Baros - He has a chance now

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby BringBackTiti » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:10 am

Dont forget something good might come out of all this Owen saga, we have one of the hottest prospects in world football here now he has his chance.

''Milan Baros has spoken of his intentions for the new season and insisted he wants to be the Kop's new idol. 
With Michael Owen rumoured to be on his way to Real Madrid, Baros is likely to get more of an opportunity to impress as he bids to convince Rafael Benitez he's the man to partner £14 million French ace Djibril Cisse in attack.

Baros was top scorer at Euro 2004 during the summer and he's now intent on repeating that sort of form in a red shirt this season.

"I don't know what is happening with Michael, but I know that I want to play and I feel I haven't been given a good enough chance," he said.

"I know the pressure is going to be on and, if Michael leaves, then the spotlight will be on the forwards.

"This is a fresh start for me. I could have left in the summer, but now I want to be here at Liverpool and to stay with the club. Even when things got bad for me, I never regretted coming here and I want to win another contract now.

"I am ready for the chance and if it is the chance to be the No.1 striker, then I can face that pressure."

Baros has admitted he became frustrated and disillusioned towards the end of last season when he was unable to force his way into Gerard Houllier's plans.

But, after revealing he would have left had there not been a change of manager, he is now desperate to reignite his Anfield career.

"It's pretty difficult to show the fans anything from the bench, and that's where I've been for most of my time at Liverpool," Baros explained.

"I appreciate just how much the fans are behind me at Liverpool. It's something you just don't get in the Czech Republic. It seems so unusual, especially because I've not been able to show the fans what I'm really about.''

"I've had a frustrating time at Liverpool and I've made no secret of the fact I would not be here now if there hadn't been a change of management.

"Now, though, hopefully I'll get my chance and when I do I want to give the fans something back. I want to give them something to enjoy this season.

"I feel good, and that's important. I am ready to play for the team and help them do well.

"My goals are very clear now. I want to win some trophies with Liverpool, for the players to be happy and for the fans to be happy."
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:14 am

And not forgetting Cisse.. he looked sharp the other night.

We'll all look back at the end of the season and regret being so pesimistic (hopefully  :D )

I think we'll do ok under Rafa - he doesn't seem to take any Sh1t from anyone.  And he must be very fit (no dodgy tickers) as he was up and down that technical area all night on Tuesday!!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:29 am

As I mentioned in another thread: The guardian today calims that Barca tempts Baros for Anfield-exit.  :(  I`m glad I`m not superstitous, Friday 13th and all..)
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard#1 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:33 am

Seriously though He hasnt excactly been on top form l8ly, although it will be a great shame to see one of the best looking footie players in  the premiership :O :p
U say get over him, i say get under him!!:P
Gerrard#1

Postby Boocity » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:39 am

Give baros & Cisse a couple of games to sharpen up and they will be deadly
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:45 am

Barring injury, I would like to see Baros and Cisse start every game (given the ODD rest, now and then).

I have long said that Baros could be class and that a forward needs to play every game to get his sharpness, Arsenal don't rest Henry often.

Now that the spoofer GH is gone, a real manager like Benitez will see the quality he has.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BringBackTiti » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:57 am

HOW CAN YOU SAY HE HASNT BEEN ON TOP FORM HE HAS JUST GOT THE GOLDEN BOOT AT EURO 2004 THAT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion