Baros brushes off exit rumours

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:47 pm

Milan Baros insists he does not believe that his career at Liverpool is in jeopardy after he was omitted from the team that beat Welsh minnows TNS on Tuesday in a Champions League qualifier.

Baros, whose career could also be further compromised by the signing of Peter Crouch from Southampton, watched the match on television.

The Czech international forward tried to play down the fact that he was not included with some speculating that the club did not want him cup tied - something that would reduce his transfer value.

"Of course, it is not pleasant, but I would not look for anything special behind it," Baros said.

"There is nothing to this. I am still a Liverpool player, I am working hard and I am trying to persuade the coach that I deserve my place in the team," Baros said.

Baros is expected to meet with his agent and Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry at the Swiss resort of Bad Ragaz next week.

"We will sit together with the coach (Rafael Benitez) and talk about his intentions with me," Baros added. "Until then nothing is worth saying."

"If he (Benitez) says he does not need me, then we will start solving the problem but nothing is happening now and I am not letting it play on my mind."

Quizzed further about transfer speculation he said: "Well, they (the press) have to write something, it is a part of the transfer window.

"I am not going to comment on this, there is nothing topical and there is no need to hurry anyway."

I don't know whether he will stay or go. Benitez is playing it safe by not playing in him the CL so he wouldn't be cup-tied just in case if somebody came with a good offer.

We'll see what happens.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:49 pm

He will definitely go.

Its only a question of how soon, to whom and for how much.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:51 pm

He's linked with West Ham and West Ham have confirmed that they're are interested in him. It seems that Valencia no longer need him[they signed Kluivert,Villa] and Lyon haven't made any bids in the past month or two.

I can't see any club offering good money for him.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:55 pm

Yeah ur right JBG its looking that way!I dont think hes part of Rafas plans and he doesnt score enough goals anyway!I think Crouch will do well for us!He hit 17 in a lesser team last season and he deserves a chance!Everyone is saying he aint worth 7million,lets discuss his worth at the end of the season!
66-1120597113

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:58 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:Yeah ur right JBG its looking that way!I dont think hes part of Rafas plans and he doesnt score enough goals anyway!I think Crouch will do well for us!He hit 17 in a lesser team last season and he deserves a chance!Everyone is saying he aint worth 7million,lets discuss his worth at the end of the season!

i agree barry and those 16 crouch got in the league came from only 24 starts, thats impressive by anyone`s standards.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:58 pm

A.B. wrote:He's linked with West Ham and West Ham have confirmed that they're are interested in him. It seems that Valencia no longer need him[they signed Kluivert,Villa] and Lyon haven't made any bids in the past month or two.

I can't see any club offering good money for him.

Well why would any vlub want to offer good money for him, he can leave for free at the end of the season when his contract expired. We wanted 8 mil for him and it scared off valencia and lyon because they didn't want to pay that much for a player whose contract expires in 12 months time. I can't see anyone coming in to be honest and if someone does it will be west ham and I can't see a newly promoted club wanting to pay 8 mil either so I think rafa will have to lower his valuation to something nearer 5 mil
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:11 pm

Well why would any vlub want to offer good money for him, he can leave for free at the end of the season when his contract expired.

his contract don't expire until next christmas, so we should get a good fee.  Lyon agreed a fee with us, but Baros turned them down....i think he'll end up there.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:13 pm

Well why would any vlub want to offer good money for him, he can leave for free at the end of the season when his contract expired.

He has two years left on his contract
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:17 pm

Benitez said last night live on television after the TNS game that if an offer came in for him, he would consider it.

The writing is on the wall for Baros.  He will be sold if the right bid comes in.  He is obviously not in Rafa's plans.
jonnymac1979

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:25 pm

The writing is on the wall for Baros.  He will be sold if the right bid comes in.  He is obviously not in Rafa's plans.

hardly surprising after he ran off to the newspapers everytime he got dropped.  But what really turned me off Baros was when he was talking about leaving last season.  Anyone remember when Baros was top European scorer and was being mooted with a move to Barca?  Baros sure showed his loyalties.

"My first dream is done. But you can't be with Liverpool for 10 or 12 years. That doesn't happen in football. You change a club. You will leave. Everyone changes a club in his career."

so when he is doing well, he talks about leaving, when he is doing bad he talks about leaving.....guess what Milan, you ARE leaving  :D
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:30 pm

I am sure benitez would consider any offer for any player, just how seriously is another question. I think if we don't sell him he will play well because he knows he is under threat and knows if he wants to play for a class club, he better give a 100% so teams like West Ham aren't in the front running (no offense, I am sure he wants to play for a better club) hopefully he will play well for us so we get the most out of him, and we can sell him for alot next summer.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby neil » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:33 pm

thing is,this guy requires 1st team action leading up to the world cup(same as owen) if there is any doubt this will happen with us and obviously there is,he may move on. However, World cups are priceless to footballers and Milan Baros will move hell and high water to achieve regular top flight footy this season,whether that be with us(by playing excellent football and being perfect pro) or another champs league team.Rafa is fully aware of this and plays the situation correctly.Happy days
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:34 pm

He doesn't exactly have competition up front in the Czech Republic, who would take his place if he didn't play regular footie?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:35 pm

he will play well for us so we get the most out of him, and we can sell him for alot next summer.

i very much doubt it.  Rafa won't offer him a new contract and there is no way he'll allow him to run down his contract.

Milan is the personification of Liverpool Fc in  recent years...inconsistent!
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:43 pm

I like how you cut out "hopefully"
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion