Beckam for liverpool ? - Right side of midfield solution

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:06 pm

beckham, rooney and escpecially sol campbell are all overrated imo.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:52 pm

Disagree completely.

Beckham isn't slow and isn't particularly bad at tackling either. He's average at tackling at worst. He's as physical as Harry Kewell, has excellent vision and generally has a superb alround game. As a central midfielder i think he's decent, but as someone said, nothing special.

I also agree that Gerrard is the better player, however...

Beckham is the worlds best crosser, his passing is better than Gerrards and is probably the best in the world, in terms of Stamina and determination he's second to none. His work rate is world class. He takes world class corners and free kicks which is something Liverpool football seriously lack. He is not sloppy in possession as Gerrard still occasionally is and he hardly ever gives the ball away cheaply. Technically in terms of touch and manipulating the ball he's also world class and alot better than Gerrard.

If used correctly (as he was in United's treble season) himself, Gerrard and Scholes have the ability and more importantly, the experience, discipline and attitude between them to win this tournement for England.

However in the diamond shape this won't happen...
115-1073096938

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:01 pm

[quote="stu_the_red"][/quote]
the diamond is a load of cr@p if you ask me. we must play 4-4-2 against france with someone on the left who can be disciplined (hargreaves?). that way beckham can be more disciplined and stick to the right to provide width, rather than drifting infield all the time.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby whylongball? » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:23 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Disagree completely.

Beckham isn't slow and isn't particularly bad at tackling either. He's average at tackling at worst. He's as physical as Harry Kewell, has excellent vision and generally has a superb alround game. As a central midfielder i think he's decent, but as someone said, nothing special.

I also agree that Gerrard is the better player, however...

Beckham is the worlds best crosser, his passing is better than Gerrards and is probably the best in the world, in terms of Stamina and determination he's second to none. His work rate is world class. He takes world class corners and free kicks which is something Liverpool football seriously lack. He is not sloppy in possession as Gerrard still occasionally is and he hardly ever gives the ball away cheaply. Technically in terms of touch and manipulating the ball he's also world class and alot better than Gerrard.

If used correctly (as he was in United's treble season) himself, Gerrard and Scholes have the ability and more importantly, the experience, discipline and attitude between them to win this tournement for England.

However in the diamond shape this won't happen...

got to agree with u...
seems to me that some ppl here who judge Beck seem to be biased cos he was MU player. The guy has his own strength compared to SG. Diff players bring diff qualities man!! He can win games with his freekicks, his crossing is probably best in the world and his workrate is just abt the same as SG. Well, SG is more rounded though......
whylongball?

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:27 pm

Stevie's alround game is stronger. He doesn't have weakness... but his strengths aren't as strong as Beckhams.

As you say very different players... i preffere Stevie though, both would be immense.
115-1073096938

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:29 pm

lauren robert is a better crosser of a ball than david beckham. he's just a lazy b#stard who can't be a#sed most of the time.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby whylongball? » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:31 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Stevie's alround game is stronger. He doesn't have weakness... but his strengths aren't as strong as Beckhams.

As you say very different players... i preffere Stevie though, both would be immense.

think the same,very accurate! Winning temas need players of their quality  :)
whylongball?

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:35 pm

lauren robert is a better crosser of a ball than david beckham. he's just a lazy b#stard who can't be a#sed most of the time.

Prove it.

Look up Beckhams cross completion in Uniteds treble season.

Beckham can deliver alsorts of crosses, power, delicate, hanging, swerving... Robert really only has power and swerving crosses in his locker. :)
115-1073096938

Postby JBG » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:06 pm

Beckham is the best crosser of a ball I have ever seen, although he doesn't seem to get himself into crossing positions as much as he used to.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:57 pm

David Beckham would be seriously found wanting if he had to play in front of the Kop ,there would be no place for him to hide and cower instead of challenging for the ball . Beckham is a liability on the field and is drastically over rated and in my opinion not even fit to lace Stevie's boots ,abeit an excellent crosser of the ball he is constantly found wanting in every other department ,thus seriously lacking the fundamental attributes needed to improve our team, and he manages to reduce every team he plays for into a side show for the media, and Real Madrids fall from grace this season had more to do with their failed attempt to accomodate Beckham in the centre of midfield than their ailing defence ,im honestly bemused how any Liverpool supporter would advocate him donning a red shirt !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:41 pm

plus robert has only got a left foot and his too lazy

comparing a left side player (duff) to beckham (right sided) is silly, beckham is the best right sided player in england, crosses, free kicks, and has a good selection of passes, just think he would cost too much
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:25 am

beckham is a great player, no doubt.

Would he come to anfield? no
Woud he be value for money? no
Do we need a right sighted wing/midfield player? yes, pity he won't be it.
Football is a simple game, all you have to do is pass the ball to a player in a red shirt.
Red
LFC Elite Member

Postby Santa » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:46 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:David Beckham would be seriously found wanting if he had to play in front of the Kop ,there would be no place for him to hide and cower instead of challenging for the ball . Beckham is a liability on the field and is drastically over rated and in my opinion not even fit to lace Stevie's boots ,abeit an excellent crosser of the ball he is constantly found wanting in every other department ,thus seriously lacking the fundamental attributes needed to improve our team, and he manages to reduce every team he plays for into a side show for the media, and Real Madrids fall from grace this season had more to do with their failed attempt to accomodate Beckham in the centre of midfield than their ailing defence ,im honestly bemused how any Liverpool supporter would advocate him donning a red shirt !

Completely agree with your assessment. While he might be a decent footballer at best, he is grossly over-rated by the media. The luggage he carry will make him unsuitable to wear the Liverpool Red. I honestly can't see any other team putting up with his media side show.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:50 am

stmichael wrote:lauren robert is a better crosser of a ball than david beckham. he's just a lazy b#stard who can't be a#sed most of the time.

No. Robert cannot compare with Beckham when they get the chance to put in a good cross.

Yes. He is such a lazy bust@rd he will even make Diouf look hard working. I just can't take his 'couldn't careless' attitute I wonder how the ole barcodes hack it?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:01 am

No Beckham, he's not worth the money at all.
I'll buy cheaply if I need to rather than spend on Beck*.

Joaquim(Betis), Ivan DeLaPena(Espanyol), Mandieta or even Wesley Sneijder(AJAX).
I see these as better than BEcks.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion