Baros sold? cisse starter? - Opinions

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby morientes_gerrard » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:13 pm

Baros sold in summer?? cisse starting alongside morientes??

what do u think??
morientes_gerrard

Postby Santa » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:18 pm

stupid!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:23 pm

Keep Baros, Morientes, Cisse and Pongolle.

Liverpool may have to sell Neil Mellor because he may not get chance to get in the first team again because I just got a feeling about it.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:36 pm

That's probably quite likely. I think Cisse will work better with Morientes than Baros has when he is fit anyway.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:15 pm

The years that we've missed aerial presence upfront and not weve got Mori and Cisse :cool:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:01 pm

Baros is the only consistent scorer we have and as for Cisse, not sure he will ever be the same player we thought he would be. The injury he sustained is too much of an uncertainty. Until he is proven healthy again, no way we are going to sell Baros.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:25 pm

i still think tat .. a top club like liverpool should have at least 3 world class player no matter wat.. that is cisse ,baros and mori.. poggolle should be given time to develop.. so as le tallec.
Alonso_Rulz

Postby Big Niall » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:31 pm

Cisse did not impress me when he played. Didn't look £14m.

Baros has proved himself for LFC, what , one poor game and we should sell him and play a guy who didn't perform when fit. We don't even know how he'll recover.

Stupid idea.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:15 pm

selling baros?
is that opinion? prediction? expectation?
whatever it is, it's stupid.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:17 pm

I know many will disagree but I see where you’re coming from.

Baros tries hard and does have ability but he is still too greedy and his passing is poor. Recently his form has dipped, I think this is down to him now being a ‘known quantity’. Managers and defenders know that his game is about getting round people and dribbling with the ball. He offers a similar threat to Cisse and having too similar strikers is a waste. If we got a bid of £10MIL or more I would take it.

Next season Morientes is sure to start and it is up to Cisse to prove that he can be good enough to partner him, he hasn’t been particularly impressive so far, and his injury may have long term affects, but I think we should be patient with him and give him 30 – 40 consecutive starts before righting him off.

I would let Pongolle go, probably on loan, and have Morientes, Cisse and Le Tallec as the 3 main strikers and keep Mellor as back up. Morientes, Cisse and Le Tallec all offer something different in attack, and variation is important. Kewell and Garcia can always fill in as support strikers if we get injuries.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ronmeister » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:59 pm

If Cisse can recover fully from his Injury i can see Milan being used as a sub more often than not and i cant see Milan being happy about that so maybe next January he will move on not in the summer though.
ronmeister

Postby coolsobs » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:18 pm

Big Niall wrote:Cisse did not impress me when he played. Didn't look £14m.

Baros has proved himself for LFC, what , one poor game and we should sell him and play a guy who didn't perform when fit. We don't even know how he'll recover.

Stupid idea.

Completely agree, i never really see why people say cisse is amazing before he got injured he never really amazed me. I know that he didn't have that many games to prove himself but until he does it would be foolish to sell baros. Most big clubs have at elast 3 good strikers and i wouldn't say that pongolle are le tallec are good strikers yet.
coolsobs

Postby the return of HAS » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:27 pm

coolsobs wrote:
Big Niall wrote:Cisse did not impress me when he played. Didn't look £14m.

Stupid idea.

Completely agree, i never really see why people say cisse is amazing before he got injured he never really amazed me. I know that he didn't have that many games to prove himself but until he does it would be foolish to sell baros. Most big clubs have at elast 3 good strikers and i wouldn't say that pongolle are le tallec are good strikers yet.

Its true that Cisse didn't play well. But then again the team wasn't exactly on fire.

I think he needs to up his work rate, improve his momvement and add some variation to his game. On the moment he is too one dimensional, he simply wants the through ball to run on too. But Rafa and his team will have the whole of pre season to work with him, so we'll see.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:06 am

Oh shut up what is this OAP night grumble grumble bloody moaners,Well when Cisse buggers off to another team and scores a sh1t£ load of goals moan then.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:14 am

mistyred wrote:Oh shut up what is this OAP night grumble grumble bloody moaners,Well when Cisse buggers off to another team and scores a sh1t£ load of goals moan then.

PMT.
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion