Baros - Showing some good attitude

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Eazy-E » Thu May 19, 2005 6:08 pm

Liverpool striker Milan Baros looked ahead to next week's Champions League Final against AC Milan and declared, "We can beat them."
Baros is confident that the Reds can overcome the Italian giants and bring the European Cup back to Anfield for keeps. And he points to his side's heroics in earlier rounds to support this.

He says: "AC Milan is a great team, but if we work hard then hopefully we can bring the trophy back.

"They are one of the biggest teams in Europe, but we've already beaten Juventus and Chelsea so there's no reason why we can't beat them."

Baros, who played a key part in the goal that got Liverpool to Istanbul, envisages a cagey final.

He adds: "It's a final and no one will want to give anything away at the start, although an early goal could change things."

And Baros says that he'll be ready if he gets the vote to take on Milan's much vaunted defence.

"It's not up to me who plays, it's up to the Boss. But I'll be ready."
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

''I kick :censored: and i take names. You're in my pocket. Shut your mouth. Rest your gums. I own you bitch.''
Eazy-E

Postby PabloAimar » Thu May 19, 2005 7:23 pm

wat a guy!

he's finally realised that strikers are not allowed to go 300 games without scoring and STILL demand to play 90 minutes of EVERY match.
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby L-type » Thu May 19, 2005 8:22 pm

I still want Baros to start.  I don't care how effective Cisse may be, but the way I see it is that Baros can wear out the defense, while Cisse gets subbed on and picks up the pieces !!
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Thu May 19, 2005 8:27 pm

I hoped we could let loose both Baros and Lord Frodsham and see if the aging Milan defence can cope. We need to play this game at high tempo as that should be the best way to unsettle AC Milan (watch 1st leg LFC v Juve & 2nd leg PSV v Milan again to confirm this!!!). Go mighty Reds...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 19, 2005 8:49 pm

i`ve backed baros in the past because i believe he is a good young player who will get better, he has lots of attributes and gifts other forwards dont and on his day can give defences the run around single handed BUT lately his attitude has been poor, in fact very poor. i didnt want to sell him but if he keeps making these ill conceived comments and veiled threats in the press i dont think rafa can have any choice but to sell him. in a successful side everyone has got to pull in the same direction, once players start thinking me, me, me instead of we, we, we you`ve had it. thats why a lot of these teams packed to the rafters with superstars and their accompanying ego`s do f-all. come on milan lad, to paraphrase john kennedy - ask not what your team can do for you, ask what you can do for your team.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby joependo » Thu May 19, 2005 8:51 pm

Baros is a good young player(how old is he please?).I say we play him for first and half the sencond half and let cisse score the goals.My Dad always ses why dus he run with his hed down say he runs into sumone.
joependo

Postby Santa » Thu May 19, 2005 8:55 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:i`ve backed baros in the past because i believe he is a good young player who will get better, he has lots of attributes and gifts other forwards dont and on his day can give defences the run around single handed BUT lately his attitude has been poor, in fact very poor. i didnt want to sell him but if he keeps making these ill conceived comments and veiled threats in the press i dont think rafa can have any choice but to sell him. in a successful side everyone has got to pull in the same direction, once players start thinking me, me, me instead of we, we, we you`ve had it. thats why a lot of these teams packed to the rafters with superstars and their accompanying ego`s do f-all. come on milan lad, to paraphrase john kennedy - ask not what your team can do for you, ask what you can do for your team.

agree...think Euro'04 done more harm to him than I first thought  :no
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu May 19, 2005 9:44 pm

Baros is using us as a stepping stone, nothing less nothing more.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Eazy-E » Thu May 19, 2005 11:46 pm

Baros of course can be good on his day and...well...bad. A game where i thought he was electric was against Newcastle at Anfield. He set up Garcia but Luis blasted it over...he created Mellor's goal and he scored a brilliant third, running around Given and slotting it home. A contrast to this was the game against Newcastle at St. James'. He was completely disintrested :( and did'nt want to be playing. DR. MILAN and MR. BAROS. ???
''I kick :censored: and i take names. You're in my pocket. Shut your mouth. Rest your gums. I own you bitch.''
Eazy-E

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri May 20, 2005 12:15 am

If he had Cisse's attitude he'd be fantastic. He hasn't, and he's an immature punk who wrecks his career with ill-timed outbursts. If he sorts that, fine. Otherwise get rid. Up the 'pool!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri May 20, 2005 12:19 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:If he had Cisse's attitude he'd be fantastic. He hasn't, and he's an immature punk who wrecks his career with ill-timed outbursts. If he sorts that, fine. Otherwise get rid. Up the 'pool!

If he has Cisse's attitude it wouldn't make much difference, the only difference is that the fans would like him a bit more.

Baros works really hard on the pitch, just like Diouf did. Baros still lacks the awareness and all round quality to be a top foward.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri May 20, 2005 12:24 am

A.B. wrote:Baros is using us as a stepping stone, nothing less nothing more.

Spot on Sadly  :glare:

I see you have changed your tune since a few months back then AB  :D

It beggars belief that Baros comes out with a statement that DOESN'T make mention of him needing to play and him not being happy and people deem it worthy to enter as a thread  ???

Bottom line is that Baros is on his way , he knows it, the boss knows it and we all know it........
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri May 20, 2005 12:25 am

Yes, but he sulks like a spoilt brat and that is reflected in some of his displays.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri May 20, 2005 12:26 am

I think I just said that ! ??? Read it again ! :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri May 20, 2005 12:45 am

I was replying to luke! Sorry, dude!!! Up the 'pool!

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion