Are these draws for fixtures etc set up?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dward » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:33 pm

It is a bit weird sometimes that like in the world cup every big team like Spain, Italy, France (maybe not a good example in 2002), Germany and Brazil had relatively small teams in their groups.
Same thing for the world cup qualifiers for 2006.

If Liverpool are paired with the bitters in the 3rd round, then it'll be a bit obvious that Uefa's draws are a bit fixed.

It was already weird that TNS had offered to play Liverpool and then we're paired with them.... :oh:

anyway, what do we think? ???
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:43 pm

Yes I do.  Chelsea got drawn against barcelona, while we got Juventus.  Maureen said he wanted to play Barcelona, while Baros said he hoped we played Juventus.  Plus this..... it's almost like they are trying to get caught
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:53 pm

L-type wrote:Yes I do.  Chelsea got drawn against barcelona, while we got Juventus.  Maureen said he wanted to play Barcelona, while Baros said he hoped we played Juventus.  Plus this..... it's almost like they are trying to get caught

YEAH!!!! I'll never accuse europe's football organization alone!!! :D  :D

:D
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:01 pm

Of course it's going to happen. It already happened back in the 70's when L'pool won the EC and Forest (Christ, what a difference in fortunes!!!) won the league - we met in the 1st round n they knocked us out.

I've said it before, n i'll say it again - UEFA is run by a bunch of k**bs who know f**k all on what is good for football - FIFA's even worse - as long as the cash is coming in, they will not be arsed about us. The sooner someone with a football background (Beckenbauer, preferably) is in charge, the better and we will avoid farces like this one. :angry:

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion