Baros stays.........

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby zarababe » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:37 pm

corrrr.. lynds .. he is such a stud there... in a gay mag.. I say any girlie mag the 'ladeeeeez' will warm to that ... LITERALLY :p :D

.. another option for the boss.. in terms of keeping him or not .. lets see what happens..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO_14 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:29 pm

worst news ive heard this week. I was glad to finally see the back of milan baros and now i find hes not leaving. typical. I just hope he gets shoved on the bench all season, not good enough does nothing for the team every match but run just get him out the door and gets some real quality in. If we get dirk kuyt then baros doesnt have a chance morientes cisse and kuyt would be a fantastic strike force and we can do without baros whining on the bench

I other words f*ck off baros your sh*t
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby muttleyp » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:50 pm

I had no clue he only had a year left on his contract, the first thing i would do if i were the board is to sign him up on a new contract and if he refuses (that wil show what his motives are for staying) sell him for what ever price we can get for him rather than be screwed on a free transfer.
I would have like to have kept him till january to see if he's finaly going to start delivering the goods, but i wouldnt risk it and lose him for nothing.
Sign or sell its that simple.
muttleyp

Postby Dalglish » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:06 am

I'll be well cheesed off if "Milan the Mercenary" isn't out of Anfield come the start of the season ???

Just when it looked like we might actually sell a player for MORE than we bought him for it now transpires he intends to stick around and no doubt sulk like a child when he isn't picked.

As a fan whilst I'm not so naive to believe that every player loves the club as much as I do ........I do however expect a certain professionality and realisation from players that respect is EARNED not expected as some divine right .....???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:10 am

Hang on, this is b*llocks - he signed a 5 year contract at the end of 2001. Remember the problems with his work permit when he first arrived in England?

My understanding is that he won't be a free agent until December 2006.
ivor_the_injun

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:11 am

And anyway, he's a quality player that terrifies defences with his pace.

Yes, he needs to look up more, and yes, he needs to sort his finishing out a bit, but I sure as hell wouldn't make it my mission to sell him if he's showing willing to stay and play for the club.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Dalglish » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:14 am

ivor_the_injun wrote:Hang on, this is b*llocks - he signed a 5 year contract at the end of 2001. Remember the problems with his work permit when he first arrived in England?

My understanding is that he won't be a free agent until December 2006.

Stop clutching at straws and face the facts , Milan Baros plays for one thing and one thing alone ...himself  ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:54 am

It's not his ability that is really worrying me. I think he will improve next season, I'm sure he will if he gets the chance, but if he is a free agent next summer I'd far sooner see him used as a makeweight to sign a replacement...
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:40 am

A.B. wrote:Worst news I've heard all week.

He only has one year on his contract and if he doesn't extend his contract[which I doubt he will] if anybody comes knocking next season for him he will be able to leave for free and once again we will be making no profit.

Sell him now while we can.

This is bad news totally agree.

Plus we need someone who can put the ball in the back of the net     not pose as a little grease ball.
66-1112520797

Postby azriahmad » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:30 am

Not good news, Baros' presence does not add up to strengthen the squad, sell him at the earliest opportunity. Only problem is that there is very little chance that he will be bought for 7 or 8 million. He is simply not that good to command that kind of price.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:02 am

I'd be happy with five million at this point of time. Rafa probably doesn't want him at the club and if thats the case he'll be sold despite the fact that he wants to stay.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby el_stinger » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:11 am

I think he has his heart set on Barcelona, if anyone else makes an offer for him, he's gonna snub it until Barca make a bid. LFC should screw that and send him packing to the highest bidder
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:16 am

Maybe he now "wants to stay" because the likes of Barca or Juve are not interested. For Barca, why would they want a player like Baros when they already have Eto'o who can score loads more than him given the same amount of scoring opportunities.

Ronaldinho has publically said that Theiry henry would be a very welcome addition to Barcelona's strike force.

Sell him for any decent amount if the resultant cash inflow hepls to bolster the squad recruitment programme.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lfclfclfc » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:12 am

i think baros has done himself proud turning people off after a successful euro championship:
- whining and about playing time
- bitching about coach's decisions
- loyalty only for milan & baros & milan baros
- not being able to distinguish between passion and madness: stubbs saga, almost costing the game and getting himself banned when team needs him most.
- constantly talks about wanting away
oh and he
- drops and damages cups too! :p

plain for all coaches to see and effectively cancels out whatever footballing qualities he has. not surprising that he is not attracting as much attention as he could be.

we should be wary of him doing a macmanaman, he's well capable of that i m sure. sell him at a lower fee (5-6mil) now, we have less discontent in the dressing room and more cash for rebuilding.
lfclfclfc

Postby akumaface » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:25 am

Wow, I think the support for Baros leaving the club is almost as much as the support Diouf had. What a class he is in now.... :D
akumaface
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion