Back to basics

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby killerp » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:20 am

Ciggy wrote:Lets see if Kenny is ruthless enough to put this fella on the bench he has cost us goals in 4 games this season already with his lack of pace and roars at everyone else like its their fault when its his and captain material? Do me a favour.......

Yep.

If we want fourth spot, I doubt it will be with Carragher hoofing the ball out from the back. Bench him & put in Coates for the next game. What do we have to lose? we have already been humiliated in a way that I have never experienced before.
killerp

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:46 am

killerp wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Lets see if Kenny is ruthless enough to put this fella on the bench he has cost us goals in 4 games this season already with his lack of pace and roars at everyone else like its their fault when its his and captain material? Do me a favour.......

Yep.

If we want fourth spot, I doubt it will be with Carragher hoofing the ball out from the back. Bench him & put in Coates for the next game. What do we have to lose? we have already been humiliated in a way that I have never experienced before.

Your post makes no sense whatsoever.

Why are you linking our humilitation at Spurs to not fininshing fourth and Carragher hoofing the ball.

Carragher isn't the cause of the defeat, in fact not one of the goals can be attributed to a Carragher error.

The defeat was not one players fault, it was a collective team failing. I agree that Carragher is on his way out but he still is the most experienced centre back we have, Coates has to learnt he ropes of the league from someone!

If anything you play Carragher and Coates, then start to phase Carragher out with Agger or Skrtel.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:11 am

Kharhaz wrote::laugh:

this thread cracks me up.

One minute we are over the moon with everything, and a couple of defeats later we in serious trouble and need more signings ! :laugh:  All in a thread started by someone we havent seen when things were going well. Doom and gloom merchant thread? yeah, without a doubt.

So its ok to form an opinion after 3 games but not 5.........

:upside:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Octsky » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:48 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
killerp wrote:

Yep.

Why are you linking our humilitation at Spurs to not fininshing fourth and Carragher hoofing the ball.

Carragher isn't the cause of the defeat, in fact not one of the goals can be attributed to a Carragher error.

The defeat was not one players fault, it was a collective team failing. I agree that Carragher is on his way out but he still is the most experienced centre back we have, Coates has to learnt he ropes of the league from someone!

If anything you play Carragher and Coates, then start to phase Carragher out with Agger or Skrtel.

yeah, well said.

we win as a team, we lose as a team. end of.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:02 am

I agree with the back to basics sentiment.  This season, its hard to tell what way we're even set up.  One minute Downing will be on the left, then on the right with Kuyt on the left etc etc etc. 

Id like to see us just stick to a 4-5-1 when Gerrard returns for the time being, just to make ourselves a bit more solid.

Im happy enough with the new signings so far.  Enrique, Downing + Suarez are quality players that have improved our first 11.  Bellamy is a good player that can cover a couple of postions.  Hendo is showing some potential but shouldnt be in the first 11 yet.  Cant really comment on Coates.  Adam will be a better player if we go back to a midfield 3. 

The only player im concerned about is Carroll.  He doesnt seem to fit in with how we play.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:16 am

Reg wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:Ive calmed down a bit now

You're too emotional mate, you need to get in touch with your feminine side.....  :love:

I wanna know what love is
I want you to show me...
:down:
Thommo's perm

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:19 am

Thommo's perm wrote:Ive calmed down a bit now and having watched the game again we were very poor
No cohesion or fluidity. I have to confirm that KK got it wrong and we virtually handed them the game from the begining.
But. Just to put things into perspective, we werent battered by a great team. We were 1-0 down after 7 minutes, had a man sent off in the 28th minute, but spurs didnt score their second until after Skrtel got sent off and we were down to 9 men. Then they scored two more goals (68th and 93rd minute) against what was effectively a team that was there for the taking. We either defended very well or they werent good enough to score more.
I am disappointed with the manner we were beaten rather than the score and although Im not someone who moans about referees I have to say that the pr'ick who reffed yesterday was one of the worst Ive seen for a long time. Six yellows and two reds! Do me a Fu*king favour. He was a fussy, bitchy little gobsh'ite who was on an ego trip waving his little coloured cards for the hell of it. I bet he came in his shorts after he totted up his handywork.
W@nker of the highest order who shouldnt even be involved with kids leagues never mnd the PL
:angry:

Oh and just to add on to this Ive just been told that he was the ar'sehole who allowed the beachball goal against sunderland
Should never be in charge of our matches again
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby killerp » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:51 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
killerp wrote:

Yep.

I'm not attacking Carragher's performance alone out of the squad but more his style of play & wasteful passing/hoofing which he is infamous for. For every hoof he did in that game put more pressure on us because Spurs we just waiting for the ball to drop to their feet.At least players like Enrique tried to hold possession for longer than 5 seconds.

I would risk less experience for more speed & mobility. We can't possibly do worse than what happened at White Hart Lane now can we?
killerp

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:21 am

killerp wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:
killerp wrote:

Yep.

I'm not attacking Carragher's performance alone out of the squad but more his style of play & wasteful passing/hoofing which he is infamous for. For every hoof he did in that game put more pressure on us because Spurs we just waiting for the ball to drop to their feet.At least players like Enrique tried to hold possession for longer than 5 seconds.

I would risk less experience for more speed & mobility. We can't possibly do worse than what happened at White Hart Lane now can we?

We probably can't do worse than Spurs but we're hardly in free fall. The difference I see is the sensible fans see this as a blip and recognise the solid performances against Arsenal, Bolton and Stoke.

The less sensible ones (aka stupid) are behaving like we're in a desperate situation based on one result.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:35 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:We probably can't do worse than Spurs but we're hardly in free fall. The difference I see is the sensible fans see this as a blip and recognise the solid performances against Arsenal, Bolton and Stoke.

The less sensible ones (aka stupid) are behaving like we're in a desperate situation based on one result.

The worry is that we have lost twice in a row now
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:03 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:The difference I see is the sensible fans see this as a blip and recognise the solid performances against Arsenal, Bolton and Stoke.

Blips serve an important purpose focusing peoples minds and pushing them into making difficult decisions.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:00 pm

I still can't remember us starting a game so poorly for a long time which is the strangest thing. It was almost as if we just forgot all the basics which made the difference during the latter part of last season. We didn't close Spurs down with eleven men, let alone ten or nine. I know Spearing isn't the most gifted technical footballer but he's excellent at pressing the ball and needs to be used more, especially away from home. Him and Lucas formed an excellent partnership in the second half of last season, allowing our attacking players (Kuyt, Suarez and Maxi) to flourish.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:30 pm

I think most people here would agree that Henderson is one for the future, maybe the reason he has been getting so many games is because when Gerrard is fir he is going to play on the right, where Hendo has played most of his games.

Gerrard is auguably the best crosser of a ball we have got which means the appauling service we have been giving to Carroll will improve straight away.

Reina
Johnson  Carra Coates Enrique
            Lucas
   Gerrard  Adam  Downing
                   Suarez
              Carroll

Maybe?
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:37 pm

on a seperate point, I dont think things are so bad.

Sunderland at home - played amazing in the first half, look knackered in the 2nd - DRAW
Arsenal away - played well all game. WON
Bolton at home - Best performance for some time - WON
Stoke Away - just couldnt put the ball in the net, great posssion and use of the ball, silly mistake meant - DEFEAT
Spurs Away - worse start to a game I have seen for some time compounded by 2 sendings off - DEFEAT

Spurs was terrible, but it is the only game where we have been awful.  5 games in with a very new team which is still finding its feet.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby crazyhorse » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:on a seperate point, I dont think things are so bad.

Sunderland at home - played amazing in the first half, look knackered in the 2nd - DRAW
Arsenal away - played well all game. WON
Bolton at home - Best performance for some time - WON
Stoke Away - just couldnt put the ball in the net, great posssion and use of the ball, silly mistake meant - DEFEAT
Spurs Away - worse start to a game I have seen for some time compounded by 2 sendings off - DEFEAT

Spurs was terrible, but it is the only game where we have been awful.  5 games in with a very new team which is still finding its feet.

Sensible stuff that.

Several players bedding in, which in turn will cause issues with the current players getting used to a different style.

I have said it before, but we spent so long playing negative football in the past, reliant on Stevie for so long it will take time also to condition the lads to the new ways.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion