Arsenal nearly breaking records - Houllier sounds like a broken record

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:48 pm

Can anyone suggest when Houllier made up his excuses for losing last night?The contenders are :

- Just before the final whistle
- at half time
- before the match
- before the season started
- before he took over at Liverpool
- after France failed to reach USA 94

I say this because they are the same excuses and I get the feeling he just selects the one that best fits the match. If he can't blame the ref or fans, he blames "bad luck" saying we "deserved something". The only thing he deserves IMO is to be shot for picking Biscan. I'm not saying that Henchoz might not have done the same thing but surely even Houllier should be able to learn from his mistakes when he's made the same ones over and over........
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chrys » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:59 pm

yep may b ur right on that point. but as i am sayin for these last days we need more sub( better sub) on the bench.everyone know that henchoz was missin the pace since his return from injury so who to quote in the squad to replace him?
if not houllier then jose mourino
chrys

Postby Owzat » Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:06 pm

We lack pace at the back but Biscan fvcks off so far upfield that he is in no position to defend. Henchoz stays back as he has less inclination to go forward. So we might get exposed by pacy strikers, I'd back Henchoz in the tackle over Biscan any day of the week
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:25 pm

Henchoz is a master of the art of the sneaking tackle, the quick dig or the furtive hold back.

Biscan, on the other hand, is as about as suitable as Bernard Manning: remember his wild kick at the ball at Old Trafford last year that gave away the penalty against the scum?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby big al » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:43 pm

Houllier had two real choices last night

1.  Put the young French men out and hope that the realise that they're playing for more than pride their nation is watching them and they need to rise to this.  This is the same when the English or British players play in the FA cup. a true understanding of the meaning of the game.
2 Put out the most experience players those likely to play a canny game as JBG said Henchoz would(and I agree).  Graft a win, in the end Marseille were cr#p we lost because Houllier did not make the clear choices he did like hewhat he has been doing for two years now, he dithered, Houllier with many of his selections picks his teams without conviction.  He's affraid to win and affraid to lose.  he won't change he's prisoner to this methodology now.

Its like that great line in Shawshank Redemption that Morgan freeman said about being institutionalised.  "you either get busy dying, or you get busy living"
Houllier forgot this simple philosophy, he became affraid of not acheiving greatness at Liverpool and as a result he now affraid of both winning and losing.  Houllier is mediocrity personified, we would all respect him more if he'd been like Keegan at Newcastle, went for it come hell or high water and in the end got busy living.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion