Back to basics

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:18 am

Where to start? The whole set up yesterday was wrong from the minute the team sheet came out.  Kenny & Clarke are responsible for that debacle make no mistake about it.
From playing Skrtel RB against Bale not starting kuyt to give Skrtel some protection on the right and not bringing Kuyt on when Adam got sent off.

Starting Jordan Henderson on the right when the kid should be on the bench and should have been bedded into the team gradually not in the starting 11 every week.  The decision to play Carroll was another disaster when Bellamy is on the bench.

Dont get me wrong I like Carroll and was delighted when we bought him (price tag aside) but we are making a mockery out of him, he recieves zero service from the midfielders.  You get Carra's little hop and skip then the big fucking hoof which results in the ball either going out of play or giving it straight back to the opposition.  Last week against Stoke yesterday against Spurs, Rafa called it right with Carragher and he threw a hissy fit and said he would leave for bolton rather than sit on the bench for us.

And dont get me started on that bumper contract he got from Purslow the night before NESV took over  :no he is stopping the progress of Kelly becoming a CH and if we would have got Phil Jones I bet he would have taken Skrtel or Aggers place rather than Tw@t you with a pounds place.

Lets see if Kenny is ruthless enough to put this fella on the bench he has cost us goals in 4 games this season already with his lack of pace and roars at everyone else like its their fault when its his and captain material? Do me a favour.......

Ofcourse he is not solely to blame for yesterdays disaster but he played  part in it with the 4th goal.

Summer signings? Henderson I really dont see why we had to buy him, Aqualini wanted to stay and Meirelles would have stayed if he had got a pay rise like he was promised.  Both better players technically than Henderson I know he is young but 16 million? He is also no right winger just why he continues being played there is anyones guess.  What is his best position? I dont know, maybe he should be eased into the team so he is not under pressure because playing him every week without him earning it questions will be asked as to why?

Adam looks over weight and slow got a sweet left foot on him but by god he really isnt mobile enough for our pass and move game he leaves us exposed for counter attacks.  I really thought in gerrards absence he would step up to the plate and grab the games by the scruff of the neck and drive us forward like he did at Blackpool I know its 5 games in but he really needs to be Charlie Adam again maybe its a case of small fish big pond.  But with Gerrard coming back
(Thank God) our current midfielders should be playing out of their skin to stop Gerrard waltzing back into the team.  But as it stands he can replace all 3 of them no bother.

Enrique & Downing have been excellent additions so the left side is stronger than its been in years, even though I was cautious about Downing him and Enrique look like they have played for us for years (yesterday apart) !!!

People will say you havent posted for months now you post for a moan, but we need to go back to basics that team that played so well at the end of last season well them players are still here and they need to be playing again until Carroll, Henderson & Adam find their feet.

If its not broken dont fix it right now it looks broken and needs fixing we need to find that winning formula again because the rot will set in if we dont.

Villas Boas isnt pulling any punches dropping Terry, Torres, Lampard & Drogba, Anelka or haulling them off for that matter he is 33 Kenny's in his 50's its time to show them who's boss and who ever is not doing it or putting in a shift needs to be benched who ever they are its time for him to get ruthless and get us back to our winning ways.

Its been 3 years since we have come from a goal behind away from home to win a game for one of the biggest clubs in the world full of internationals this is just not good enough !!!
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:39 am

Ciggy wrote: You get Carra's little hop and skip then the big fucking hoof

:D

totally agree with eveything.
roberto green

Postby roberto green » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:44 am

to be honest the total balance of the team looks wrong especially with Hendo, Adam and Lucas.
roberto green

Postby metalhead » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:08 pm

I don't get why we are making Carragher a scape goat, he really had no choice yesterday when we were down to 9 men.

Other than that, I kind of agree with the post, I still going to give the team till Christmas to see if KD/Comolli bought right in the summer
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby worcester_red » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:08 pm

The balance does look wrong but I still have faith. I think yesterday was just one of those days where everything goes wrong and at the same time the opposition have a blinder. We need to put that behind us, hope it gave everybody a reality check and needed boot up the :censored: and move on. I have seen so much encouraging play from Liverpool so far this season that I'm not really to worried....yet!
worcester_red

Postby burjennio » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:25 pm

Harsh on Carra IMO, he may not be the player he was but there was plenty of performances at the Lane yesterday that were worse than his. The two lads that got sent off for starters were dreadful, how many times did Skrtel get muscled off the ball or get caught out of position, and the both of them gave away possession so many times I nearly bit through my tongue in a blinding rage.
burjennio

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:50 pm

I dont agree MH & Burjennio he should have became back up two seasons ago, his legs have gone he is ok when we have to defend deep but when we push up he gets exposed look at what happened against Bolton even though the game was won.  He was to blame in the Stoke game they would never have won, gave away a pen against Exeter he is a liability and wouldnt get into the other top 6 teams as a regular.

Fergusson doesnt give two shits when your time is up its up !!!!

We should buy Cahill in January out with the old in with the new.

He gave this interview last week tell you all you need to know.

“Being a squad player is not enough,” he says. “I live for the fight. That is why I got tired of going to World Cups and qualifying games without being a part of the team.

“I did an interview the other day because it was the ten-year anniversary of the 5-1 defeat of Germany and the journalist asked if it was the greatest game I had ever played for England. But how could it be when I only played for ten minutes as a sub? I am not going to take credit for that.”

"Best part of my game is my passing"
  :Oo:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:56 pm

"Best part of my game is my passing"

:laugh:

I really hope hes being sarcastic there, because if hes not Stevie needs to show him the difference between a "pass" and a "hoof"
burjennio

Postby metalhead » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:59 pm

Err... Hoof is a pass :wwww  :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:59 pm

We do need to go back to basics but I won't be writing off the season just yet.

Carragher does need to phased out, that is clear.

Gerrard needs to come back and provide some leadership and direction. It'll be more interesting where Kenny plays him. He either drops Henderson or Adam and keeps the 4-4-2. Or drops Carroll and plays a 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 with Suarez up top with Gerrard behind.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:01 pm

carra isnt solely to blame but the "hop skip and a hoof" statement rings so true.he is waning and his time to be a bit part player is overdue.
as for the sendings off i thought they were harsh,no warnings just yellow cards and any other day and another ref would have called the players aside and warned them that they were on a yellow and to take it easy or they were off.simple as and we see it every week but yesterday no warnings just cards which was harsh imo.
skyrtel at rb is a problem and he should'nt be played there and that was obvious against stoke but yet again he was thrown in against bale and struggled from the 1st attack.i seriously doubt flanno could have done any worse and he prob should have been given a shot or at least replaced skyrtel before he got his marching orders.
big questions over the medical staff.last year kelly when playing at rb tweaked his hamstring in a european game on the thursday and was subbed then he was put back out the following game and ended up tearing it,same thing with johnson when he was thrown out last week when it was quite obvious he wasnt ready and now he's out for at least another month.will they do the same with gerrard?? i hope not.
at the moment the lack of pace in the midfield is frightening,none of them are creative offer little support to the front men and struggle to show any composure on the ball or any resistance to the opposition who seem to walk straight through them with ease.
some sort of balance does need to be found and quickly and whether kk needs to treat them as 13yr olds then so be it as a lot of our players looked very amateurish yesterday.
brighton next away in the cup and then wolves at home followed by the bitters away then manure at home will be a test for all involved.wolves and the bitters are a must win where as manure could very well hand us our ar$e on a plate and a very very humiliating defeat at home such is the tenacity they are playing with at the min.6pts from them games is a must.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby burjennio » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:36 pm

metalhead wrote:Err... Hoof is a pass :wwww  :laugh:

a pass is a controlled movement of the football from one team mate to the other MH. A hoof is what happens when you punt the ball as hard as you can in the direction of a red shirt and a pony tail and hope for the best!
burjennio

Postby Zidane » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:34 pm

Right now are biggest problem for me is how deep our backline is and you can pretty much put that down to Carra. If we didn't play that deep he'd get butchered week in week out.  His place in the team guarantees that we are always on the backfoot unless the opposition chooses not to attack or pressure us, he only crosses the halfway line on corners and when we are down with less than 10 minutes to go and need to score.  Our coaches and Kenny certainly see this?  The only time we look really good is when the oposing team decides to sit back, park the bus and let us play.. hopefully we can start doing it more often without the other teams playing the counter.

As for Henderson I still stand by saying that our right side has suffered greatly all season from the lack of support it is getting from the full backs.  Obviously due to injuries but you get my point.  Kenny isn't doing Hendo any favors right now he has him in a tough spot and is asking too much from him.  Like ciggy said Adam is a big liability right now, since we play so deep he's being asked to cover too much ground and with his pace it leaves too much space in the middle.  As for Andy, again we are playing too deep he in no way shape or form is the type of forward that benefits in any way from dropping deep to support the midfield.  He's someone that relies on possession in the final third that eventually lead to crosses and balls being put into the box.  This is something we don't seem to be doing consistenly enough, we're so wasteful in possession at times its sad.
Zidane

Postby zarababe » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:48 pm

Great post girl.. fire in the belly stuff.. mised yer posts.

I'm worried, Suarez might lose interest if he's the only one running around trying to make things happen ... :(
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:55 pm

We have 3 ordinary midfielders in Henderson, Adam and Lucas and this is our problem. Spurs have a decent midfield and tore us to ribbons in that area. Gerrard will make a difference but we are still short in there against the better Prem sides. You just have to match it man for man, Modric, Bale, Parker, all who would have played in our team yesterday. They didnt even start with Lennon. If we dont strengthen in there then we will continue to have problems no matter who is at the back or up front.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion