Are we missing hamann?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:57 am

Since he has gone we just dont seem the same.
I think we are missing him badly, he was very underated, and one of the most important players in our squad.

He gave the back 4 protection, controlled the game, won us possession back in midfield.

A big big loss, I have a feeling Rafa might bring him back in January.

What do you guys think?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:01 pm

of course he is missed ciggy but also remember we struggled at the start of last season, i think its just rotation causing the problem, and the injuries.  we just havent been able to put out a settled side
112-1077774096

Postby stmichael » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:02 pm

has he played for man city yet?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:05 pm

Not yet, plays his first game for them tomorrow.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:25 pm

Sheffield United aside, I don't think he would have gotten a game for us yet if he was still here and fit.  As such, I don't think you can say we're truly missing him.  When Stevie, Momo and Xabi have been fit and available, they've played and that leaves little room for Hamman.  He's a fantastic player, a Liverpool legend, but truthfully he'd still only be a squad player these days given those three in front of him. 

We seem to be clutching at straws a bit to explain an indifferent start.  Hamman's absence is not why we're 1-1-1 so far.  The bottom line is not who isn't playing, it's the mistakes by those who are playing.  Normal service will resume shortly once the team gets more than a day and half to train with one another.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Mannyk » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:57 pm

Got this feeling that RB will fire the boys up big time the next couple of games which would make it even more confusing the way the team has started.I think that we are looking for excuses in saying that we need to bring back Hamman. Although he does have a presence on the park.

As said before stick with the guys who are playing well and don't rotate the squad for the sake of rotation. If you stuff up or don't play well you lose your place.
I think RB has a situation now that because the squad is so big that he inclined to rotate players and keep them fresh for midweek games etc. Problem is we are not getting any continuity and rythmn in what we are doing and there is a lack of cohesion at the back.May be Hamman could give the back 4 more protection but the goals we are conceding are also individual sfuff ups.May be i am just looking for excuses myself so what the heck if he comes back and we are more solid then keep him.

Digressing then, what does RB do? Does he play his best eleven and keep the rest of the squad on the bench. Or does he seam to think the squad is on par with each other and rotate it because no one is a definite starter.

We are going to see over the next few weeks how good a manager he really is that's for sure. But I have faith in him and we all should too.
Mannyk

Postby bigmick » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:24 pm

I think the point about missing Hamman is a fair one. Usually sod's law dictates that if you have a glaring hole in your squad it's not long before it's brought into sharp focus. Followers of this principle will be watching the fitness of Finnan with baited breath, just as those of us who never ever rated Zenden at any stage of his career were hoping against hope that Alonso wouldn't suffer a slump in form as he is our only genuine holding midfielder.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:43 pm

I dont think we have missed him massively yet, but I got a bad feeling that were going to pay a heavy price for having Zenden as our 4th choice central midfielder.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:47 pm

What we seem to be missing is a clue.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mannyk » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:58 pm

What do you mean Kazza?
Mannyk

Postby kazza » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:18 pm

Mannyk wrote:What do you mean Kazza?

Simply stating that there is no need for the thread. Had we kept Didi and played him yesterday instead of Momo then this thread would have been titled "Raffa should have played Momo instead of Didi".

He left because he wanted more regular football. I always said we should not sell him but we did and he now plays for another team. Move on and walk on.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:58 pm

I think that hamann was a far better choice than Zenden as cover, and he is a loss to the squad but not a huge one. I mean the only game he would have played in was probably the sheffield united away match.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alessandromagno » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:56 pm

I definitely think he should have stayed.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:57 pm

bigmick wrote:I think the point about missing Hamman is a fair one. Usually sod's law dictates that if you have a glaring hole in your squad it's not long before it's brought into sharp focus. Followers of this principle will be watching the fitness of Finnan with baited breath, just as those of us who never ever rated Zenden at any stage of his career were hoping against hope that Alonso wouldn't suffer a slump in form as he is our only genuine holding midfielder.

My fears and worries exactly
account deleted by request

Postby Red Dotty » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:04 pm

As a squad member i think we will as he was quality. Liked him as a player. But we do have momo who is becoming one of the most key players for us and is still only a boy. :buttrock
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion