Benitez agrees terms for figo - From the liverpool echo

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Feeney » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:12 am

Just found this....

Written by Jim Boardman     
Thursday, 21 July 2005 
Liverpool's attempts to bring Portugese star Luis Figo to Anfield look likely to reach a successful conclusion in the next few days.

Liverpool had already agreed terms with the player last month, when Real Madrid changed their minds on what they required by way of a transfer fee. Liverpool had negotiated with Figo based on a free-transfer, Real Madrid demanded £2million.  Liverpool refused to budge, so Real brought Inter Milan into the equation.

Figo's lack of enthusiasm to move to Inter meant that Real had to give in and drop their demands for a transfer fee, but there is still one obstacle. Figo would be due to get around £4.5million in wages if he were to stay with Madrid, and he wants a pay-off that bridges the gap between that payment and the wages he'll get from the Reds. The difference is believed to be around £2million, which is why Real were asking for that amount as a transfer fee.

Real are expected to accept the situation by the end of the week, and an agreement should be made in time for the former World Football of the Year to join the European Champions well before the start of the Premiership season.

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:20 am

passmeistro_#14 wrote:
Paul C wrote:She's a model and my mate recons that their nekid pics of her on the net, her name is Helen Swedin, but he is a Man U fan even if he does go the games  :p

there you go mate.....
just scroll down and enjoy!
:love:

http://images.google.co.uk/images?....+Images

OOOOHHHHHH!!!!

I don't think I would jump over her to get to any of you lot!!!  :hearts  :D  :love: 

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:41 am

Wheres the nude pics, I feel robbed :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:10 pm

Feeney wrote:Just found this....

Written by Jim Boardman     
Thursday, 21 July 2005 
Liverpool's attempts to bring Portugese star Luis Figo to Anfield look likely to reach a successful conclusion in the next few days.

Liverpool had already agreed terms with the player last month, when Real Madrid changed their minds on what they required by way of a transfer fee. Liverpool had negotiated with Figo based on a free-transfer, Real Madrid demanded £2million.  Liverpool refused to budge, so Real brought Inter Milan into the equation.

Figo's lack of enthusiasm to move to Inter meant that Real had to give in and drop their demands for a transfer fee, but there is still one obstacle. Figo would be due to get around £4.5million in wages if he were to stay with Madrid, and he wants a pay-off that bridges the gap between that payment and the wages he'll get from the Reds. The difference is believed to be around £2million, which is why Real were asking for that amount as a transfer fee.

Real are expected to accept the situation by the end of the week, and an agreement should be made in time for the former World Football of the Year to join the European Champions well before the start of the Premiership season.

Old news pal.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:39 pm

Personally, I prefer the pole dancer on Paul C's posts to Figo's wife.....move those hips baby !!!!!
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:36 pm

from the bbc website.....

Liverpool and Inter Milan target Luis Figo has admitted he is certain to stay at Real Madrid.
Figo seemed set to leave the Spanish club before Real reportedly started demanding a fee for the 32-year-old winger who has a year left on his deal.

"It's difficult for a player," said Figo after his penalty gave Real a 3-2 win over China's Beijing Guo'an.

"I know I'm not first or second choice. But I want to see out my contract. I will do all I can for my club."

Former world footballer of the year and Portugal international Figo came on for Michael Owen against Beijing Guo'an.

Owen had started the game on the right wing and his future at the Bernabeu is also in question.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:41 pm

thats jessica alba. i think!
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:00 pm

cardiff-red wrote:from the bbc website.....

Liverpool and Inter Milan target Luis Figo has admitted he is certain to stay at Real Madrid.
Figo seemed set to leave the Spanish club before Real reportedly started demanding a fee for the 32-year-old winger who has a year left on his deal.

"It's difficult for a player," said Figo after his penalty gave Real a 3-2 win over China's Beijing Guo'an.

"I know I'm not first or second choice. But I want to see out my contract. I will do all I can for my club."

Former world footballer of the year and Portugal international Figo came on for Michael Owen against Beijing Guo'an.

Owen had started the game on the right wing and his future at the Bernabeu is also in question.

What a c0ck, why did he agree terms with us if he is now staying (don't say it's like SG cos it's a different situation), like he said he's not first or second choice so why wait another year to see out the contract and then be too old for anyone to be interested, it sounds like a good financial settlement could be made and thats why he's staying now  :angry:

Thanks for wasting our time Luis  :(

P.S yeah it's Jessica Alba out of Sin City.
Last edited by Paul C on Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:06 pm

If he goes to Inter I am convinced it's his wife's doing, clearly she'd want to live in the fashion capital of the world.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:14 pm

He just scored the winner for RM in china, stayed on the pitch till the end scoring from the spot in a 3-2 win. Looked to be as fit as a fiddle and a class act.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:17 pm

Let him go to Inter,with his image,ego and super model wife!I reckon he'd have been bad for the squad and wanted to be the main man anyway plus he's 32.We need signings for the future!Most likely would'nt have settled into the team in 1 season anyway
66-1120597113

Postby A.B. » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:33 pm

He's not going to Inter, he's staying at Real Madrid.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby sgs » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:20 pm

Never know with these things...could still happen...
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:09 pm

We dont need merceneries like figo, let him stay at madrid, what this shows us is he has no desire to show the world that he is still hungry, and would rather sit out the remainder of his contract getting "splinters in his :censored:" at madrid. WEneed players that are prepaired to show commitment, and drive, not "easy riders" like figo... :nod
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:14 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:We dont need merceneries like figo, let him stay at madrid, what this shows us is he has no desire to show the world that he is still hungry, and would rather sit out the remainder of his contract getting "splinters in his :censored:" at madrid. WEneed players that are prepaired to show commitment, and drive, not "easy riders" like figo... :nod

Bob on there mate, though I would have liked to see him in the red shirt, I still think their is more to his disission though
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion