ATLETICO MADRID v LIVERPOOL - Wed. Oct. 22nd

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:40 pm

the game today is a lot more physically demanding than it used to be and also the players play a lot more games as well .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:41 pm

Judge wrote:bizzarre that we seemed to lose shape after the subs, and that we seemed to be hanging onto the game, when in the first half we were so authoritative!!

nonetheless, a good point and i think we wouldve taken that before the game.

finally, benayoun - wtf was he doing half the time - headless chicken running? :D

As far as I'm concerned that's that out the way and look ahead to the weekend. We could have lost and both teams would probably still finish top two, the key for me is whether Torres is fit for the weekend. The game for me was marred by offside decisions which make the game and result seem almost an aside. It's a difficult job, but when goals are given that were offside and goals ruled out that weren't, then it ruins the game (for me anyway)

Aren't all four English clubs now on seven points? With three games left that's pretty commanding position, needing at most six points to qualify but quite probably three will do
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:41 pm

Oh, does anyone have a link to the replay of that goal Forlan promised he'd score? :D
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:14 pm

Lee J wrote:
Judge wrote:calling someone a gobshi'te is out of order, especially when keane never spoke a word!!

maybe saying a useless type of shot, but not what you said

i think keane realised his mistake as soon as the ball passed. he knew that, we knew that, but keane aint a gobsh'ite  :no

definition: a gobsh'ite is someone who never shuts up saying stupid things (check your post out matey :D )

it's not just that though. It seems to be a trend lately of calling members of our team names. someone called Rafa a cnt, someone called Kuyt a usless wnkr, now someone calls Keane a gobsh!te cos he missed a scoring chance?? whats the world coming to Judge? this is our own team members  ffs.

and tonyeh, Keane is a member of the football team I support and I'll stick up for him just like I would if a evertonian or a manc fan started slating him - look after your own.

lets stop calling the players names - it's cr@p.

Oh please...just cos he's in a red shirt I can't call him a gobsh1te?

Don't be rediculous Lee.

I'll tell ya something, I say it paled in comparison to what Sammy Lee said to him.  :;):

I don't know where you're from Lee, but here in Ireland, "Gobsh1te" has far less resonance or umph than "Cünt", "Pr1ck" or "wänker" and I was kinda saying with a smile on my face (should have included a  :)  perhaps).

Anyway, I think you're being a tad over-sensitive.
tonyeh

Postby Owzat » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:23 pm

tonyeh wrote:Anyway, I think you're being a tad over-sensitive.

On here?!?!? Surely not  :laugh: Who gives a fook what anyone calls footballers on here, if all some of the sad winkers on here have to worry about is posting styles, typing errors and what people call footballers, then they really should get out more.

DISCLAIMER : I honestly believe (TIC) that we should all be nice to each other, call footballers by respectful titles ie Mr Keane Sir, and wax lyrical about how wonderful Liverpool FC is, how every performance was a masterful display and how every player deserves to play every game they are so special.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: *sits wondering how long each member will take to work out what TIC stands for*
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:27 pm

Tanzania Investment Centre?
tonyeh

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:56 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:TBH Burjennio I thought Riera did dive . The linesmen were sh'ite but the sh'ite decisions at least were not all one way.

There was definitely contact but he seemed to go down a bit too easily and obviously p!ssed the ref off in the process.  A bit more subtlety is required with those--try and stay on your feet and stumble a bit...that's often enough to signal that you were impeded but that you're not prepared simply to go to ground in a heap.  Refs will be more sympathetic in those situations, IMO.

It almost looked like he was going to dive anyway at that first swipe that missed, but then the atletico defender stuck out that other leg and caught him which really gave Riera the "license" (in his head) to go down.  The most disapointing thing is that Gerrard didn't just smack the ball that fell to him instead he really forced the refs hand by pointing to the incident and saying "are you going to call that" and the ref said, "no I'm gonna call THIS! Yellow BAM@!"
JoeTerp

Postby Judge » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:12 pm

Owzat wrote:
tonyeh wrote:Anyway, I think you're being a tad over-sensitive.

On here?!?!? Surely not  :laugh: Who gives a fook what anyone calls footballers on here, if all some of the sad winkers on here have to worry about is posting styles, typing errors and what people call footballers, then they really should get out more.

DISCLAIMER : I honestly believe (TIC) that we should all be nice to each other, call footballers by respectful titles ie Mr Keane Sir, and wax lyrical about how wonderful Liverpool FC is, how every performance was a masterful display and how every player deserves to play every game they are so special.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: *sits wondering how long each member will take to work out what TIC stands for*

TIC = The In Crowd
Last edited by Judge on Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:03 pm

tonyeh wrote:What he did was stupid...nothing less than.

He's a guy looking for goals at the moment and gets a wonderful pass from Gerrard and a chance to knock one in and he tries to be fancy for no reason.

The goal would have been cheered no harder if he had suceeded with his showboating move.

In the end, it went a hell of a long way to making the result a draw and not a win.

I like my fellow Irishman, always have, but that was just a dumb and un-necessary move last night.

2 goals up in the first half. AM would have found it very hard to come back from that.

Looking at his face after he missed, I'd say he was calling himself a gobsh1te too.

Do you actually think he tried that flick because he was trying to show-off? That there was some sort of thought process involved? "It's an easy finish but i know! I'll try something audacious coz it will make me a look like a football genius". IMHO he simply made the wrong choice, maybe he didn't fancy hitting across the ball? (not an easy thing to do) with a cross that was fizzed in so fast? maybe the pace of it caught him by surprise? maybe he should have used his other foot? Who knows? He had to make the decision in an instant and regretted it afterwards, simple really. It seems Robbie gets some pretty tough loving from his own compatriots. You calling him a gobshi..te is just about the most ironic thing I've read on here in a while.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:11 pm

I have to agree with Tony-eh even though he sounds like he comes from Manchester.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:30 pm

How special is this . It makes you so proud to be a RED.

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=QF51xmWP7rw
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby f9Torres » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:56 pm

NANNY RED wrote:How special is this . It makes you so proud to be a RED.

We will see in Anfield.
f9Torres

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:10 pm

f9Torres wrote:

We will see in Anfield.

Dont you think it was special to see both sets of supporters enjoying themselves as one. For me it was brilliant an from what i got told today by a few who went the athletico fans where great . Special night by all the fans
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:15 pm

that is fuc...k..in Quality Nanny!!! :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby f9Torres » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:16 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
f9Torres wrote:

We will see in Anfield.

Dont you think it was special to see both sets of supporters enjoying themselves as one. For me it was brilliant an from what i got told today by a few who went the athletico fans where great . Special night by all the fans

Yes of course, i hope to live moments like that there. And i hope to see Fernando too  :;):
f9Torres

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion