Baros saga to be concluded

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:01 pm

Source: Sky Sports News

Milan Baros has given his clearest indication yet that his future lies away from Liverpool.

The Czech Republic striker has fallen behind Fernando Morientes, Peter Crouch and Djibril Cisse in the striking pecking order at Anfield and his long-term future at the club is in doubt.

Aston Villa and Lyon are believed to be battling it out to secure the striker's signature and after admitting he is likely to leave, Baros claims he has not closed the door to any proposals.

"It seems that there is no other possibility than to say goodbye and leave," Baros told CTK. "Apparently the coach wants to bet on other players and I don't want to sit in the grandstand."

Villa are believed to be leading the chase for the star of Euro 2004 and Baros claims he would be prepared to move to the Midlands club.

"When I return from the international team, it will be resolved," he added. "It could be resolved this week."

Commenting on the rumours that he had snubbed a move to Villa, Baros countered: "I have not refused Aston Villa or said that I didn't want to go there.

"It is a high quality club, it would certainly not be a step back for me."

Baros claims the financial package Villa have proposed is to his liking.

"It is nonsense," he said in response to suggestions he had turned down Villa. "We agreed on money straight away and they even raised their offer.

"I would be on better terms than at Liverpool, but nothing has been agreed yet."

Baros insists he wants to secure his future in order to allow him to focus on the new season, in what is a World Cup year.

"I would like things to be clear," he added. "And I would like to concentrate for the autumn World Cup 2006 qualifiers."

Baros claims he has not had a fall out with Reds manager Rafa Benitez.

"The coach has some ideas and I think I am not in them," added the striker. "But there is no personal thing in it, it is just football and I am not bitter."
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:26 pm

Bit of a shame really cause he could be a really good striker if he put his mind to it, I wouldnt want him to stay in the premiership though imagine him scoring against us  :( .
I also wont be very happy if he goes and Michael Owen doesnt come in the opposit direction.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skipper » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:28 pm

Yea.  Baros scoring against us in the Prem. would be a bitter pill to swallow.  And if Owen doesn't come, then I would rather have baros stay.  Rafa knows what he's doing, though.  Hopefully, everything works out.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:31 pm

If Baros goes this week then I think it's the biggest indication that Owen is on his way back.

We won't go into the season with just Crouch, Morientes and Cisse as our strikers (I'm not including Mellor and Pongolle here as they are not yet proven imo and still coming back from injury)
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:32 pm

Yeah theres never any pleasure in seeing the back of a player!But unfortunately for Baros he aint part of Rafas plans!Good luck to him though and hopefully he doesnt ruin his career by goin to Everton as hes too good to be playin in the Championship next year!! :D
66-1120597113

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:41 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:I also wont be very happy if he goes and Michael Owen doesnt come in the opposit direction.

that would be a sickener, but i`ve a funny feeling this deal has to happen before we go in for michael.
imagine we sell milan, dont get michael and then cisse pulls a hamstring or something.
morientes and crouchy are good players but to say we would be lacking in pace would be a major understatement.
i`ve been not to keen on michael coming back because i felt he turned his back on us at a critical moment but hand on heart and in the cold light of day we need him.
if michael signed tomorrow the bookies would slash our price for winning the title in half and their not often wrong.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:45 pm

Baros is off to Villa......just as I predicted on here some weeks ago  :p
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:48 pm

A very big step down from Barca isnt it Milan   ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:50 pm

A very big step down from Barca isnt it Milan   

he'll get paid a decent wage and be Villa's star, good luck to him.  Sadly he's not half as good as he thinks
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:55 pm

does anyone know what the fee is around to be??
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:58 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
A very big step down from Barca isnt it Milan   

he'll get paid a decent wage and be Villa's star, good luck to him.  Sadly he's not half as good as he thinks

Agreed, he's a decent player but one golden boot doesn't make him Marco Van Basten like he thinks he is  :no
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:03 pm

does anyone know what the fee is around to be??

6.5 million pounds
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:11 pm

he's a decent player but one golden boot doesn't make him Marco Van Basten like he thinks he is 

thats the sad fact.  I'm sure Milan will improve as a player, but we cannot spend the next couple of seasons waiting around hoping.  Hence he will be gone within the week, and for 6.5 million, in a deal thats good for Liverpool FC.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:13 pm

the sooner milan moves the better  its nothing personal but he is not part of rafas plans  the reason he is not a team player   once that deal has been concluded rafa will move for owen  :cool:  :cool:

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:15 pm

The sale of Baros and the money from qualifying in the CL will help Benitez[or the chairman] sign Owen along with a new centerback and a right winger.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion