Baros to barca? - Id sell him

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Tzvi » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:23 am

Would you let Baros go to Barca?
I would, baros is premiship experienced striker who cannot score consistantly in the premiership.  Henry can score in the premiship and cant on the international scence whereas Baros obviously can.
The contrast betweeen Henry and Baros is vitle to the reason why we should sell Baros. Baros has had ample opportunities in the premiership, and has not delievered anything. His playing style suits the slow, cautious international football scene. Whereas Henry style that obviously suits the quick physical premiership does not suit the international scence (look at his euro goalscoring). Baros does not suit the premiership and with Cisse obviously going to make a huge impact, would it be the right time to sell Baros, yes. In my opinionBaros would we sold  at higher price than hes worth, because of his euro. We can afford to cash in on him, any buy a right midfilder on central midfilder to bolster the rest of the squad.
Tzvi

Postby Dalglish » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:27 am

I suspect i'm going to come in for some stick here but I agree with the comments above except to say I'd take no less than £15 million for Baros.

I've also been very disappointed in Baros's various comments post Houllier and he's obviously forcing the issue with Benitez after his success at Euro 2004. He is far too vocal in my opinion and only too happy to give ambiguous quotes to teh press about moving on and his dislike for Houllier. ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby barnesrush » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:38 am

i think some of his comments are naive at worst. im sure as a youngster he obviously had barcelona as one of the ultimate teams he would like to play for rather than us and as much as i wish that was a crime, its not.

he should be able to be fairly effective in the prem tho and id like to see him stay although he wont be happy sitting on the bench. i wouldnt like to swap him for a midfielder tho and would like to see a saviola or similar in return.

he scored 12 goals in his first full season without playing all that often so id like to see a lot more of him here
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby Dalglish » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:46 am

barnesrush wrote:i think some of his comments are naive at worst. im sure as a youngster he obviously had barcelona as one of the ultimate teams he would like to play for rather than us and as much as i wish that was a crime, its not.

he should be able to be fairly effective in the prem tho and id like to see him stay although he wont be happy sitting on the bench. i wouldnt like to swap him for a midfielder tho and would like to see a saviola or similar in return.

he scored 12 goals in his first full season without playing all that often so id like to see a lot more of him here

Fair comments Barenesrush but your comments regarding not being happy sitting on the bench must be a concern.

I've watched Liverpool often subsitute or leave Owen on the bench many times but you don't hear him griping to the pres about it  ???

Even Fowler in the treble winning season was visibly gutted to be left on the bench for the FA Cup final and was subbed in the UEFA Cup Final.

Baros had a very good Euro 2004 as did many players who hadn't played much the previous season. However the original comments regarding his game suiting the slower build up and International style is correct in my opinion and whilst he is well capable of adapting the Prem style he seems reluctant to want to be considered as a squad player.

Walk On ...
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby barnesrush » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:06 am

unfortunately bit of a sticky situation really just always ashame to let go of a young talent like that eh. it would be ashame if we lost le tallec, baros and imo cheyrou in one season.

(dont start about bruno!!)
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby adayinthelife » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:18 am

Tzvi wrote:Would you let Baros go to Barca?
I would, baros is premiship experienced striker who cannot score consistantly in the premiership.  Henry can score in the premiship and cant on the international scence whereas Baros obviously can.
The contrast betweeen Henry and Baros is vitle to the reason why we should sell Baros. Baros has had ample opportunities in the premiership, and has not delievered anything. His playing style suits the slow, cautious international football scene. Whereas Henry style that obviously suits the quick physical premiership does not suit the international scence (look at his euro goalscoring). Baros does not suit the premiership and with Cisse obviously going to make a huge impact, would it be the right time to sell Baros, yes. In my opinionBaros would we sold  at higher price than hes worth, because of his euro. We can afford to cash in on him, any buy a right midfilder on central midfilder to bolster the rest of the squad.

When has Baros ever been given a run in our team  ???

He has an amazing record at international level and just because we didn't see the best of him under houlliers slow and predictable style he doesn't suit the prem lge ???

If we did sell him that would leave Pongolle who is far from ready as our only back up for Owen and Cisse which is ridiculous.

Who says we have no money for the 2 or 3 players we badly need ???
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:33 am

Opinions please? Once a Liverpool player says that its a dream to play for another club do you still hold him in high regard??
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:36 am

Some good points there mate and I'd be disappointed to lose him too.

However his constant bleating to the media will not have endeared him to the fans and I actually don't believe it's made his chances any greater even without GH at the helm.

Benitez I'm sure will be aware of Milan's naive comments and if the right offer came along then I maintain he will sell.

It's one thing joining a  club (Barca) and declaring your boyhood allegiance but it's quite another drooling over a club before you have gone there !!!

I don't think Benitez wil have lost any sleep over Baros's comments but he will want to make it crystal clear to the players that grievances and aspirations are to be kept within the team and not aired to the gutter press ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby barnesrush » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:36 am

not as high but you have to respect that were not the best team in eurpoe anymore. less dissapointed in foriegners than local lads tho of course

that was to madred
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby barnesrush » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:38 am

eurpoe???
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby mistyred » Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:26 am

If Baros wants out then sell him,Any player who cannot give 150% due to selfish aspirations should be allowed to leave.

He is obviously playing the managers hand to see if he is a valied aquasition to the club ,BUT i cannot not see his tedious and extremely adalecent comments coming to anything more than a hinderance to his own limited time at LFC.

He is no doubt a talented player but i would rather a player who is happy and non-selfish towards the club playing good football for LFC on aregular basis than a bighead who can only play at international level. ???
Last edited by mistyred on Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:56 am

it would be very tempting if a bid of 15mil + was offered.
Baros is a good player, but Owen and Cisse are better IMO, and I think these two will be starting.

Baros may get sick of sitting on the bench, but if an injury to Owen or Cisse occurs then he will ger plenty of game time.

The problem with selling him, is we would need to buy another striker happy to play a role as a subsitution, as Cisse, Owen and Pongolle isn't enough, we need 4 strikers, in case of injuries.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:04 am

I prefer not to sell him as it is important to have 4 strikers in your team.

Baros has my sympathy in not getting his deserved starting chance for the team. Face it... Not many players in the world will stick to the club for very long. One who did and is an absolute star was Maldini. I am sure Baros gives 100% or more if he gets to play often. His commitment was never a doubt for me. I agree with Baros that he needs consistent starts and else, a new club will suit him better. His comments are fair. Didn't Gerrard and Owen make similar comments over the club's future.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:38 pm

Tzvi wrote:Would you let Baros go to Barca?

Very good post pal. when i read the title i was thinkin ''this lads a bollix'' but you got me thinkin there big time. maybe his international form is just due to the  pace of the game etc. many players play well in international football but not club level. his euro 04 campaign raised baros' price by bout 10 mil so maybe we should cash in.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:44 pm

begintoend wrote:I prefer not to sell him as it is important to have 4 strikers in your team.

Baros has my sympathy in not getting his deserved starting chance for the team. Face it... Not many players in the world will stick to the club for very long. One who did and is an absolute star was Maldini. I am sure Baros gives 100% or more if he gets to play often. His commitment was never a doubt for me. I agree with Baros that he needs consistent starts and else, a new club will suit him better. His comments are fair. Didn't Gerrard and Owen make similar comments over the club's future.

You think he'll get more starts in a line up with Ronaldinho, Larrson and Saviola than he will competing with Owen, Cisse and Pongolle? :P
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion