Baros bid accepted

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dosserboy » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:44 pm

Luis Garcia wrote:Its a sad day for LFC, and the first sign that Rafa makes the odd mistake. because this is surely one of them..

He is arguably one of our best strikers, pacey and works hard.

Morientes has no pace, lazy and aint gonna score a load. Just like Cisse and Crouch the slouch.

Next time we see Baros play, will in that Yakky Burgundy Villa kit, that makes you want to puke.

Shame on you Rafa.

13 goals though mate, for a striker in a top four team in the prem its not enough!
dosserboy

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:19 pm

milan baros described his negotiations with villa thus:

"we agreed terms at the first meeting. i told them my idea about the amount and they increased it."

good to see villa taking a leaf out of the peter ridsdale book of hard bargaining. :D

however negotiations are said to have stalled over baros' demand for a new set of teeth after rafa benitez said his daughter's pony wants them back. :laugh:
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Luis Garcia » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:05 am

No is the question does Rafa replace him, or is he just cutting down the 6 strikers we had? he has a few days to decide.
Luis Garcia

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:18 am

"we agreed terms at the first meeting. i told them my idea about the amount and they increased it".

:laugh:  :D  :laugh:

Bye Milan.

When you get to Aston Villa, slap Doug Ellis on his :censored: and say "Villa Park is :censored: compared to Anfield".

That will endear you to him.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:03 am

Villa fans are celebrating as if they won the title! :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby alvin98 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:38 am

what a waste..hope he will score when playing against Lpool. Think rafa is another waste of time, playing 1 striker upfront is not the traditional style Lpool used to play. Don't really like to watch them playing, so boring...:angry:
alvin98

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:01 am

A.B. wrote:
we better bring in someone soon. our forwards are shooting blanks at the moment.

After two games ffs. Imagine if we signed Owen and he doesn't score in the games he plays in, should we sell him then too?

it was proved last two seasons that any team cannot really afford to go a few games without getting results. ok we had one draw and one win, but to be honest it just have easily been two draws as sunderland had a few chances.

you seem to have this idea (from other threads also) that it is ok to not perform at the start of the season, but thats not the case anymore. if we want to win the league we have to perform every game. the fact is the first two games this season we have underperformed and im my opinion are lucky to have 4 points.

dont you dare say i am disloyal for having this opinion, i am stating a fact that we need to start performing better and we need someone clinical in front of goal. dont forget we have now played 7 competitive matches this season, the two in the premier league are not championship winning standard. we should be ahead of others for competitive edge, we should be attacking and putting teams on the back foot,i sometimes wonder if we like to minimise our attacks as we dont have the forwards to put the ball away.

people have opinions AB and i am sure even you must realise that its not good enough anymore to perform poorly every week and win the title. we need some momentum and we only get that by winning and winning in a good manner. i hate the attitude  'its ok, we will do better next time', it seems some of the team are still carrying that attitude. i hate the 'lets not lose' mentality when we should have a 'win' mentality.

we are european champions ffs
112-1077774096

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:06 am

Luis Garcia wrote:Its a sad day for LFC, and the first sign that Rafa makes the odd mistake. because this is surely one of them..

He is arguably one of our best strikers, pacey and works hard.

Morientes has no pace, lazy and aint gonna score a load. Just like Cisse and Crouch the slouch.

Next time we see Baros play, will in that Yakky Burgundy Villa kit, that makes you want to puke.

Shame on you Rafa.

F#CK OFF C#NT   :angry:
66-1112520797

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:08 am

peewee wrote:
A.B. wrote:
we better bring in someone soon. our forwards are shooting blanks at the moment.

After two games ffs. Imagine if we signed Owen and he doesn't score in the games he plays in, should we sell him then too?

it was proved last two seasons that any team cannot really afford to go a few games without getting results. ok we had one draw and one win, but to be honest it just have easily been two draws as sunderland had a few chances.

you seem to have this idea (from other threads also) that it is ok to not perform at the start of the season, but thats not the case anymore. if we want to win the league we have to perform every game. the fact is the first two games this season we have underperformed and im my opinion are lucky to have 4 points.

dont you dare say i am disloyal for having this opinion, i am stating a fact that we need to start performing better and we need someone clinical in front of goal. dont forget we have now played 7 competitive matches this season, the two in the premier league are not championship winning standard. we should be ahead of others for competitive edge, we should be attacking and putting teams on the back foot,i sometimes wonder if we like to minimise our attacks as we dont have the forwards to put the ball away.

people have opinions AB and i am sure even you must realise that its not good enough anymore to perform poorly every week and win the title. we need some momentum and we only get that by winning and winning in a good manner. i hate the attitude  'its ok, we will do better next time', it seems some of the team are still carrying that attitude. i hate the 'lets not lose' mentality when we should have a 'win' mentality.

we are european champions ffs

Now thats a better post.  :)
66-1112520797

Postby Chelsea forever. » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:30 am

Baros is out and Im not sure if it’s a good decision or a bad one.

Fernando isn’t going to cut the cake – im not going to state reasons as I have before in a lot of threads.

Cisse will score goals if played in the right position and with the right service – no doubt about that.

Crouch is a half season wonder. It is yet to see if he can produce the goods at a high level playing for a big club.

If you get Owen you have a natural goal scorer, again I don’t think he will fit the 4-5-1 and most def. he will need a big man to play of – Fernando | Cisse.

The thing is, to win the league you have to go virtually unbeaten. Arsenal did that 2 seasons ago and we lost only once. Times have changed and it is more competitive than ever. None of the big clubs Arsenal, Manu, US, Liverpool and even Spurs will be thinking of a loss.

Arsenal have already lost to us and frankly I think that’s only the beginning of their problems. I think they made a HUGE mistake in selling Viera and are going to suffer big time. Fabregas is a class player, no doubt. But he is young and inexperienced, he cannot be a General in MF and command the play. Neither can Gilberto as he was out all last season and has just returned to the side. Pires is playing in, sometimes out, sometimes central – all this chopping and changing is something he isn’t used to and its going to affect his performance. Ljunberg and Sol are injured. Reyes is a light weight and once they play Manu he will be out for 6 months. Henry will score 15 less goals. He has been dropping deep to command play as the MF cannot. He knows he has to conduct the orchestra and that is just added pressure on him. Hleb looks a great player, but he alone cannot win them games. Van Persie is a sore loser c*nt and will get red carded for his freak lashes at players soon. I think they will have a poor season by their standards. Teams like Bolton, Blackburn and Everton will prove tough opposition, and I think Spurs (with the squad they have now) will take sweet revenge too.

Manu have looked very good. They might not have deserved to win the first game 2-0 but they did deserve a victory. IMO they look hungriest of the lot. They are eager to get on with it and I don’t think they will loose as many games this time around. However – they might have peaked a tad too early and towards the end might burn out.

Spurs are the surprise package this year. They might pull of an Everton or even better. They look strong, quick and have a good passing to their play. I think they have improved leaps and bounds under Jol and they really can afford to aim for the moon.

Liverpool have looked ‘Ok’. Gerrard has come out flying and I think he might have peaked just a tad bit early. Anyway im sure good form at any stage of the league is always welcome. I think your main problems lie in attack. There is no creativity and Garcia has looked completely out of sorts (sorry that’s my opinion). Zended has looked much better than Garcia but he needs to up his game. Alonso, Sisoko and Gerrard look tough, but those 3 alone with Carra wont be enough for every game of the League. Fernando is not the right target man if you ask me. He has always played alongside Raul or Ronaldo and even at Monaco had a strike partner. I don’t think he can do what is expected of a lone forward (like what Drogba does – which is everything but score a goal). Cisse is still playing wide right and he cant really contribute anything to the game from there. Crouch is injured and IMHO I don’t expect anything of him at all – maybe a few goals here n there. I guess what im trying to say is (1) Garcia needs to get back on track as he is the key player to the attack (2) a right midfielder has to be sorted  before the window (3) a striker must replace the departed Baros if Rafa wants all those chances to be finished (4) IMO a formation change is due. ---- im sure these points are just a repetition of peoples thoughts on there.

Im not going to talk about Chelsea for reasons best kept to myself.

I agree with some posts on this thread – one cannot say its ok to have a silly game and come away with a lucky win. If a top 2 is what’s wanted then its going to be very difficult and the players will have to go into each game with a winning mentality as opposed to a cagy approach ala ‘we should not loose this game if we want to be top’.

Chelsea Forever.
Chelsea forever.

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:08 am

Thats your opinion Chelsea forever.

Heres mine,i find it funny how Chelsea win the league for the first time in God knows how long  and now all there supporters think they are a big club.
Also it seems that there supporters have come out of the woodwork thinking they know everything about the game and how other teams should or need to play.
Have you recently joined the forum because you won the league ?

So you come onto the forum to share your input and opinion fair enough ,but most of the time it is done in a negative or an antaginising (spelling) Manner.Which i have to be honest p!sses me off a little.Your response will be dont read it then,but i wont to browse through and read different topics from Liverpool supporters it doesnt matter if they maybe a little negative because im in the same boat as the ,your not.
So to read your posts on how you think MY team should play peeves me off a bit.

You said Liverpool have looked "OK",that maybe true but wasnt it you who said you thought Stevie G had peaked to early.Well isnt that a good thing then if we are only playing ok at the moment ,so we dont "peak to early"

In most of your posts i also notice that you seem to have a slight chip on you block where MO is concerned comments like he aint coming back,Rafa dont want him and he wouldnt suit your style of play.
Again it is very negative feedback from someone who is quick to pull those comments out of his :censored:.Which leaves me to believe it concerns you that Liverpool could sign him.
Mind you if i were a blue Russian it would concern me too,especially as our own strikeforce have question marks hanging over there heads.
Maybe i detect a bit of jealousy from your posts especially the  MO ones because deep down you know he is better and more prolific than any of the strikers you have.
66-1112520797

Postby Chelsea forever. » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:21 am

So you come onto the forum to share your input and opinion fair enough ,but most of the time it is done in a negative or an antaginising (spelling) Manner.Which i have to be honest p!sses me off a little.Your response will be dont read it then,but i wont to browse through and read different topics from Liverpool supporters it doesnt matter if they maybe a little negative because im in the same boat as the ,your not.

In what way is this post negetive? Are you saying its ok for Liverpool fans on this forum to speak negetive things, but if a visiting fan comes he must only speak positive and must only talk of the good things at the club - even if things are not going right?

So to read your posts on how you think MY team should play peeves me off a bit.

Its just my personl opinion. I am not saying that its right, im just voicing my thoughts.

You said Liverpool have looked "OK",that maybe true but wasnt it you who said you thought Stevie G had peaked to early.Well isnt that a good thing then if we are only playing ok at the moment ,so we dont "peak to early"

The league is only 2 games old. If a team comes out all guns blazing then there is a fair chance they might fade out in the last few games/months. So, that way its good that you have been only 'OK' and that we too have been only 'OK". IMO Gerrard has been amazing (apart from missing a few chances, which is ok). My only thought was if he has come out so fresh and powerful its going to be a mighty tough task for him to keep that up all season - im not saying he cant/wont - .

In most of your posts i also notice that you seem to have a slight chip on you block where MO is concerned comments like he aint coming back,Rafa dont want him and he wouldnt suit your style of play.
Again it is very negative feedback from someone who is quick to pull those comments out of his .Which leaves me to believe it concerns you that Liverpool could sign him.
Mind you if i were a blue Russian it would concern me too,especially as our own strikeforce have question marks hanging over there heads.
Maybe i detect a bit of jealousy from your posts especially the  MO ones because deep down you know he is better and more prolific than any of the strikers you have.

I am least concerned about MO. I was just saying that he will not fit into the 4-5-1 system as he is not your typical lone forward, I have always said that personally I would be happy if he came back. If your asking weather I think he might be a threat to my club and I am scared that he might return, then - (1) No I am not scared, (2) I think it will be good for US, YUU, HIM and the EPL if he returns as competition and flare is always exciting.

Deep down inside I dont think MO is 'better and more prolific' than Hernan Crespo. And I would have said that even if MO was playing for Real Madrid and Crespo for AC. Milan.
Chelsea forever.

Postby begintoend » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:33 am

I can only say that the sale would be good for the purchase of a centre back or right winger.
It will never be right if it is for another striker.

Baros has done well and can only be better. He will still be the striker that gets goals and wreck the defence.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:58 am

For me, Baros has not done enough despite being the main striker for us for an extended spell last season. 13 goals is not a return required of a striker playing for a top club, unless his other colleagues come up with their fair share.

It is different at Chelski where Drogba is played as the lone striker who not only pressures the opposing defense but does his fair share in defensive duties. His physical presence and play creates openings for the likes of Lampard, Gudjonson, Robben, Duff etc. Drogba is not a failure because he succeeded in helping the team on an overall basis.

Milan Baros, while not quite a failure has been really disappointing.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:17 am

No losers in this situation as far as im concerned, Baros has made it clear he wanted a move.
For what we paid for him , the goals we got from him and the price we sold him at, its  a win win situation
Best of luck Milan except against us and now lets see a quality CD arrive
Last edited by laza on Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion