrees terms for figo - From the liverpool echo

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dosserboy » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:56 pm

Yeah, saw that about Owen earlier, never say never after this week!!
dosserboy

Postby Garymac » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:52 pm

neilE wrote:
Garymac wrote:
neilE wrote:Figo might or might not still be good enough to do a job for us - worth a punt on a free transfer even if his wages are high - but I bitterly resent paying ANY fee to Real. People on here have complained about them dicking us before, but this one takes the biscuit after they've already said he can leave on a free. Call their bluff I say - no-one else has put any offers in have they?

Idont get this about figo, ok hes getting on, but surely we cant be questioning his ability, the only thing in question here is his heart, whether he has come here to play football or just get a retirement package. Figo can pass, shoot, cross, beat players, hes been everywere u can think of football wise and would be a great player to have for the kids to look up to....Hes on a free so i dont think its a gamble and at Liverpool im sure there are a few players who wont accept it if Figo is just here for the ride.

you misunderstand me mate - I was saying he IS worth having. My point is only about paying Real 2 mil for a player they said could leave on a free

no probs mate soz about that....read he 1st line of yours and got carried away, but it wasnt aimed at you really just in general....Anyway just seen on Sky that Figo is going to see perez to sack the transfer fee off (a good sign?? i think so) but on Itv it says we have had a 2 million bid accepted but his wages are a stumbling block, 2 questions...1) What the :censored: is going on. and 2) Do we do anything with ease, every signing seems to take weeks to complete!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby kopite_1232002 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:51 am

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,27-1685951,00.html
kopite_1232002

Postby DrLiverpool » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:27 am

his from Fernando Morientes > 19 's link

"The last potential stumbling block appears to be the winger's wages, but morning reports indicated that Figo was ready to accept a massive pay-cut to fulfill his dream of playing in the Premiership."

sounds good :)
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:18 am

Certainly does sound good and even if he doesnt adapt to Premier league, he certainly be handy player for the defence of European Cup
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rafa Revolution » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:33 am

yeah at least our right wing is sorted out. we finally have some width.
Bill Shankly after beating Everton in the '71 cup semi : "Sickness would not have kept me away from this one. If I'd been dead, I would have had them bring the casket to the ground, prop it up in the stands and cut a hole in the lid."
Red Rafa Revolution

Postby ALONSO_14 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:49 am

cant wait to see figo play for us, excited to see what he can do
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:34 am

we need to offload Nunez as well as Luis Figo will certainly get the nod ahead of him.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO_14 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:37 am

yeah nunez is surplus to requirements, didnt impress last season in fact he didnt do anything last season, hes not good enough for us but i suppose he can be back-up
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:41 am

According to Marca, Celta Vigo is interested in Nunez.
Last edited by Fernando Morientes > 19 < on Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blur » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:50 am

This chap has been pure class throughout his career. Might be a bit jaded last season, but still undisputedly world class. He'll certainly add some depth to our game, something that has been sorely missed over the last few seasons and with the kind of magic that he's capable of... who knows what could happen.

If he does come and if all this hype surrounding him doesn't materialise, at least we still have a penalty taker with a proven track record - again, something that has been sorely missed over the last few seasons!!!
blur

Postby tel » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:08 am

We need someone to play on the right and who better than the best right winger thats played the game in the past 10 years!

Morientes will head in 20 goals a season with Figo in the team.

Bring on the season kick off!!!
tel

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:11 am

good shout 'tel'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MCYan » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:52 am

Real madrid should let Figo go for free to make up for the owen deal in which they ripped us off so bad.. with that stupid NUNEZ! :O
MCYan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:53 am

john craig wrote:Figo, even at 2mil, at 32, past his best and on high wages, I'd still take him.

Even if we get one good season out of him he's worth that IMO.

John I'm not sure if you've really thought about that statement.

I don't know what wage Figo will be on but if it is anywhere near the £100 grand a week figure ,that plus £2 million to madrid  = £7 million for a player who will be with us for maybe one season only and will play how many games ?

If he should stay for a second season we're looking at another £5 million in wages . £12 million invested into a player well past his best ? who then heads to the retirement home at the end of his final big pay day . Doesn't sound like good business to me.

:no
Last edited by woof woof ! on Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion