Anyone else still depressed as ******?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:15 am

Emerald Red wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:Bill Shankly used to manage Grimsby Town. He wasnt the best until he arrived at Liverpool and turned that club around. History can repeat itself.

Is that you trying to be optimistic, or just trying to make comparisons to a situation which frankly just don't exist. Sure the club was in decay; Anfield was a sh*thole falling apart, but the club had one thing then that we don't have now: a clean slate to build on. The ironic thing is that the changing rooms and the bogs in Anfield back then may have had a few rats running around, now we've just got rats in the upper levels.

Just trying to get some sort of unification going. This club has suffered travesty, its the history of the club. A travesty is going on right now, at the end, when we are through it, would you rather be known as the one who saw the light at the end of the storm, or the one who sat and whimpered?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:27 am

Kharhaz wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:Bill Shankly used to manage Grimsby Town. He wasnt the best until he arrived at Liverpool and turned that club around. History can repeat itself.

Is that you trying to be optimistic, or just trying to make comparisons to a situation which frankly just don't exist. Sure the club was in decay; Anfield was a sh*thole falling apart, but the club had one thing then that we don't have now: a clean slate to build on. The ironic thing is that the changing rooms and the bogs in Anfield back then may have had a few rats running around, now we've just got rats in the upper levels.

Just trying to get some sort of unification going. This club has suffered travesty, its the history of the club. A travesty is going on right now, at the end, when we are through it, would you rather be known as the one who saw the light at the end of the storm, or the one who sat and whimpered?

You shouldn't try to unify anything, because there's no need. Those of us who have reserations about Roy are not upset that Roy is now our boss. He is our boss and there's nothing that can be done other than just wait and see where his plan will take us. We don't have any kind of malice towards him, and if he fails - which a good few think he will - then I for one won't bare any ill will against the man, who quiet frankly will have his work cut out for him. If you recall before the previous manager was sacked, a thread was started on who people think should be his successor. Now, forgive me if my memory is hazy, but I'm fairly certain that most went for the premium out there; the likes of Jose, Hiddink et al. Sure Roy's name was bandied about, but very few were actually serious about having him here, and even then, his name was only being passed around simply because the press caught wind of the preceedings at the club. It was simply just speculative nonsense, or so most of us who wished this club to have higher aspirations thought so. Most of us with that mindset took it as a bit of a shock and a disappointment to learn that the club had sacked a man who could walk into any if not most of the top jobs in European football to be replaced by a manager who was basically flavour of the month for the English press. We're talking about the sacking of a manager who knows how to get teams to European finals on a consistent basis and actually win them and be replaced by a journeyman who's CV doesn't hold a candle in comparison. So, Roys here to be what? A bandaid? A sticking plaster to stem the bleeding? Did the board sack Rafa in the thinking that Roy could come in and win us the title and bring us more European glory? Because if that's their mode of thinking, then we're more f*cked than most on here would give us credit for judging by some of the posts.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:31 am

On that note, I'm off to down some Bushmills.

Slan.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:43 am

Emerald Red wrote:You shouldn't try to unify anything, because there's no need. Those of us who have reserations about Roy are not upset that Roy is now our boss. He is our boss and there's nothing that can be done other than just wait and see where his plan will take us. We don't have any kind of malice towards him, and if he fails - which a good few think he will - then I for one won't bare any ill will against the man, who quiet frankly will have his work cut out for him. If you recall before the previous manager was sacked, a thread was started on who people think should be his successor. Now, forgive me if my memory is hazy, but I'm fairly certain that most went for the premium out there; the likes of Jose, Hiddink et al. Sure Roy's name was bandied about, but very few were actually serious about having him here, and even then, his name was only being passed around simply because the press caught wind of the preceedings at the club. It was simply just speculative nonsense, or so most of us who wished this club to have higher aspirations thought so. Most of us with that mindset took it as a bit of a shock and a disappointment to learn that the club had sacked a man who could walk into any if not most of the top jobs in European football to be replaced by a manager who was basically flavour of the month for the English press. We're talking about the sacking of a manager who knows how to get teams to European finals on a consistent basis and actually win them and be replaced by a journeyman who's CV doesn't hold a candle in comparison. So, Roys here to be what? A bandaid? A sticking plaster to stem the bleeding? Did the board sack Rafa in the thinking that Roy could come in and win us the title and bring us more European glory? Because if that's their mode of thinking, then we're more f*cked than most on here would give us credit for judging by some of the posts.

But thats opinion. Compare that to the facts. We reached two finals, and as harsh as it is, the one he won was with Houilliers squad. I have seen a reply on this forum from a staunch rafa supporter "If the squad stays as it is, then we wont reach 4th place". Well, rafa built this squad. I have said before, off the pitch no one can doubt rafas intentions but on it, well, he not only lost matches, he lost his players.

The appointment of Roy Hodgson could well prove to be a disaster, as long as we have these owners, the future is uncertain. All we can do is just give Roy a reason as to why he has to go all out to do his best. He could well turn out to be another Bill Shankly, start again at the beginning, and guess what? no multi billionaire arab is needed.

Let the others buy the league, let good honest hard work be the basis of our club. As long as there is hope, there is a future.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:51 am

maguskwt wrote:my point is that I want us to be competing for established players who can improve our team... it wasn't an argument about whether money matters or not (which I believe you are heading into that direction by comparing Spurs and Arsenal)... I'm sick of the next Henry's and the next Zidane's...

Was just a joke dude :)
Last edited by Scottbot on Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:57 am

If ever I read a thread that proved posting after a few bevvies was a bad idea this is it!

And I've had a few meself :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:04 am

Scottbot wrote:If ever I read a thread that proved posting after a few bevvies was a bad idea this is it!

:laugh:

In my case though the opposite. I havent had a drink in a while. We got the news 2 days ago that my boys breathing is perfectly normal and there is no sign of asthma or any breathing difficulties. Relief in my case, although I have no doubt, beer in others !
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:18 am

Kharhaz wrote:
Scottbot wrote:If ever I read a thread that proved posting after a few bevvies was a bad idea this is it!

In my case though the opposite. I havent had a drink in a while. We got the news 2 days ago that my boys breathing is perfectly normal and there is no sign of asthma or any breathing difficulties. Relief in my case, although I have no doubt, beer in others !

Glad to hear he's all clear dude! And if your not drinking I think i'll go an poor meself one more to drink to your lad's good health! x  :)
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:31 am

Scottbot wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

Glad to hear he's all clear dude! And if your not drinking I think i'll go an poor meself one more to drink to your lad's good health! x  :)

I wont complain if you do ! The relief itself is like a drug.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shawnk » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:31 am

Ciggy wrote:Liverpool F.C never employs a sh!t feckin manager like Roy Hodgson lets get it out the way once and for all.
The fella went tp Llandudno on his holidays ffs that should tell you all you want to know.
Steady the ship? steady the ship cause we are heading towards the feckin ice berg thats why.

Why does going anywhere for holiday has anything to do with football? :lookaround

Just hope Roy Hodgson proves his doubters wrong! Go Roy go Liverpool, don't let them drag you down!
shawnk

Postby neil » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:04 pm

Ciggy wrote:Liverpool F.C never employs a sh!t feckin manager like Roy Hodgson lets get it out the way once and for all.
The fella went tp Llandudno on his holidays ffs that should tell you all you want to know.
Steady the ship? steady the ship cause we are heading towards the feckin ice berg thats why.

your a disgrace, you have been for a while.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:42 pm

what a sour faced grumpy old wazzack - get a grip.

this is out of order  :angry:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:48 pm

neil wrote:

No she isn't she is just speaking her mind as was I. Is it wrong to have an opinion someone else doesn't agree with? Considering nearly 40% of people in that poll Ozwat made voted no I think it's fair to say there are a few who feel the same.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:07 pm

bavlondon wrote:
neil wrote:

No she isn't she is just speaking her mind as was I. Is it wrong to have an opinion someone else doesn't agree with? Considering nearly 40% of people in that poll Ozwat made voted no I think it's fair to say there are a few who feel the same.

Gotta laugh at that one Bav...
Calling the club manager (regardless of whether u think he's competent or not before a ball is kicked) a "sh!t fcking manager" and calling the club a "sh!t club" isnt an opinion you'd want to see at a liverpool forum...
References to where he went for holidays are irrelevant imo too.. I still dont get why that was even mentioned ?! Is he somehow below the club's level because he didnt go somewhere a little more fashionable ?!

Give the guy the chance or not is your call to make.. You are also entitled to your opinion and all that but i thought you (maybe even her) of most down here would know that insults towards the manager and the club dont go down too well with other fans...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:11 pm

aCe' wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
neil wrote:

Gotta laugh at that one Bav...
Calling the club manager (regardless of whether u think he's competent or not before a ball is kicked) a "sh!t fcking manager" and calling the club a "sh!t club" isnt an opinion you'd want to see at a liverpool forum...
References to where he went for holidays are irrelevant imo too.. I still dont get why that was even mentioned ?! Is he somehow below the club's level because he didnt go somewhere a little more fashionable ?!

Give the guy the chance or not is your call to make.. You are also entitled to your opinion and all that but i thought you (maybe even her) of most down here would know that insults towards the manager and the club dont go down too well with other fans...

When did she say shi.t club? I didn't see that anywhere ace.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion