Baros says its rubbish

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby crazyhorse » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:29 am

A.B. wrote:Mellor is unworthy to wear the Liverpool shirt. He's not good enough and to say that having Mellor would be better than Baros is incredibly stupid.

I really dont think that you need to think that much about this. Mellor is an inferior player compared to Baros, he has no pace, looks clumsy on the ball and out of his depth in the PL.

He did however give us the best moment of the season in the league so far - that win against Arsenal was sweet!.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:20 am

crazyhorse wrote:
A.B. wrote:Mellor is unworthy to wear the Liverpool shirt. He's not good enough and to say that having Mellor would be better than Baros is incredibly stupid.

I really dont think that you need to think that much about this. Mellor is an inferior player compared to Baros, he has no pace, looks clumsy on the ball and out of his depth in the PL.

He did however give us the best moment of the season in the league so far - that win against Arsenal was sweet!.

And the goal against Olyimpicos :;):
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafalution » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:03 am

A.B. wrote:Some sections of the media claimed recently that Milan Baros was very unhappy with Rafa Benitez's decision to drop him for the Carling Cup final and was about to leave Cardiff before being persuaded to come back.

The Liverpool ace denied the rumours strongly, "My goodness, what are these speculations?"

"I don't know where they have got this information from. Maybe this is only speculation from a few press men. And do you know what is the real truth? I haven't spoken with anybody for two days."

"We were given a rest and I haven't even been at our stadium. It's nonsense. I had no row with anyone from our coaching staff."

The Czech Republic striker was indeed unhappy at being left out of the starting eleven but which player will not be for such an important game. Baros was naturally disappointed but he did not react in that way.

"It's sure that everyone wants to play. But, in this case, I would never escalate it in such a way as was published [heading back to Liverpool and refusing to sit on the bench]."

I have heard on good authority that Baros is probably on his way out of the club this summer.
Apparently there were some words said between Rafa and Baros about him being dropped for the final, however it wasn't as bad as the press made out and Baros didn't in fact threaten to leave the stadium etc.
Rafa wasn't impressed by his actions however so I wouldn't be surprised to see Liverpool accept an offer for Milan.
I think it would be a shame to see Milan leave as he is a good player.
Rafalution

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:40 pm

GERRARD AND BAROS KEEP RAFA BUSY

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has spent the past week re-building captain Steven Gerrard's confidence - and trying to keep Milan Baros quiet.

The Anfield chief knows he must restore self-belief in the Liverpool camp before Saturday's Barclays Premiership match at Newcastle which is followed by Tuesday's Champions League match away to Bayer Leverkusen, where the Reds will hold a 3-1 lead from the first leg.

Gerrard was devastated by his own goal which lost Liverpool the lead in last weekend's Carling Cup final which Chelsea went on to win 3-2 in extra time - while Baros has spoken of his disappointment at not starting the Cardiff match.

Benitez has admitted all the speculation surrounding Gerrard's future has not helped the situation.

He said: "It is not easy for Steven with everybody talking about his future, but maybe something positive will come from what happened last weekend.

"I have talked to Steven, and maybe he is saying to himself that he will now do all he can for his club and his supporters.

"What happened in Cardiff I know will make him even more determined to win the rest of the games this season.

"As a captain if you score an own goal it is very disappointing, particularly in a cup final. Now this will make him work even harder, because he feels he must make amends.

"But we do not blame him; we support him because we want to see the best of Steven Gerrard for the rest of the season."

While Benitez has been boosting Gerrard's morale, he has clearly been spelling out a few home truths to Baros who has been openly questioning his own Anfield future.

Benitez makes it clear he wants to see action and not words as he considers his squad for next season.

He said: "I have said to Milan that the most important thing he can do is to play well, not talk, and he understands. He will play well for the rest of the season because he has the right mentality, and I hope to see a goal from him against Newcastle.

"I have talked to Milan, and he wants to play as well as he can and score goals - so the most important thing when a player has problems is to see how they then work in games.

"He will have the possibilities to show all of us that he is a good player. Always for players the future is what they achieve on the pitch. If he plays well and scores goals then it is fine; if players do not do well and don't score then nobody wants the player - or the manager.

"Milan has told me he wants to play as well as he can - he knows that after his injury problem he has only scored one goal in 12 games. He knows he must work hard and do his best."

Benitez is prepared to take on board the criticism from fans on radio phone-ins since the defeat in Cardiff.

"I am not angry with the fans for phoning radio and complaining. This is football - in Spain we say there are 40 million managers. People have their opinions.

"But if we want to hear our supporters behind us then we have to work very, very hard to make sure they do.

"After a game then fans can say whether they felt we played well or badly - but when the next game comes around we want those fans to be back behind us. We have clever supporters - they understand. We need them, and Stevie needs them right to the end of the season.

"If they are critical during games then they cannot help the team; then it will be difficult for us to reach the top four. We need our supporters behind us."

Benitez insists Liverpool can bridge the eight-point lead Everton have over them in the race for fourth spot in the table.

"Everton have an advantage. They are not in a lot of competitions, so they can focus on the league games," he pointed out.

"But they have won a lot and have consistency and confidence. Each time you win it becomes like a snowball - you gain more confidence and improve.

"We still believe we can do it, but I will discuss it again in 15 days because we have some very important games. We must keep our heads up and fight, because it may be that we will need three points from the last game of the season to achieve what we want.

"Nothing is impossible in football - we must fight to the very last week because we can achieve anything.

"I do not like to keep looking at the numbers, how many points we have, but if we can win games then we make things happen. I accept that these next couple of weeks are vital, with league games and the Champions League."
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:58 pm

Dalglish wrote:No one is criticising the lad for being "Disappointed" as I'm sure Biscan , Potter, Welsh and a lot of the younger players were as well but Baros's reaction wasn't disappointment , it was defiance and talk of other clubs coming in for him can't come soon enough for me . Just an opinion but there you go .....

Someone ought to tell him its  SQUAD game these days !

Have you told Steven Gerrard about this new approach?
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:19 pm

Comparing Steven Gerrard's importance to this team to Baros is no contest i'm afriad. They in different leagues as players.

I've personally never liked Baros's attitude and approach to playing for the most successful club in English football and had hoped he would have grown up  a bit by now and displayed less of the semantics.

Its not just this latest spat but his general demeanour on the pitch. He is NOT a team player, just watch his body language. Mr Baros plays for one person , himself !
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:02 pm

Even you have to admit that SG's attitude of late sucks @ss. His demeanour is MORE important since he is the Captain, and when he make stupid comments before crucial comments, I think they should both get the @rse.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion