Baros bid accepted

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:43 pm

Aston Villa have called a press conference for 3:30pm where they will unveil new signing Milan Baros.

The Villans have been in protracted talks to land the Czech Republic international and have announced that a £6.5 million pound deal for the striker has been completed.

Baros has already indicated that he is relishing the prospect of playing for Villa, whilst David O'Leary will be delighted to have signed such a high profile marksman.

O'Leary had asked for patience after the sale of Darius Vassell to Manchester City this summer, and has now brought in a big name in world football.

Baros has never quite replicated his international form at club level in England, but will be keen to show that topping the goalscorer charts at Euro 2004 was no fluke.

The Czech star has put pen to paper on a four-year deal with Villa, and could make his debut against Blackburn at Villa Park on Saturday.

Stay logged on to skysports.com this afternoon as we bring coverage from that press conference and all the aftermath.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:56 pm

passmeistro_#14 wrote:Aston Villa have called a press conference for 3:30pm where they will unveil new signing Milan Baros.

The Villans have been in protracted talks to land the Czech Republic international and have announced that a £6.5 million pound deal for the striker has been completed.

Baros has already indicated that he is relishing the prospect of playing for Villa, whilst David O'Leary will be delighted to have signed such a high profile marksman.

O'Leary had asked for patience after the sale of Darius Vassell to Manchester City this summer, and has now brought in a big name in world football.

Baros has never quite replicated his international form at club level in England, but will be keen to show that topping the goalscorer charts at Euro 2004 was no fluke.

The Czech star has put pen to paper on a four-year deal with Villa, and could make his debut against Blackburn at Villa Park on Saturday.

Stay logged on to skysports.com this afternoon as we bring coverage from that press conference and all the aftermath.

Cheers for telling us this, thinkin about it I've already posted it on page 4 over an hour ago  :;):  :rasp
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:56 pm

Everyon feel free to post it again :p

Aston Villa have called a press conference for 3:30pm to announce the signing of Milan Baros.

The Villans have been in protracted talks to land the Czech Republic international and have finally agreed terms on a multi-million pound deal.

Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafas Amigo » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:57 pm

Thanks Milan all the best
JAMIE '  ILL STAY TILL THE CLUB DOSENT WANT ME  ' CARRAGHER
Rafas Amigo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsforever » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:01 pm

Thanks milan goodluck.... Welcome back michael!
The rafalution begins.. Happy Days!!
redsforever

Postby H_K_LFC » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:04 pm

gd player milan.....he'll do well at villa
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:10 pm

apparently he walked into the press conference and walked straight past the chairman,which upset Doug Ellis but they soon shook hands,after it was pointed out to Milan you dont do that,as he pays the wages.
They had better get use to that ....must have had his head down again..... :D
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsforever » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:12 pm

:D hahaha:laugh:
The rafalution begins.. Happy Days!!
redsforever

Postby tubby » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:13 pm

It was nice to see the fans still give himam good reception when he came on against Sunderland at the weekend. I think he is one player who wont be treated badly by fans when the meet again.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:24 pm

milan
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:24 pm

baros
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dimshen » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:29 pm

He's gone... now a whole other group of people get to hate him....i miss it already
Dimshen

Postby alvin98 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:37 pm

does that telling us that Lpool is now a slow & boring team?? they don't need fast player??? i hate to see them playing so defensive..:angry:
alvin98

Postby A.B. » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:40 pm

does that telling us that Lpool is now a slow & boring team?? they don't need fast player??? i hate to see them playing so defensive..:angry:

What the feck are you on about?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:45 pm

best ignored I think AB. I've read all 3 of his posts and they are rubbish of the highest order.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion