Baros is just utter ******

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthernScouser » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:53 pm

One minute he's scoring hatricks and is the best striker we have
the next he picks up a deserved red card for a reckless challenge and suddenly he's a villain who should be sold
same old fickle forum
:)
I never want to see players get career threatening injuries - whoever they play for
But I'll hold my hands up and say - I was havin different thoughts in the heat of the battle, yesterday
Everton set their stall out to kick us out of our stride
fair play for some of the lads standing up and being counted
Milan just took it a bit to far - and was frustrated after his misses
Stubbs was no shrinking violet
And Ferguson :angry:
Need I say more
SouthernScouser

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:20 pm

SouthernScouser wrote:One minute he's scoring hatricks and is the best striker we have

Hat tricks ? plural ?   :laugh:

Remind me ,please .Palace last Nov and ?
Last edited by woof woof ! on Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:21 pm

SouthernScouser wrote:One minute he's scoring hatricks and is the best striker we have
the next he picks up a deserved red card for a reckless challenge and suddenly he's a villain who should be sold
same old fickle forum
:)
I never want to see players get career threatening injuries - whoever they play for
But I'll hold my hands up and say - I was havin different thoughts in the heat of the battle, yesterday
Everton set their stall out to kick us out of our stride
fair play for some of the lads standing up and being counted
Milan just took it a bit to far - and was frustrated after his misses
Stubbs was no shrinking violet
And Ferguson :angry:
Need I say more

If you read alot of the posts over the past couple of months you would notice that lots of people have questioned Baros not just because of his red card yesterday, plus he hasn't scored much at all since before Christmas.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:30 pm

glad to see not much has changed around here, still the same old ficklebuggers:D
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:34 pm

big al wrote:glad to see not much has changed around here, still the same old ficklebuggers:D

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:
Hey what can I tell yer ? Treat 'em mean keep 'em keen as me old Ma used to say. 
:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Woollyback » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:34 pm

hey big al, not seen you round these parts for a while :)
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:39 pm

Baros is an decent player, but lets be honest he will never be good enough for a top club.

Take Robbie Keane for example, for natural talent he is fantastic, better than most, but he lacks the top player team intellgence, just knowing when to pass and when to shoot and when to dribble. That is why he has fallen from grace and will be sold even by Tottenham. Will he go to a better club, very doubtful.

Baros is the same, I don't think he will end up at a bigger club. I am pretty sure he will leave in the summer.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:43 pm

plus he hasn't scored much at all since before Christmas.

He's scored against Fulham and Leverkusen however that is not enough if he wants to stay here, I wouldn't be surprised if Garcia or Riise had more goals than him by the end of the season.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:51 pm

Top Scorers Season 2004-2005

Baros 13
Gerrard 10
Luis Garcia  9
Riise 8
Mellor 5
Sinama 4
Own Goal  4
Cisse 3
Alonso 2
Morientes 2
Biscan 1
Diao 1
Finnan 1
Hamann 1
Hyypia 1
Kewell 1
Nunez 1

I think I read somewhere last week that we have had more different goalscorers this season than any other team in Europe.

Gerrard, Riise and Luis Garcia's totals so far are very respectable from midfield areas. However, with regards to Baros, if he was a top class finisher, he's have 20 in all competitions by now.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:58 pm

Riise has scored 9 goals [6 in the Premieship,2 in the Champions League and 1 in the Carling Cup Final].

Both he and Garcia have impressed me, I didn't think they would be scoring so many goals, especially Garcia who is afterall new to the club and has been inconsistant at times.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby the return of HAS » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:58 pm

Looking at those statistics it really hurts to know that Owen is just sitting on the Real Madrid bench.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:00 pm

I like the fact that our midfield has scored 33 goals in all competions, it makes us less dependent on our forwards however it would be a plus for us to have the striker who can score the important goals when we need them and also score 20 a season.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Woollyback » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:00 pm

garcia's goals are his saving grace otherwise a lot more of the ficklebuggers would be calling for his head
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:01 pm

His performance against Everton was superb, mostly because he wanted to play in the second-half despite the fact that he was carrying an injury.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby the return of HAS » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:04 pm

Woollyback wrote:garcia's goals are his saving grace otherwise a lot more of the ficklebuggers would be calling for his head

That is an excellent point. Some of his other play has been poor and inconsistent.

Is it just me or does he always seem to hang on the ball too long instead of passing.
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion