Baros to barca? - Id sell him

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:09 pm

paulo wrote:tzvi your having a laugh arent you
you dont know to much about football if you want to sell baros
he is a good prospect plus if we sell owen we will be a bit light up front

Have u ever seen baros show the form he did in euro 04? NO! and you may never see it again. i'm not sayin you wont, im just saying that it could be just a flash in the pan and that hes another diouf. THis would be the ideal time to sell baros cos a lotta clubs want him and he hasnt been showin much interest in stayin. Football can be sometimes about horses for course and baros might only be suited to international football. Altho we might have to keep him now given that owen looks to be going.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby paulo » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:15 pm

horses for courses bull hit baros is a good player and even a better prospect give him time and he could become lethal
dont forget hes played second string to owen and heskey

give the geezer a chance
paulo

Postby fivecups » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:16 pm

stapo1000 I agree that Baros has a lot to prove in a Liverpool shirt yet, but it looks like Owen is gone so hes the best we've got. The pressure on him and Cisse to perform has intensified and we've lost our proven anfield goalscorer.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:19 pm

Michael leaving is bad news for us but maybe it could give Milan the chance to step up and become the new goal king of Anfield? He's always wanted a starting place so this is probably sweet music to his ears hearing about Michael's departure.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby paulo » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:21 pm

SPOT ON
paulo

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:23 pm

if owen does go then theres no way id sell baros. there wont be as much pressure on him either as cisse will be no. 1 striker but im not sure. he was disappointing against graz. maybe he doesnt play well with his liverpool team mates ? ??? hopefully he'll show his euro 04 form for us this season.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby keliko » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:24 pm

Baros will step up to the challange of 1st choice striker because he's stated that's what he wanted all along but wasn't given the opportunity by GH, even when he was fit

:alien:
keliko

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:28 pm

we'll see what happens when he gets a regular first team place. hopefully he'll bang in 20-30 goals this season
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adayinthelife » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:05 am

stapo1000 wrote:
paulo wrote:tzvi your having a laugh arent you
you dont know to much about football if you want to sell baros
he is a good prospect plus if we sell owen we will be a bit light up front

Have u ever seen baros show the form he did in euro 04? NO! and you may never see it again. i'm not sayin you wont, im just saying that it could be just a flash in the pan and that hes another diouf. THis would be the ideal time to sell baros cos a lotta clubs want him and he hasnt been showin much interest in stayin. Football can be sometimes about horses for course and baros might only be suited to international football. Altho we might have to keep him now given that owen looks to be going.

He has a great record,21 in 30 at international football which is the highest level and there is no reason he cannot repeat this form for us.

Now under Benitez he should get the chance of a decent run in the team and with proper service will prove any doubters wrong.

As for him not wanting to stay,it would be hard to blame any striker who played under houllier wanting to leave especially if that useless lump heskey was taking your place.

Compared to owen he has shown the commitment of a life long fan.

As far as owen goes alot of blame must lie with houllier who had assured us for so long that he was sure owen was gonna sign.

Now it looks like we will only receive 8m and a young prospect all be it a right mid as like I said before owen signing a new contract with us seemed like a last resort.

With the arrival of a class manager who apparently owen approved of he should have signed straight away yet after some thought must have realised Benitez would not have relied on him as much as before.

He is still only 24 and if he loved this club half as much as I do should have given our club under Benitez at least 2 or 3 seasons.

However owen doesn't seem to know a good manager from a bad 1 as he stuck with houllier for so long and a few days ago apparently spoke to some paper about how good that slaphead erikson is. :laugh:  :laugh:
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:46 am

We won't sell Baros if Owen leaves, hopefully Baros and Cisse can form a great partnership together, I am confident they can. :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:23 am

i think the only reason baros was thinkin about leaving was that he was loosing his place to owen so now that hes off baros will stay
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion