Anyone know the score? - For the porto v liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:33 am

Who exactly thinks 0-0 is a poor result against the European Champions !!!! :D  I think it's a satisfactory result but par of that might be cos i couldn't see the game LIVE whne i live in Liverpool yet every bugger else could around the world !!!!! :laugh:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieRed » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:34 am

No it wont be a good result.. they have lost their playmaker in Deco to Barca and lost their two centre-defenders to Chelski!!! They aren't anywhere near the team they were last year
AussieRed

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:35 am

0-0 wouldnt be a bad result, simply beacuse it's only a friendly and Porto still have a lot of class in their side.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:36 am

So we are now going to argue the toss over a pre season friendly now are we :p

Perspective my friend , perspective :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:47 am

Ref is spoilin the game, keeps blowin for minor incidents
He comes from Spain and he doesn't speak good English,
But we don't care cos he'll turn us into winners,
The European Cup will be ours before he's finished,
Raaaaafaa Benitez!
Rafa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:56 am

from having a nice draw we might end up losing
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:01 am

ARGG we ****** lost....seriosuly porto can go f*ck their ****** they play so ****** rough but i cudnt give a ****** cos its just a friendly.. seriosuly that match seemed like a scheduled champions league match
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:02 am

1-0 porto Carlos Alberto 85'
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby policy » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:02 am

What a heartbreaker. But the way that Porto were getting chances throughout the first half, Porto was bound to score. Porto had a lot more chances. On the scoring play, it seemed that Hypiaa missed a header to clear the ball from in front of the net which ended up as an easy goal for Porto.

My friends and I agree that we just weren't heading the ball well. Actually it was really crummy. But I am sure that Rafa will give us an earful about it and we'll be ready before the start of the season.
policy

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:02 am

what the hell is going abt 0 - 0
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:04 am

FU*K PORTO
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:05 am

here is the match report from lfc .tv.

A cruel Carlos Alberto goal four minutes from time put an end to Rafael Benitez's unbeaten reign as the new Liverpool manager in Toronto but Kopites shouldn't be too disheartened by a match in which we were never second best. 
It seems there's a slight difference in quality between the champions of Scotland and the champions of Europe. While Celtic were dispatched with ease last week, Porto proved far more difficult opponents.

After three days of unbelievable hype following our 5-1 demolition of Celtic, with some fans automatically assuming that the title was as good as ours this season, tonight's result may have instilled a bit more realism into the debate which is no bad thing.

Tonight's game needs to be put into perspective however. Two months ago, as Porto were ripping apart Monaco to land their first ever European Cup, few would have given Liverpool much hope of living with the high-flying Portuguese champions.

That was before the arrival of Rafael Benitez and Djibril Cisse, however.

Although still early days at Anfield for both manager and player, there's suddenly a new feel good factor around the place with everyone connected to the club buzzing about our new attacking style of play.

While tonight's game in the heat of Toronto's impressive SkyDome didn't quite live up to highs of our six-goal thriller against Celtic, there were enough signs to suggest that already Benitez is attempting to mould a team more in the image of Valencia than England.

The partnership of Cisse and Owen always looked threatening with the Frenchman doing some great work inside and outside the box and the England striker appearing to have recovered the sharpness that seemed to go missing in Portugal. In fact, Owen might have given the Reds the lead within two minutes when his header from Danny Murphy's free-kick ended up in the arms of Victor Baia. The Liverpool No.10 went close again with another header but this time his effort was over the bar. Perhaps the best chance of the first half fell to John Arne Riise though who found himself clear in the box only tofluff his shot when a goal looked certain.

Porto were anything but ordinary though and presented a far tougher test for the Liverpool defence than Celtic managed in East Connecticut last Tuesday. On more than one occasion, Jerzy Dudek had to be at his shot-stopping best to deny Benni McCarthy from opening the scoring in the first half.

With Benitez still getting a feel for the players at his disposal, it was no surprise to see wholesale changes at half-time with Owen and Cisse making way for Milan Baros and Florent Sinama-Pongolle amongst others.

The second-half never quite manager to live up to the end-to-end excitement of the first period despite Baros causing constant problems but Benitez, while obviously disappointed with the result, will have learnt a lot from tonight's performance.

Final Score: Liverpool 0 Porto 1
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:11 am

we gave the ball away too much in the second half, too many long balls.

The match was borin, the ref didnt allow it to flow, Baros didnt get a sniff all match which is bad 2 c cos he needs some match practice
He comes from Spain and he doesn't speak good English,
But we don't care cos he'll turn us into winners,
The European Cup will be ours before he's finished,
Raaaaafaa Benitez!
Rafa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:11 am

just realised not to be to dissappointed

but we will be deadly in the league with are players :;):
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:17 am

Dalglish wrote:Hong Kong !!!! :O  Bloody hell !!!!!!! :D 

I can spit to the ground from where I live and yet can't see a Pre Season friendly and he;'s in Hong Kong and can watch it live !!!!! Whats happening to football !!!!! ???

there is a channel in hk cable tv that shows the most important matches in the world but just to explain since everyones wonderin, recently, everything user that has NETVIGATOR broadband connection gets this new stylish cable for free so u can watch what u want

also i can watch every premiership i want

so there are 2 cables if u put it thatway

dun you UK guys has sky sports and stuff and isint it damn good?

so thats cool isint it?
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion