Baros scores - Yes

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby azriahmad » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:35 pm

Quote (Santa @ Aug. 21 2004,17:02)
What crosses? poorest player in red shirt the whole afternoon.

Yes, very true! Let's have a brief analysis of how he can be of much use...can't defend, Josemi is much better. Can't tackle, both Carra and Josemi is better. Can't overlap, Josemi is better when he did venture forward. Can't cross and certainly can't convert chances well.

What should Liverpool do with him once the new right sided midfielders become eligible to play? Best bet is squad player, or sell.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:38 pm

This thread is about Baros scoring...how can I forget!

He needs good service on the ground, not high up in the air as he is not built to fight for headers with the defenders. Good for him and his confidence to score like that and he really worked hard today.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:10 pm

baros did great, cisse looked nervous in his first match at anfield but he will come good...

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:19 pm

Finaly Baros scored. I don't think Josemi is injured, just banged up. If he was, it would had been said on LFC.tv
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:33 pm

Cisse did a neat trick near the end of the game when he backheeled and turned the man City defender (forgot the name) from the corner of the field. He played OK and showed some glimpse of his speed.

I hope Baros will go on to score more goals on a consistent basis for Liverpool from now on.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:35 pm

Now that everyone has stopped critisizing Baros, Dudek is the next target for some of these so called fans.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:58 pm

I understand from one of the other thread that you did not get to see the match, A.B.

If you had seen it live, like I did, and saw the awful blunder Dudek made, you would be understandbly upset also. I reacted a bit over the top in my immediate thread posting as the goal was conceded on the 45th minute and I immediately went to post my thoughts at half time.

The long ball into the Liverpool box looked harmless with Anelka pressuring Carra who back headed to Dudek. The header was a bit short but Dudek failed to hold the ball completely, let it slip from him as he was sprawled and was crawling to get to it when Anelka pushed it further and from an acute angle, slipped the ball into the net in spite of Carra's best efforts to block from the goal line he immediately ran to when Dudek fumbled.

It was an awful mistake and Dudek has been worryingly prone to these lapses. If he gifted this kind of goal to Arsenal or some top european teams, it would be curtains for Liverpool.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:00 pm

azriahmad wrote:I understand from one of the other thread that you did not get to see the match, A.B.

If you had seen it live, like I did, and saw the awful blunder Dudek made, you would be understandbly upset also. I reacted a bit over the top in my immediate thread posting as the goal was conceded on the 45th minute and I immediately went to post my thoughts at half time.

The long ball into the Liverpool box looked harmless with Anelka pressuring Carra who back headed to Dudek. The header was a bit short but Dudek failed to hold the ball completely, let it slip from him as he was sprawled and was crawling to get to it when Anelka pushed it further and from an acute angle, slipped the ball into the net in spite of Carra's best efforts to block from the goal line he immediately ran to when Dudek fumbled.

It was an awful mistake and Dudek has been worryingly prone to these lapses. If he gifted this kind of goal to Arsenal or some top european teams, it would be curtains for Liverpool.

Of course I've would have been upset, I was upset when we let a goal in against the Spurs but that doesn't mean we should critisize the players constantly.  Rafa is the manager, correct? If he thinks that Dudek can't improve or is a worthy goalkeeper then he will be replaced, same with any other player however Rafa knows what he is doing. If he was disapointed with Dudek, he would had been gone and we would had a new goalkeeper.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby who the hell is diarra » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:48 pm

Baros had a great game despite getting kicked all over the park. Did u see danny mills he is one dirrrrrty little gobshi*e :angry: ,Both strikers are off the mark now so that is good, Stevie was superb again, any questions about his commitment now seem ridiculous. :D
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:22 am

Gerrard is both a striker and a midfielder :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:26 am

who the hell is diarra wrote:Baros had a great game despite getting kicked all over the park. Did u see danny mills he is one dirrrrrty little gobshi*e :angry: ,Both strikers are off the mark now so that is good, Stevie was superb again, any questions about his commitment now seem ridiculous. :D

Danny Mills makes up in agression and snidy fouls what he lacks in Ability, quite simply a very very ordinary player with an extraordinary ego  ???

Baros took the hits all afternoon ......

I'm a little miffed that Dudek's coming in for so much stick , the ball took a slight deflection but just enough to alter the flight of the ball which was before the flick header going straight into Dudek;'s arms .... A bit unfair to jump al;l over dudek in my opinion.

good solid performance though and we used the 64% possession well and looked the part second half .....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:44 am

azriahmad wrote:He needs good service on the ground, not high up in the air as he is not built to fight for headers with the defenders.

Like the ball from Stevie that leads to the goal...?

Excited with our midfield line-up with the prospect of StevieG, Alonso, Didi, Kewell and with Nunez and Garcia to come. Our strikers will be well fed.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:08 am

I agree with Santa, expect plenty of goals from Cisse and Baros. They make a good team "B+C"=D [Death to opponents] haha lol
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby chiunn » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:28 am

I woke up this morning and the first thing that i did was to ask my wife...was i dreaming or my liverpool really played like that lat nite!!? oh man.....i really dont wanna beef up our expectation here for this season..but i think we r gonna win the title playing like that!!! ALonso, garcia and nunez are not even involved yet!! Say bye bye to those days that you get heart attack (outta anger) and sleepy (boring defensive style) from watching liverpool played!!! We r in real business now! Say HALO to the championship!

Beni..you...you...YOuuuuuu...
chiunn

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:17 am

I'm going to get critiscized for this but relax a little, its early in the season and it was only Man City.  I'm not trying to be a kill-joy but lets put it in perspective, ok, obviously with Alonslo, Garcia and Nunez we'll be ten times better and will definately be there for a run for the title, will it be enough to win the title?  Arsenal are a better team than last season and they were unbelievable last season.
I still think we'll beat the Mancs down into the top four (as opposed to the top 3)
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion