Baros bid accepted

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:28 am

Chelsea forever. wrote:
So you come onto the forum to share your input and opinion fair enough ,but most of the time it is done in a negative or an antaginising (spelling) Manner.Which i have to be honest p!sses me off a little.Your response will be dont read it then,but i wont to browse through and read different topics from Liverpool supporters it doesnt matter if they maybe a little negative because im in the same boat as the ,your not.

In what way is this post negetive? Are you saying its ok for Liverpool fans on this forum to speak negetive things, but if a visiting fan comes he must only speak positive and must only talk of the good things at the club - even if things are not going right?

So to read your posts on how you think MY team should play peeves me off a bit.

Its just my personl opinion. I am not saying that its right, im just voicing my thoughts.

You said Liverpool have looked "OK",that maybe true but wasnt it you who said you thought Stevie G had peaked to early.Well isnt that a good thing then if we are only playing ok at the moment ,so we dont "peak to early"

The league is only 2 games old. If a team comes out all guns blazing then there is a fair chance they might fade out in the last few games/months. So, that way its good that you have been only 'OK' and that we too have been only 'OK". IMO Gerrard has been amazing (apart from missing a few chances, which is ok). My only thought was if he has come out so fresh and powerful its going to be a mighty tough task for him to keep that up all season - im not saying he cant/wont - .

In most of your posts i also notice that you seem to have a slight chip on you block where MO is concerned comments like he aint coming back,Rafa dont want him and he wouldnt suit your style of play.
Again it is very negative feedback from someone who is quick to pull those comments out of his .Which leaves me to believe it concerns you that Liverpool could sign him.
Mind you if i were a blue Russian it would concern me too,especially as our own strikeforce have question marks hanging over there heads.
Maybe i detect a bit of jealousy from your posts especially the  MO ones because deep down you know he is better and more prolific than any of the strikers you have.

I am least concerned about MO. I was just saying that he will not fit into the 4-5-1 system as he is not your typical lone forward, I have always said that personally I would be happy if he came back. If your asking weather I think he might be a threat to my club and I am scared that he might return, then - (1) No I am not scared, (2) I think it will be good for US, YUU, HIM and the EPL if he returns as competition and flare is always exciting.

Deep down inside I dont think MO is 'better and more prolific' than Hernan Crespo. And I would have said that even if MO was playing for Real Madrid and Crespo for AC. Milan.

CF You forgot about one thing,you forgot to answer/ quote my first paragraph ??
66-1112520797

Postby Chelsea forever. » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:53 am

Heres mine,i find it funny how Chelsea win the league for the first time in God knows how long  and now all there supporters think they are a big club.
Also it seems that there supporters have come out of the woodwork thinking they know everything about the game and how other teams should or need to play.
Have you recently joined the forum because you won the league ?

Saw only statements there, no real questions, but since you point it out i shall gladly oblige.

We are a big club because we have big name players, we have a top manager, a lot of fans, we have the current best record in the EPL history (since history is what seems to matter to you)

-most wins
-most consecutive away wins
-least goals conceded -- ever
-most minutes without conceding a goal
-most clean sheets
-most total points
-not more than 2 goals conceded last season
-best defensive record in Europe.

I can say that we have achieved in ONE season what no other club has achieved ever. We in ONE season beat all the records which were previously set by MANU. And our future is only going to get brighter.

Our past might not be as bright as yours, but our future certainly has a lot in it. So if this falls better on  you ears "We will be one of the biggest clubs in the near future". -- for me , we are already one of the biggest clubs in the world.

As for supporters thinking they know everything - on what basis do you make this statement?

Have i joined this forum because I won the league?
No I joined this forum to congratulate you on your win over us and to wish you luck in the final - if you care to track back and check my first ever post.
Chelsea forever.

Postby Chelsea forever. » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:57 am

I can also see you have not answered/responded to any of my questions/points. But thats quite alright.

Cheers.
Chelsea forever.

Postby gary106 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:04 am

listen 'chelsea forvever' bum, you may of done all that in one season but that doesnt make you great. as a banner in istanbul read "form is temporary and class is permanent"

lets go back to the original topic without letting this fool spoil every topic in this forum, and bringing everything back about his team.

i think for the money we paid and got back and goals etc, it was not that bad business in all fairness. i do wish him well as he has always worked hard and not just sat and picked up his 50k a week. although with a striker gone that leaves us with 3 first team strikers, and we NEED four imo.
admittadly (sp) we need a right player and CB cover but with just 3 strikers, imagine if ones injured, then theres no-one to bring on then what if one gets suspended? unless we play 5 in midfield all the time, which i woulnt like to see, but im sure rafa know' what he's doing, and i hope that is negotiating a deal for MO
gary106

Postby Chelsea forever. » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:18 am

If I may ask you, why are you a big cluB?

Because you won a lot of things inthe 80's? What after that?

You are a big club because you have a large fan base, a top manager, top players, a glorious past and a bright future.

Our past might not be as great as yours, but our future is great and be assured that 10 years from now we will have a great past.

I will step back from this topic from here on.

Infact, I think I will step back from this forum and probably visit next on Oct2nd when we play you.

I really did not want my posts to have any ill meaning to anyone on the forum or any player of the club. If I have offended a few people on here then that was not my intention and I should apologize. A lot of nasty things have been said to me, about my club, players, manager and to me personally - I have been very patient and not responded to most of it. I really dont need to hear any more of it as I have come to a conclusion that only a few here are willing to debate and talk with reason - others dont give a fu.ck and say whatever they want.

I have enjoyed my stay and Id like to thank a few here for the good posts - yall know who you are.

Chelsea Forever.

Cheers
Chelsea forever.

Postby drummerphil » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:29 am

When Blackburn won the league....i,m sure they  didnt think "they are a big club"
the difference is you have a billionaire suger daddy.HISTORY,denotes a big club.If anything based on HISTORY  Spurs are much bigger than you guys
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:35 am

oh and by the way.......please look at our 70,s  record....it pisses me off when people mention "just the 80,s"
especially our european cup wins in 77 and 78
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:36 am

drummerphil wrote:When Blackburn won the league....i,m sure they  didnt think "they are a big club"
the difference is you have a billionaire suger daddy.HISTORY,denotes a big club.If anything based on HISTORY  Spurs are much bigger than you guys

Even the bitters have won more than Chelsea :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Siddy454 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:53 am

Cheers for the goals milan
1892 - 2005 - Liverpool F.C

18 League Titles
6 F.A Cups
7 League Cups                         
5 European Cups
3 UEFA Cups
3 European Super Cups
1 Super Cup
14 Charity Shields
Y.N.W.A
Siddy454

Postby xd3vilx » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:07 pm

Agree with ChelseaForever...Chelsea do have many fans...wait a second i mean fake fans...i don't know do that happen in your country well but it do happen in Singapore...last year when arsenal win the league...i can see many "arsenal fan" in the street but now i could see many "chelsea fan" in the street...many fans...yupe totally agree...
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *R*E*D*S* » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:35 pm

Cheers for the goals milan

lol, bout time someone popped in and actually said summot about the topic!!! 

good luck milan!
YoU'll NeVeR WaLk aLoNe...
*R*E*D*S*

Postby Starbridge42 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:46 pm

I agree with Chelsea Forever on everything apart from Chelsea being a big club.  Everything else he said is true, his comments about Liverpool are what LIVERPOOL fans have been saying on this forum as well and his comments about his post not being offensive are exactly wat i was thinking when i read your critiscm.

Like I said the only point I disagree with him on is Chelsea being a big club, however he's right in that if Abromovich does stick around then in 10 years they will be a big club.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:33 pm

Chelsea are not yet "a great club". They may become this, but to say that you are already a great club, is a little premature. Records do not make you a great club, at least not the little ones like least goals conceeded and most scored. Liverpool are a great club because we had character, we built footballing dynasties and we achieved so many great things. A league cup and 1 EPL does not make you great. Our past is filled with players like King Kenny, Crazy Horse, Hansen, Lawrenson, Souness, Barnes, Rush, Fowler, Aldo, Keegan and many others who have all become legends and along with managers like Shanks and Paisley they created footballing forces that conquered all that stood in their way. We have survived tragedies, been discriminated against and still we won more than any other team in this country and still we do not rest even though this should be our 39th (or is it 40th) season in a row finishing in the top ten. We've seen the Villas and the forrests and the blackburns and the Mancs and many others come and go over the years, don't think that you or Arsenal are any different. We are a great team known throughout the world in Asia, Africa, the Americas, Australasia, Europe of course and I dare say that there are a few penguins on Antarctica that have got the new away kit and are complaining about the crest.

And on that day back in eighteen hundred and frozen stiff, those Scotsmen who came to play for a little team in Red in the heart of Liverpool didn't have money, or backing or any real help. All they had was a club. And over the years that club grew and grew and grew and became a giant of football where the players trained for 120 minute matches, were payed what they earned and never gave up and they all became the best. Rivals used to hear the name Anfield and break down, knowing that they would have to step into a stadium that produced winners, year after year after year. This is Anfield, this is Liverpool and we ARE the greatest team that the world has EVER seen.

Now I have no problem with you posting on this site as long as you stick to all the ground rules that we all stick to. But I do have a problem with you calling Chelsea a "Great" team. You have a good team, probably the best going at the moment. But great? Win another ten leagues and a three European Cups, and we'll discuss it, because even then, you ain't got nothing on us.
As for anyone else that has a problem with a Chelsea fan being on here: Grow Up! If some people spent a little less time worrying about other clubs, and a little more time focusing some good energy on our own, we might have a bit more luck. Even the Kop's been sounding a bit quiet recently. What's up with that?
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Houllier=LFC » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:45 pm

Nah ChelseaForever you are a pool fan, u gonna come back secretly.  :laugh:
Houllier=LFC

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 pm

baros to be unveiled as a villa player at a press conference at 3.30.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion