Baros saga to be concluded

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:58 pm

7_Kewell wrote:I think Baros will be gone by Saturday.

:bowdown  :bowdown I hope You're right  :bowdown  :bowdown
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:24 pm

Baros is not going to France

From Sky Sports News

Milan Baros has decided to snub overtures from French duo Lyon and Monaco.
The Czech Republic ace seems set to leave Liverpool in the next few days with Villa leading the race for his signature.

Liverpool are willing to let Baros leave Anfield in order to raise some funds for their own rebuilding plans.

The Reds were reported to be hoping to spark a bidding war between Villa and Lyon for Baros in order to generate funds to make a move to bring Michael Owen back from Real Madrid.

Baros also revealed he rejected an offer from Monaco as well as Lyon to stay in England with Villa.

"I have nothing against the French league, it is certainly of a very high quality, but I consider the leagues in England and Spain to be the best ones," Baros told MF Dnes.

"I would not like to go there (Monaco) either."

The 23-year-old also disclosed that a move to Valencia earlier in the summer fell through because of a change of management at La Mestalla.

"I agreed the transfer there, then the management was changed and everything was gone," added Baros.

"After last season we sat down with the coach (Rafa Benitez) and consulted my situation.

"I openly told him that I would go to Valencia. But I don't know if that has played a big role (in leaving).

Baros believes the time is right to leave Liverpool after the arrival of Peter Crouch pushed him further down the pecking order at Anfield.

"It would be better if I leave Liverpool," said Baros. "I love the club very much, it has wonderful fans and a super stadium.

"But the time comes to say goodbye and go somewhere else.

"Even if I do what I can, it will not help me get into the starting line-up. So it would be better to leave."

Villa are thought to be close to agreeing a deal for Baros with Liverpool holding out for 7 million for the Euro 2004 top scorer.

"It is certainly a lot of money," said Baros. "Schalke could not afford it.

"Liverpool paid 7 million for Crouch, so they want the money back. But this has nothing to do with me."
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:30 pm

Are Villa playing at the Theatre of Screams on Saturday?
If so then let's hope they sign Baros in time for him to score the winner in the twenty seventh minute of injury time,wouldn't that be something? :D

Oh and hopefully Owen is coming back to Anfield to replace him! :)
Gracias King Rafa

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:32 pm

The_Rock wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:I dont give a sh*t what number he wears as long as it has a Liverbird on it and Carsberg on the front :;):

can only think of 1...number 7

kewell is doing injustice to that number......

he probally get number 11 IF he comes back.
thats what he currently wears at real madrid. i think.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Luis Garcia » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:58 pm

i hope he stays,

Him instead of Owen anyday
Luis Garcia

Postby matrix » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:14 am

Luis Garcia wrote:i hope he stays,

hey garcia    :angry:   :angry:   :angry:

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:36 pm

an interesting twist to the Baros transfer.....Villa can't afford to pay us all the money up front, so Rafa is trying to get Solano as part of a deal for around 5.5-6 million pounds.  Solano would be a decent player to bring in, he's a winger and is probably Villas best player.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecake » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:19 pm

Thanks Garcia. I think many people have very short memories. If they can cast their minds back but only 12 months ago, it was El Dwarfo himself who held our great club to ransom when he finally divulged the unspeakable and left our club for an absolute song to become the La Mancha midget. Even Stevie Gerard in his moment of madness would have fetched over 30 million. Soothing compensation for what would have been a painful loss.
I only ask that people show a little support for those that we there through the dark years and stayed to see the promised land that Benitez has delivered us to. Baros saw the hard times with us, Owen sold out for the glitz and glamour of the galacticos and now wants to return now that the once baron soil has become lush again. Theres a word for people like him, it starts with J and ends with udas.
I for one will forgo his goals. He may score twice as much as Baros but Im damn sure little mercenary will cost us four times as much to do it.
Sorry Owen sympathizers, but still bitter over here.
cheesecake

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:27 pm

cheesecake wrote:

Thanks Garcia. I think many people have very short memories. If they can cast their minds back but only 12 months ago, it was El Dwarfo himself who held our great club to ransom when he finally divulged the unspeakable and left our club for an absolute song to become the La Mancha midget. Even Stevie Gerard in his moment of madness would have fetched over 30 million. Soothing compensation for what would have been a painful loss.
I only ask that people show a little support for those that we there through the dark years and stayed to see the promised land that Benitez has delivered us to. Baros saw the hard times with us, Owen sold out for the glitz and glamour of the galacticos and now wants to return now that the once baron soil has become lush again. Theres a word for people like him, it starts with J and ends with udas.
I for one will forgo his goals. He may score twice as much as Baros but Im damn sure little mercenary will cost us four times as much to do it.

Get over it and think of what would actually be better for the club.
We were all gutted and disappointed when he left, but people should be realistic and realise the reasons.
He may of left on the cheap and done things wrong but we all make mistakes.
Doesn't anyone remember Milan making noises about loving to play for Barcelona last summer, he would of gone given the chance.
MO handly things badly we are all agreed on that, but to not want him back is blind sighted and hopefully Rafa will see that our forward line will be so much the better if he is in it this season.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:36 pm

I object to Michael Owen being called a Judas. He made sure that it was written into his contract, that Liverpool would be given first refusal. He is Liverpool through and through, and has always given 110% for the club. He had an offer last year to test his skills abroad at possibly the biggest club in the world (definitely the most successful) and took it. Just like Ian Rush!!
Owen is the second coming.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:25 pm

I have mixed feelings about Owen.  I wouldn't say he was a 'Judas'....but he was badly advised and the way he left was a huge slap in the face to the club/fans who made him.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Luis Garcia » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:19 pm

cheesecake wrote:

I dont think we should sign Owen back, and I think Rafa may be being forced by the board and fans to buy a player he doesnt want (thats if Owen does return).

Rafa wasnt Ar*ed one bit when Michael did the selfish thing and Went to Madrid. Now he's crying his eyes out as he aint gonna get a game. If he did come back, he aint gonna get many games here either. Crouch will play in Away games witha mixture of Morientes and Cisse

How do you think Morientes will react? Owen went over there to take his place as striker, and now he wants to come back to Anfield to take Morientes's place again! the selfish midgit.

I expect them to have a dyer/ Bower style punch up on the pitch.  :p

People who are saying Owen will get 20+ goals again, are talking form the past. he may not do it again. Adn we may have sold him at the right time.

Owen is Off to Lyon, i reckon. Newspaper reports today say Houllier wants him, and no reports from LFC saying a deal is done.
Luis Garcia

Postby A.B. » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:30 pm

Owen is Off to Lyon, i reckon. Newspaper reports today say Houllier wants him, and no reports from LFC saying a deal is done.

The question is does Owen want to go to France? When's the last time  you saw an English player playing in France?

In Owen's book he stated that whilst he had great respect for Houllier he hated his tactics with a passion.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby drummerphil » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:41 pm

Tony Cascarino......and i only say that because he was born in kent,and went on to play or Eire because he qualiied because he liked guinness
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:53 pm

A.B. wrote:

The question is does Owen want to go to France? When's the last time  you saw an English player playing in France?

In Owen's book he stated that whilst he had great respect for Houllier he hated his tactics with a passion.

Owen won't go to Lyon, the rumours were that SG and MO wanted to GH to leave when he got the chop at Anfield  ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion