Baros - We cannot sell him

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:59 pm

just read on the liverpool website that juventus are preparing to make a bid for baros. it was reported in the gazetta della sport so i don't know how much truth there is to it. ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mistyred » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:39 pm

PAPERS.PFFFT:laugh: :laugh:
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:00 pm

If anyone came looking to sign Baros they'd have to get their cheque book out.

He's a good player having an exceptional tournament which will artificially inflate his transfer fee over the next couple of months.

I remember that Roma were prepared to bid £15m for Klose after the last world cup, and look what has happened to him!  ???
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:46 pm

No matter who plays upfront, Liverpool seriously need to beef up its midfield which will be the vital ingredient we were so lacking last season and the season before that. Not only in the creative department in midfield, but the defensive elemant could be better.

Baros has shown that he is a quality player but I believe that Benitez will look to strengthen this department and keep Baros unless the offer is way too good to turn down. My only worry is that how much more transfer funds does Liverpool have if the new investors were to pull out.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:57 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:With Newcastle and Villa set to grab him, Baros was reported to be disappointed by Benitez who only chose to meet with Liverpool's England but didn't come out to see him as well last week. But he said if he gets back to Liverpool on July 19 he will speak to him -and was hoping what he has done in Euro2004 will impress him.

The Czech manager banned his players from meeting with club managers or agents during the tournament.I would imagine Benitez was just respecting his wishes.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HistoryGirl » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:07 pm

Roux is right Liverpool need another creative midfielder to play alongside Gerrard. What about Rosicky? We;ve been linked with him before and he has looked great at Euro 2004.
P.S. Anyone know who this Miguel Angel is? Benitez is reportedly interested in i wondered cos i know nothing of him.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Justice for the 96

Blog
HistoryGirl
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion