Arbeloa gets spain call up

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:43 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
The_Rock wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Kuyt hasnt been picked for Holland.

Seriously think Kuyt must get out of liverpool if he wants to salvage his career. The longer he stays the worse he becomes. Its a pity because his attitude is 1st class.

He should go back to holland....It will be a win-win situation.

Agreed , he always gives his most on the pitch , helps with the defending , cept he can't score . HE' sthe most hardworking player i've ever seen and yes i agree with you and i hope he does go back to holland , it's a pity to ruin his career , esp when he does not deserve it , he's heart is gold , he's character is top class

We can make an arguement about Kuyt's workrate if our wingers and midfielders chip in with their fair share of goals....

But when we only depend on gerrard and torres to score goals....kuyt inefficiency become more apparant...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:23 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
The_Rock wrote:

Seriously think Kuyt must get out of liverpool if he wants to salvage his career. The longer he stays the worse he becomes. Its a pity because his attitude is 1st class.

He should go back to holland....It will be a win-win situation.

Agreed , he always gives his most on the pitch , helps with the defending , cept he can't score . HE' sthe most hardworking player i've ever seen and yes i agree with you and i hope he does go back to holland , it's a pity to ruin his career , esp when he does not deserve it , he's heart is gold , he's character is top class

This is my arguement with Kuyt, did we spend 10 million on a forward to score or 10 million on a long distant runner?

I can't fault his work-rate, but hard work will only get you so far. He's not up to playing for Liverpool. He's a Dutch Robbie Savage and I'm sure you wouldn't want us to fork out 10 mill on Savage.

he would be better if rafa played him in his natural position and not off the striker . he's playing as a second striker or sometimes as a winger.  No i would not even take savage for free , dirty kunt
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:26 pm

The manager basically said he was sh.ite as well only in a more polite kind of way! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:34 pm

Hopefully this call up will give him the confidence to up his game.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:00 pm

Good to see the rest of the lads being called up for spain as well. Reina best keeper in the world deserves to be his national side's no 1. alonso and torres should be in every squad anyway

well done to alvaro most of all though. bout time.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby holylamb2006 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:00 am

I dont know i just dont like the guy ......

I always try and say he is a good player but i always think he's not

I dnt think he's premiership winning material but well done for getting in the spanish squad !!
holylamb2006

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:39 am

I've just read the squad in full, and we boast the most players from any indiviual side. Is that a credit to us, or is it just the national side is filled with players from all different clubs nowadays, rather than just the top 2 or 3 like it used to be.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby hello_red » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:04 am

Good on the guy, he deserves it he has played well for us.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby JamCar05 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:14 pm

Congrats to the lad. Unfortunately he won't be able to play due to his injury, but it's still nice for him to see, that the national coach has recognised his talents. Hope he makes the squad again the next time around (as long as he doesn't get injured while away).
JamCar05

Postby RedBlood » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:09 pm

i like him i would keep him asa squad player because hes versatile & u can depend on him when hes in the team dont 4get be4 injuries (theres a shocker) he was 1 of the betta players 4 us at the start of the season

but i would prefer sum1 like alves or my personally fave at the mo Anthony Vanden Borre, maybe gareth bale at left back (wishful thinkin)

:blues:
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:32 pm

Arbeloa withdraws from Spain squad
By Al Campbell

Sunday, 3rd February 2008
Alvaro Arbeloa has had to withdraw from the Spain squad to face France this week.
The Liverpool defender was set to earn his first international cap in Wednesday's friendly but has had to withdraw from the squad because of the abdominal injury that has kept him out of the Reds' last few games.

The coach called me after naming the squad, to see how I was and to know if I could make the game. But we have decided that as I will not be able to be 100 per cent it was best to leave it," said Arbeloa.

"I hope I am selected for the next game because now I have the taste for it. I hope I'll be lucky enough to play in the following match.

"It's disappointing because we didn't know how much time I would be out for. It is a shame because it has not gone as quickly as we had expected. I am still around a week away from returning.

"The call-up took me a little bit by surprise because it was not something I was expecting, but I am very happy to know that I am in this list and satisfied to be chosen by the coach.

"The national team looked a little difficult and far off for me because I have never been called up.

"It was difficult to dream about being at the European Championships, but now, I hope to continue along this line and that I will be called up again."

http://www.lfconline.com/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=375791

Hard luck for the lad , mus be gutted
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:37 pm

Ah :censored:, shame for the lad. How long is out for?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:43 pm

Well according to physioroom , 15th feb
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion