Baros says its rubbish

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:45 am

Some sections of the media claimed recently that Milan Baros was very unhappy with Rafa Benitez's decision to drop him for the Carling Cup final and was about to leave Cardiff before being persuaded to come back.

The Liverpool ace denied the rumours strongly, "My goodness, what are these speculations?"

"I don't know where they have got this information from. Maybe this is only speculation from a few press men. And do you know what is the real truth? I haven't spoken with anybody for two days."

"We were given a rest and I haven't even been at our stadium. It's nonsense. I had no row with anyone from our coaching staff."

The Czech Republic striker was indeed unhappy at being left out of the starting eleven but which player will not be for such an important game. Baros was naturally disappointed but he did not react in that way.

"It's sure that everyone wants to play. But, in this case, I would never escalate it in such a way as was published [heading back to Liverpool and refusing to sit on the bench]."
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:25 am

Baros' been talking to the S*n! :angry:

source:soccernet.com

Baros may quit Kop for more football

Milan Baros has warned Liverpool he may look to quit the club this summer if he fails to win a regular place in the Reds' starting line-up for the rest of the season.
Rafael Benitez left the Czech Republic striker on the bench for Sunday's Carling Cup Final loss to Chelsea, only sending him on to replace Fernando Morientes after 73 minutes.

And although he has scored 12 times this campaign, he has become more and more frustrated at not commanding an automatic slot on the team sheet.

A poor return of just two goals in his last 14 matches for Liverpool has not helped and Baros told The Sun: 'I think my time at the club is ticking down.

'I've nothing against Liverpool. I love the fans and am proud of being able to play here.

'All I want is to play regularly. If it's not going to be here, then I hope that I will get a good offer from elsewhere.'

After being the leading scorer at Euro 2004, Baros looked set for a prominent role at Anfield following the departure of Michael Owen and a serious injury to Djibril Cisse.

'I stayed at Liverpool in the hope I would be playing more,' added the 23-year-old.

'After Owen left for Real and Cisse got injured, it looked like I could begin making regular appearances in the starting line-up.

'But it seems they just don't regard me as a regular starter.

'I need to play regularly, though, and not just waste my time on the bench.'
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:27 am

All he does is complain, he's had loadsa of first team football this season and cos he gets dropped once he starts to shout off :rock:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:30 am

If he does go ,it certainly won't be to a "bigger" club.
I like the lad but doesn't he realise that if he scored more goals he'd get more starts ? Seems obvious to me .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:32 am

Something has gone on no doubt about it, but we wont know the truth.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:31 pm

i hope he knuckles down and gets on with it. players like bergkampf and solskjaer have spent time on the bench but they`re professional enough to just get their heads down and wait for their opportunity.
at 23 he has time on his side and i`m sure if he spent a few seasons playing with morientes he would benefit personally.
the only thing he needs to learn is when to get his head up and pass it, apart from that he can take players on, has a fair turn of pace, and knows where the net is.
i`d be sad to see him go but IF the press reports are true the tony le tallec situation has shown us how rafa reacts to players who give him ultimatums.
come on milan, keep the dummy in the pram and start pulling in the same direction as the manager.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:44 pm

Thing is though hes only got 1 year left on his contract or somethin :Oo:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:57 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Thing is though hes only got 1 year left on his contract or somethin :Oo:

well cisse if thats the case and he wont sign a contract extension i`m afraid recent history has shown us the decision is taken out of the clubs hands.
were not that flush were we can afford to let players go on bosmans. we lost a fortune on mcmanaman and owen.
i really hope it doesn`t come to that.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:57 pm

Hmmmmmm, If he's only got a year left AND if his attitude when it comes to sitting on the bench is a problem then maybe Rafa will get rid of him in the summer .
Can't say I'm that bothered , he's had loads of chances since M.O. left but hasn't really convinced .
Pity we couldn't sell him after Euro 2004 when his valuation was sky high , reckon he's lost at least 30% of that valuation through his failure to impress.
:(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:29 pm

I believe he has two years left[contract expires in 2007]
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:37 pm

That at least give's us some breathing space .
don't want to dump on the player , maybe the press are hyping the situation BUT if he is moanining about sitting on the bench maybe he should make his arguments with more goals when he does play ?
Once again he can learn from M.O.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:49 pm

I think this has been blown out of proportion.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:52 pm

So they are not happy enough unsettling SG, they have to start on Baros now, and even Benitez and Morientes.  Who next, Dudek or Biscan?  lol
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:57 pm

It's usually Gerrard or Hamann now its Baros and Benitez. They are running out of ideas it seems.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:57 pm

You're probably right AB , the media being the self feeding whore we know it to be . But ! (:D ) sometimes as they say "there's no smoke without fire" .
It's well documented that he was not happy about playing second fiddle to M.O.    Maybe he thought when Owen left he (Baros) would become automatic first choice striker . Lets face it ,he's got to do a lot more to gain that kind of respect (at LFC at least )

:(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion