Benayoun joins chelsea

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:06 pm

Footballers are whingers by nature.

Thats giving them too much credit. They're a bunch of pansies, lol!
Rafa is a tough manager.  Even after the CL in 2005, he told some players their Liverpool careers were over on the way home.

Some players like this approach.  They like the challenge of being constantly tested.

other players like to wallow in self pity cos they might miss the WC.

The day we signed Yossi, Rafa said he was an intelligent player that can change a game by coming on from the bench.  Surely he knew at that point that he was never going to play every week.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:07 pm

To be fair Reg I don't think Benayoun is "whinging about rotation", I think he is talking about the man management techniques of the previous manager. When he accuses the manager of telling him "I don't know why the fans were upset you came off" he's not talking rotation, and when he says that the previous manager told him to "get his agent to find him another club" it's not about rotation either.

I think Benayoun is for reasons best known to himself, trying to shed light on quite why the previous manager had "lost" the dressing room (if indeed he had, I guess it is debateable). Man management techniques such as the ones alleged here, or the ones used on Peter Crouch, or Robbie Keane, or Xabo Alonso are hardly likely to be successful, and if the allegations are true they would go some way towards explaining the singular lack of team spirit and togetherness we showed for much of last season.

Rotation though? I've no doubt that the players like the rest of us, thought 75 changes to the team in 15 matches was overdoing it a tad, but on this occasion it's nothing to do with it IMHO.
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:17 pm

Reg wrote:Footballers are whingers by nature. 

:idea , It's clear now communication was where we went wrong in recent times.

Time and again based on his intepretation of scouts reports, Rafa thought he was signing a world class winger

:D
Last edited by woof woof ! on Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby bigmick » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:26 pm

That's what went wrong with Babel. He wasn't even a winger, but he was a World Class whinger and before he knew where he was, not only was he hardly ever playing, but when he was it was inexplicably out wide. In his case though, the scouting report ("whinger") proved to be right on the money.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:47 pm

The media have been waiting for a Liverpool players bitterness and obvious contempt for the manager to spill out onto the back page of the Daily' s ... at a time when it has to be said they are being literally starved of any juicy tit bits by  Hodgson's  insistence of staying tight lipped (for which incidentally he needs to be commended ) step forward Benayoun delivering all the ammunition they need to fuel their nasty little headlines .... Thanks Lad we really needed this or should I say Purslow and Co needed this especially at a time when things were getting just a little bit uncomfortable for Mr Liverpool  it provides a nice little distraction ???  once again thanks Benni Lad your timing was succinct I am truly glad you got this of your chest we don't want you being burdened by carrying around these deep wounds to your fragile psyche ??? ..... You will thoroughly merit the reception you receive when you next visit the fans you just kicked in the proverbial teeth ....... I truly  hope you can play for your new team feeling 3st lighter now that you have managed to confess all to the hacks of Fleet St....... but if we are talking honestly I hope your newly unburdened   skinny frame gets kicked 6ft in the air
Also I would like to add I couldn't give a flying fuck about the posters who fail to comprehend mine and other fans feeling on this  subject..... before the replies from the bemused and bewildered start flooding in ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:56 pm

I'm bemused and bewildered so I'll keep it short. I couldn't give a flying feck what Yossi Benayoun thinks either. He wasn't ever good enough to be a regular, he's gone, so feck him.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:11 pm

bigmick wrote:I'm bemused and bewildered so I'll keep it short. I couldn't give a flying feck what Yossi Benayoun thinks either. He wasn't ever good enough to be a regular, he's gone, so feck him.

At last we agree on something - he has fecked off and gone to a rival to get himself more money and to sit on the bench - let him rot there .
Benny The Noon

Postby bigmick » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:15 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:At last we agree on something - he has fecked off and gone to a rival to get himself more money and to sit on the bench - let him rot there .

We did agree but then you spoil it. I don't think he's gone for the money, when you have as much as he does money isn't important. I think he's gone for the reasons indicated (I think he's telling the truth) but I'm simply saying that I don't give a sh!t.

We've got a new manager now, and all problems associated with the old one and old players are irrelevent.
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:16 pm

We will agree to disagree on the last bit . The fact he still left after ex manager left speaks volumes for me .
Benny The Noon

Postby shanks72 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:29 am

I wish Yossi well (tho not the new club he plays for)

IMHO he was a good, consistent player for us with energy and enthusiasm which he used to the full (when he was allowed to play).
I also believe him when he states his reasons for leaving.
I will miss watching him play his heart out for us.

Hodgson will be good for the team, I feel he will inject confidence and a renewed sense of self-belief so lacking under the last management. It's a shame that Yossi will not feel the benefit or be a part of the 'new' LFC and I really feel it is our loss. I think Roy would have brought out the best in him.

All the best Yossi, cause you gave your best to us.
Last edited by shanks72 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion