Apparently anelka's a definite

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:08 pm

LFC #1 wrote:perhaps he has lost the desire to play for City, a fresh start at a big club like ourselves, who cast him off, could do wonders for him and he will want to prove himself to GH and the likes who didn't sign him for us 2 seasons ago.

I wouldn't be p1ssed off if we signed him cos at the end of the day as long as Beni can settle him down and get him playing football he is a tallent, but I'd have Morentes over him anyday of the week!  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whelston23 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:11 pm

anelka wants to play for a big clu.. liverpool is the one... once u know u r in the big club... not performing well will result him being dropped... i think he won't be that lazy any more.
whelston23

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:14 pm

his goals to game ratio is fantastic.. especially for a big lazy git who can't be ar$ed
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:17 pm

he also scored 20 goals in a poor man city team that nearly got relegated. that says it all for me. in a decent team with a decent manager he'd be dynamite i reckon.

funnily enough i see him as a similar player to cisse in many respects.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redrider » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:18 pm

From BBC this morning :
Last Updated: Thursday, 16 December, 2004, 09:15 GMT 

Benitez 'to launch Morientes bid' 

Morientes spent last season on loan with Monaco
Liverpool may launch an £8m January bid for long-time target Fernando Morientes, according to reports.
The Real Madrid striker has been linked with a move to Anfield since the summer and is currently behind Raul, Ronaldo and Michael Owen at the Bernabeu.
Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez is keen to bolster his forward options with Djibril Cisse out until next season.
"If there is an attractive propostition it could be I would be keen to leave," admitted the 28-year-old Morientes.
He added: "Unfortunately, I'm not in control of the situation. I'm under contract to Real and they will make any decisions."
The fee could put Liverpool off a prospective deal but Real are keen to net the cash as they are reported to be preparing a massive summer bid for Inter Milan striker Adriano.

The Reds are currently sixth in the Premiership, 15 points.

Maybe we are signing both !!   :)   :)
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:19 pm

Redrider wrote:Maybe we are signing both !!   :)   :)

according to chris bascombe in the echo today we are definitely interested in both. whether we can afford both is another matter.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:20 pm

8 million would be ok??  Can't see them taking that though....  but I would have said the same about Owen
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Paul C » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:56 pm

Didn't city pay about £13m for him 2 years about?
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby FrankM » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:12 pm

Paul C wrote:I prefer Morientes than Anelka, I'm just unsure about Anelka cos he always complains and gives off the wrong 'vibe' when things are going right instead of pulling his finger out :(

Morientes Cup tied
Anelka not Cop tied

Surely this will have a bearing on any decision.

Also the captain seems to be in the Anelka camp. Dont know whether or not this would have any effect on Rafa's views.
FrankM

Postby Gareth G » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:17 pm

dapioneer wrote:cant complain, players like him dont come along that often, i reckon we get him

Are you sure about that?

Do you know hes from France and not a local?

Anyway, id welcome him back with open arms.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:18 pm

FrankM wrote:
Paul C wrote:I prefer Morientes than Anelka, I'm just unsure about Anelka cos he always complains and gives off the wrong 'vibe' when things are going right instead of pulling his finger out :(

Morientes Cup tied
Anelka not Cop tied

Surely this will have a bearing on any decision.

Also the captain seems to be in the Anelka camp. Dont know whether or not this would have any effect on Rafa's views.

The league is the priority, if we don't finish in the top three we won't be in the champions league next season cos we ain't gonna win it this season  :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:21 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:8 million would be ok??  Can't see them taking that though....  but I would have said the same about Owen

How about £5m and Mellor or A.N.Other, in part exchange. :oops:
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:22 pm

i know Keegan signs sh*te players sometimes but i think even Mello wouldnt be on his list somehow
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:26 pm

jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:i know Keegan signs sh*te players sometimes but i think even Mello wouldnt be on his list somehow

Good point.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:25 pm

As long Anelka scores goals, i don't give a damn if he is a lazy a$$ or not.

And yes, i keep hearing that this deal is done. Stevie G has also given his stamp of approval for anelka too.

My take, it is a great deal for us. But i would prefer if we bought a striker who is also good in the air (I think i can header better than Baros, Cisse & Anelka  :p ).

Now if we can also get a right winger (SWP or Pennant) & Centreback (Upson), it will be a great 2005 for me at least  :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion