Baros bid accepted

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:44 pm

I thought Baros was at least as good as any other forward we have on the books rights now. Seems to me that Rafa is just looking to raise cash whoever he sacrifices in the forward line. Dont think hes that struck with any of them, Crouch excluded. I should think any bid for Morientes or Cisse will also be given serious thought at present. Im all for selling if you are bringing a better player in as a replacements so heres hoping thats what happens here. If Stelios is the start then Im edgy lol  :;):
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby drummerphil » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:51 pm

Makes you wonder if the Solano situation is dead.Salano has said he wants to come,and O'leary has said he only wants players who are committed to Villa
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:29 pm

Let's hope we do a 'Welcome Dirk' real soon...
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_indian » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:31 pm

for the life of me i still don't understand we he would choose villa over lyon, well the Houllier thing is the only reason. Otherwise if he really has ambitions to play in La Liga and for Barcelona one day then i'd have thought he would be much better off playing in the champions league every season and with a talented set of players around him. How many players have any of the top spanish teams ever bought from second rate prem sides - Gravesen is the only one i can think of (may be Woodgate if you want to put N'castle in that camp)

he's only 23 but think he's just made a mistake in choice of club, does not fit with hit suggestion that he remains ambitious. Wish him all the best though as he was our only fit striker for most of last year and am sure even though the goals/game stats don't add up too much we may not have achieved what we did without him. Good luck Milan, but please keep up your knack of not scoring at Anfield!
red_indian

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:13 am

me too.im hoping that he won't score against us.but i think our defenders are capable of stopping him  :buttrock
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:43 am

bavlondon wrote:I think he is one player who wont be treated badly by fans when the meet again.

i havent seen any of our ex players get treated badly by our fans or am i mistaken
112-1077774096

Postby azriahmad » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:01 am

or an ex-manager who overspent on "prospects" and play them out of position... :D
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:40 am

Chelsea forever. wrote:ACE 1983 -

I appreciate the well thought out post.

Now I have no problem with you posting on this site as long as you stick to all the ground rules that we all stick to. But I do have a problem with you calling Chelsea a "Great" team. You have a good team, probably the best going at the moment. But great? Win another ten leagues and a three European Cups, and we'll discuss it, because even then, you ain't got nothing on us.

If you read my posts on this thread, I have not once said 'Great', I have said 'Big'.

I agree you need super players, tradition, lots of silverware, fans, and amazing European nights to be a great club.

We have had 'great' players in Zola, Dessali, Deshamps, Flo, Terry - to name a few. We have had 'great' European nights Barca home this time and a few seasons ago, Munich home to name a few. We have 'great' fans and tradition in our own way which we understand. We might not be able to match the silverware ... but Im sure we can in due time.

Back to the point - never did i say 'Great' Club i said 'Big' Club.

It's the same thing. Great and Big are synonyms of each other. Go to Microsoft Word, click on Tools and open your thesaurus. Type in Great and it will be replaced by it's synonyms which are huge, immense, enormous, vast, large, grand, tiny (antonym) and BIG! You cannot be a considered a big club without being a great club. Look at all the other clubs in the first two pots of the CL. The likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter, AC, Juve, Bayern Munich, Man Ure, Arsenal and of course, Liverpool. They are big because of their illustrious histories, their perpetual success, their unique characters and all of the legends that they are associated with. Chelsea is called a "big club" because, at present you are one of the handful of teams that can actually win this league, you are in the CL and you won two medals last season. These things do not a legend make. But, if Roman keeps the cash coming, and Jose keeps winning and the players don't all revolt, you have every chance of making this your decade and becoming a BIG club. And good luck to you.

And by the way, if those players are your deffinition of "Great", I think you should look up "Great" in the dictionary as well.  :D

On a more serious note, I will miss Milan Baros and I hope Rafa does get a good replacement. I really don't want to see him score against us though. Just as long as he doesn't start looking up, well be ok!  :D
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:49 am

here here
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion