Argentinian on loan - Emiliano insua

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby EddieC » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:38 pm

Institution

Institutions are structures and mechanisms of social order and cooperation governing the behavior of two or more individuals. Institutions are identified with a social purpose and permanence, transcending individual human lives and intentions.

Multi-National

Composed of two or more nationalities.

Which part of that was in correct?
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:41 pm

We are a club, that's what we should be called, not a "multi-national institution". Sure we have structures and foundations and have a history filled with foreign players and a few managers, but we should be referred to a club, not an institution.
67-1161385641

Postby EddieC » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:45 pm

Sorry mate, but we're not going to agree here.

As far as I'm concerned, Liverpool Football Club IS an institution, however I can't be bothered getting into a pointless argument, so let's just agree to disagree.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mattylfc » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:46 pm

CharmlessMan wrote:On a side note can' we all be friends? We all support the same club; we just have different opinions in how the club should be run and what needs to be done to achieve that one common goal we share. We all share that common goal, we just employ different methods and ideologies to achieve this, and we should be united, not bickering like Lee Bowyer and Kieran Dyer.

Here Here!

I think its great that people can share opinions and have discussions about a club they fee so passionately about.  Theres just no need to get personal though, some things are better off not said.
mattylfc

Postby 67-1161385641 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:49 pm

EddieC wrote:Sorry mate, but we're not going to agree here.

As far as I'm concerned, Liverpool Football Club IS an institution, however I can't be bothered getting into a pointless argument, so let's just agree to disagree.

I agree it's an Institution, but I dislike it when we are referred as such, I'd much rather be referred to as Liverpool Football Club and not Liverpool Football Institution. It's extremely trivial, but that's just a pet hate of mine, that's all, but yes let’s agree to disagree on that one.
67-1161385641

Postby red37 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:35 pm

red37 wrote:This club will continue to attract players of all denomination/purpose/origins by way of its status as an international football institution that operates at the very edge of sporting excellence, yet without destabilising its financial security along the way. 

Charmless, you must throw me into the ring also. For i too seem to be spouting words that fail to deliver any clarity in their surrounding context.  Institute?  Organisation? - Club?.....Same thing when you accept the way in which the word is put over, really. Yeah, a prison's an institution, so are Centres of learning amongst others. but as Eddie kindly pointed out. Im certain the 'message' hit home, in whatever guise it could have been offered. Silly point mate, in fairness.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby CardinalRed » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:21 pm

crazyhorse wrote:

:censored: me, he looks a bit like Franco Zola!

I just hope he plays like Zola!!!

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:28 pm

good god......all this started over what? a 17 year old argentine right back? ......we are all entitled to our opinions, some are right some are wrong, lets not get too facsist and let people give there opinions, if you dont agree, fine, just get on with it.....
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby 67-1161385641 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:33 pm

red37 wrote:
red37 wrote:This club will continue to attract players of all denomination/purpose/origins by way of its status as an international football institution that operates at the very edge of sporting excellence, yet without destabilising its financial security along the way. 

Charmless, you must throw me into the ring also. For i too seem to be spouting words that fail to deliver any clarity in their surrounding context.  Institute?  Organisation? - Club?.....Same thing when you accept the way in which the word is put over, really. Yeah, a prison's an institution, so are Centres of learning amongst others. but as Eddie kindly pointed out. Im certain the 'message' hit home, in whatever guise it could have been offered. Silly point mate, in fairness.

If that is your opinion that's fine, but it's not mine and I don't feel it's silly.
67-1161385641

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:35 pm

Pedro O'Maradona wrote:good god......all this started over what? a 17 year old argentine right back? ......we are all entitled to our opinions, some are right some are wrong, lets not get too facsist and let people give there opinions, if you dont agree, fine, just get on with it.....

I agree, as long as everyone admits I am always right!  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:39 pm

s@int wrote:
Pedro O'Maradona wrote:good god......all this started over what? a 17 year old argentine right back? ......we are all entitled to our opinions, some are right some are wrong, lets not get too facsist and let people give there opinions, if you dont agree, fine, just get on with it.....

I agree, as long as everyone admits I am always right!  :D

LOL we can agree to disagree on that saint lol :D
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby Sabre » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:01 pm

Guys you shouldn't discuss among you, you are all true Liverpool supporters.

In this topic my mind agrees Lando and Bad Bob, but I can't blame Alessandromagno of what he's saying.

In my traditionally youth based team local team, watching the youngsters reach the first team is an important thing. If you add to that some nationalism the result is a mixture that would make Alessandromagno's attitude super international and open minded. My point this kind of "home-lads-protection" is something that happens in every club and the surrounding area of this club.

If you're born and live in this close surrounding area of Anfield, you might know the young players since they're wee boys, or might know his family, you always feel closer to the home grown youngsters and you love them reaching the first team as Gerrard did.

People that are not that close to this environment arround the city and the stadium, might love the club as much as anybody, might even go to Anfield every weekend, but they won't feel that proximity to the homegrown lads that much.
And that doesn't mean they're not true supporters...

That's a very natural thing, and Alessandro is not strange in that. At some point he'll talk about this or will be worried when too many outsiders come to the club, because youth system is something that they appreciate so much. And he says that's so important to the people of that zone, which is true, and that's when other TRUE liverpool supporters are offended, because they do not feel to be less supporters than anybody, and they're right.

And then the fight among brothers starts. I think this happens nearly everywhere. And I think that we shouldn't get offended because of those things.

It's just different ways of living the same passion: LFC. We shouldn't be discussing that harshly.

A couple of victories away, and we'll be more friends again :)
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:05 pm

Sabre wrote:Guys you shouldn't discuss among you, you are all true Liverpool supporters.

In this topic my mind agrees Lando and Bad Bob, but I can't blame Alessandromagno of what he's saying.

In my traditionally youth based team local team, watching the youngsters reach the first team is an important thing. If you add to that some nationalism the result is a mixture that would make Alessandromagno's attitude super international and open minded. My point this kind of "home-lads-protection" is something that happens in every club and the surrounding area of this club.

If you're born and live in this close surrounding area of Anfield, you might now the young players since they're wee boys, or might know his family, you always feel closer to the home grown youngsters and you love them reaching the first team as Gerrard did.

People that are not that close to this environment arround the city and the stadium, might love the club as much as anybody, might even go to Anfield every weekend, but they won't feel that proximity to the homegrown lads that much.

That's a very natural thing, and Alessandro is not strange in that. At some point he'll talk about this or will be worried when too many outsiders come to the club, because youth system is something that they appreciate so much. And he says that's so important to the people of that zone, which is true, and that's when other TRUE liverpool supporters are offended, because they do not feel to be less supporters than anybody, and they're right.

And then the fight among brothers starts. I think this happens nearly everywhere. And I think that we shouldn't get offended because of those things.

It's just different ways of living the same passion: LFC. We shouldn't be discussing that harshly.

Hi Rafa.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:18 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:
Sabre wrote:Guys you shouldn't discuss among you, you are all true Liverpool supporters.

If you're born and live in this close surrounding area of Anfield, you might now the young players since they're wee boys, or might know his family, you always feel closer to the home grown youngsters and you love them reaching the first team as Gerrard did.

Hi Rafa.

Why are you saying hi to yourself Rafa ?  :D

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:49 am

Found this article, giving a little more background to the player:

Up till two years ago no Argentine had ever played for Liverpool. Then came Mauricio Pellegrino, followed by Gabriel Palleta and now Emiliano Insua, the latter being a player who will move to Merseyside from Boca Juniors as from the coming January.

Apart from their nationality, those three have another factor in common: they’re all defenders. Which strengthens the impression that Benitez particularly appreciates the qualities of Argentine defenders. After all, his Valencia side was built on a solid backline that was anchored by Pellegrino and Fabio Ayala.

The latest transfer is also the fruit of another of Benitez’s beliefs: that in Argentina you can still pick up talented young players for relatively little. And it is hard to fault such reasoning. How much would an English centre back who had a World U20 championship to his name cost? Certainly much more than the £2 million that Benitez spent to take Gabriel Paletta to Anfield. It would certainly take much more to buy a local left-back, given their relative scarcity, yet Insua has been bought for less than a million.

What remains to be seen is whether these players can adapt to the English game. Pellegrino, for instance, was a massive failure although that can largely be put down to the fact that he joined Liverpool when he was away past his best. Paletta is still being slowly introduced although his sloppiness against Galatasaray was hardly encouraging and he seems to be overly physical in his tackling.

Even so, it is too early to judge him. From a regular (and a star) at Banfield he’s had to adapt to a completely new culture and having to prove himself all over again.

A similar period of adaptation is to be expected of Insua. Highly rated at home, his transfer led Boca president Romano Aguilar to ask FIFA to step in so that the big European sides are stopped from cherry picking their best talent.

It is an understandable reaction for Boca are also on the verge of losing Gonzalo Higuan and Gago, two of the continent’s brightest prospects. Insua might not yet be on their level but, then again, he is a couple of years younger. Nominally a central defender who, unlike Paletta relies on technique rather than strength, Insua is likely to start life in England as a left-back given his talent to play with his left foot.

At 17, he is still very young. Yet Liverpool are confident in his abilities so much that they’re expecting to be in line for his senior debut by the end of the season. If that were to happen, and Insua were to shine, it could mean more heart ache for Aguilar and the rest of Argentine football with more clubs turning their attention to Argentina in search of the next star.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion