Bellamy and kewell to lead mass exodus from liverp

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby garcia123 » Thu May 24, 2007 4:08 pm

i would keep kewell and let alonso go for as much as we can get with mascerano being so influential the need for alonso has lessoned work on sissokos passing and he can be cover for masco
garcia123

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Thu May 24, 2007 4:18 pm

I would agree with all except Pennant and Crouch. Sami is of an age where he wants to play and enjoy his football and we cannot expect him to stay and be part of a rotation system!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Thingy » Sat May 26, 2007 12:37 am

Pennant Will stay,Crouch proably, I dunno about Kewell. I hope he does, and stays fit but you just dont know with him.
Thingy

Postby el_stinger » Sat May 26, 2007 1:28 am

He's said that:

Dudek, Fowler, Gonzalez, will defo be leaving

Rafa said that he will be listening to offers for:

Zenden.

The rest are rumours.

And I will add my players I wish to leave:

Kewell and Bellamy.

If we are looking for depth, we need to retain players, at least 2 players per position. Not sensible to let Crouch go, he's had a great season given that most of the time was spent on the bench and playin in bits and pieces.

Kuyt's hard work in linking the midfield must warrant another season. We are missing a target person of WORLD CLASS up front, and Kuyt could easily feed the ball to that striker once we get that position filled.

Pennant is coming into his own, however, we still need someone of WORLD CLASS quality to get some competition to get the best out of the right side.

Hyypia needs to stay, maybe he might have another thought, but I do remember him saying that he wants to finish out his career with us. He might need to be satisfied with a season on the bench, but its his footballing brains we need for Agger. The boy is still learning.

Riise is an interesting and complex decision to make. He has the best game when he is on form and cracking those goals from a distance,and we would definitely miss his contribution to the team if he was to go to another club. However, defensively he is not World Class, and we need to fill that position with world class quality. We need to keep him for squad depth. I would use him sparringly and only when he is on his game. Cos when he has a shocker, he whole squad does.

Finnan, Xabi, Gerrard, Carra, Reina, defo deserve a contract extension. And will probably get granted that very soon.

I'm not gonna get into the players I want in the club, and I'm not gonna fuel the fire and address the rumours of those supposedly coming, but I do want World Class players, no matter the cost. And at last, I have a feeling that Rafa will get what he wants, and wouldn't have to start building a squad a week before the season starts.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sat May 26, 2007 1:30 am

Also, I can't wait for Snoogy Doogy to come LOL
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC_fan » Sat May 26, 2007 2:16 am

Kewell probably will be around now that Gonzo is going to  betis. Throw in the fact that Zenden is also leaving and suddenly, the options down the left are only Risse and Kewell (and to a lesser extent Arbeloa).

Unless Rafa signs a top class left winger this close season, Kewell most definitely will be here for at least till the end of his current contract.
LFC_fan

Postby Javier Mascherano_20 » Sat May 26, 2007 2:27 am

People who i am happy to see go:

Hyypia
Riise
Pennant
Kewell
Zenden
Bellemy
Crouch
Dudek
Gonzales
Last edited by Javier Mascherano_20 on Sat May 26, 2007 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Javier Mascherano_20

Postby el_stinger » Sat May 26, 2007 4:27 am

LFC_fan wrote:Kewell probably will be around now that Gonzo is going to  betis. Throw in the fact that Zenden is also leaving and suddenly, the options down the left are only Risse and Kewell (and to a lesser extent Arbeloa).

Unless Rafa signs a top class left winger this close season, Kewell most definitely will be here for at least till the end of his current contract.

Don't forget we got Aurelio on the flank
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion